Attic Project Ideas
One of the most important rooms of your home is your attic. To be sure, it most likely will never be viewed by guests or see you relaxing with family, but those two things, and so many more, depend upon a well maintained attic. Mr. Handyman specializes in attic maintenance and understands how important this space is to your home:
- If your attic’s insulation is falling apart, your home will not be energy efficient nor will it be comfortable.
- Investing in a whole house fan or a whole house humidifier not only promotes energy efficiency, it can reduce the amount of allergens and extend the life of your roof.
- If your attic is leaking, your home will soon be full of rot and mold.
- When you decide to tackle this area of the home, do it with care. By taking care of minor home repairs early, you are helping to avoid a major home repair down the road.
These examples and so many more demonstrate why your attic truly is a conduit of health for your entire home. Mr. Handyman’s professionals find that three types of projects are usually required in any attic:
- Insulation repair/replacement. This home repair project is vital to the comfort and energy cost savings of your home. Maintaining properly installed insulation will ensure that your home is inviting to you, your family and your friends and neighbors. This will also help mitigate significant utility bill spikes during months of extreme cold or heat. Find out how much insulation you need.
- General roof/ceiling upkeep. Maintaining the roof of your home is a double-sided issue, meaning that your roof and your attic’s ceiling are one in the same and should be treated as such. If your attic is home to leaks or cracks and holes, your entire home will suffer. Mold, mildew and rot will quickly follow any leak, compromising your home’s structural integrity. It's also a good idea to clean attic and roof vents, which allow air to flow through the attic, as well as put in an attic fan to keep your home cool.
- Rotted wood. Check around windows and doors for wood rot. If you spot any, then consider Mr. Handyman for carpentry services.
- Electrical issues. Your attic is also home to some of your house’s most important electrical equipment. Maintaining these exposed electrical works is vitally important. Water and electrics do not mix, nor do exposed electrics and wood.
Contact Mr. Handyman if you have any of the above concerns about your attic or any other home repair questions or needs.
We are happy to answer any questions that you may have and are ready to tackle any issue that your attic presents with you through our professional handyman services today!