Checklist For Choosing A Handyman
Ensure your home repair and maintenance projects are done by a trust-worthy and high quality handyman. Mr. Handyman conducts thorough background checks on our technicians, who are also bonded and insured. All technicians are company employees, not sub-contractors. You can feel confident allowing our technicians into your home – that’s the Mr. Handyman difference.
Not all companies or independent contractors take the same precautions – yet it is part of the value we provide our customers. We stand by our craftsmanship because our technicians average over 15 years of experience in residential and commercial work.
"Customer satisfaction is our company’s top priority. We promise to show up on time and do the job right – no project is too small!" said Alex Roberts, President & CEO of Mr. Handyman International.
Unfortunately, not all providers act with the same level of integrity. Roberts recommends home owners watch for the following phrases outlined in a recent article on MSN.com and follow your instinct when choosing a handyman:
- • "I just happen to be working in your neighborhood."
- • "I have materials left over."
- • "I need cash upfront."
- • "I have a special offer that’s good for you, today only."
- • "I can help you finance the project."
- • "I want to use your home as a model."
According to the article, these may be signs of dishonesty. "Doing background checks and making sure you trust a person before signing a contract or hiring them to perform work in your home is imperative," said Roberts.
Why Choose Mr. Handyman Over an Independent Provider?
- • Mr. Handyman is the largest employer of handymen worldwide.
- • Our Mr. Handyman technicians arrive in a clearly marked van and in uniform.
- • We arrive ready to work.
- • On time. Done right. It's our guarantee.
- • No job is too small.
For professional home repair services, find your local Mr. Handyman.