home Window repair & Installation Services
Mr. Handyman performs a variety of home window repairs and installations.
Whether windows won’t budge or a window frame repair is required, our fully licensed and insured contractors provide the quality work that gets your windows working right. And if you’ve purchased new windows, we remove your old windows and install the new ones.
Our specialists are experienced with all manner of sash and casement windows, and we’re happy to install new tilt windows, too, along with new styles of energy-efficient windows as they come on the market.
When is it time to replace windows?
- Moisture on panes
- Chipped or faded exteriors
- Difficulty opening and closing
These are all signs that you may need new windows. Wood windows tend to show wear faster than newer, more efficient types of windows. Our wood window repair services can address these issues, however, these repairs can only extend the value of your home for so long. Constant repairs suggest it's time to consider window installation services.
Moisture is another sign that it's time to consider replacing your windows. Over time, the sash loosens and moisture begins to accumulate. Common sash window repair can extend your window's life for a while, but just like with wood window repair, constantly fixing these windows costs more in the long run than installing new windows altogether.
In a 10- to 20-year period, general wear and tear can break down the efficiency of your windows and your home. Our residential window repair and installation home visits aim to improve the overall value of your home. Not sure if your windows need repair or replacement? Our qualified home repair technicians can help you decide whether it's time to repair or replace windows.
Contact Mr. Handyman to learn more about home window repair and installation services.
Window Repair Tips
Window repair and installation are popular service requests. When evaluating your own home window needs, be sure to look at the following:
- Check for rotting wood. If a screwdriver goes into the wood easily, then the window frame likely needs to be replaced. Cracked window caulking also needs to be inspected.
- Check for cracking. Heat is a common culprit for drying out and cracking caulk. Applying exterior caulk every six months will keep your home efficient in hot and cold weather.
- Consider upgrading to energy efficiency. When it comes time to replace your home's windows, consider energy efficient windows.
Whether you’re hoping for a completely new set of windows or you’ve just discovered a crack or fissure in one of your favorite panes, call us at 1.877.MRHANDYMAN.