As part of the National Day of Service , Mr. Handyman technicians will perform hundreds of repair and maintenance jobs on Sept. 9, 2011; all without a collecting a single penny in labor costs.
From Los Angeles to Washington D.C. , Mr. Handyman franchisees have organized local repair projects that will all take place Sept. 9 for children's hospitals, domestic violence shelters, homes of military veterans, and other groups in need across the country.
The National Day of Service and Remembrance was established in 2009 as a way to encourage Americans to participate in service and remembrance activities on the 9/11 anniversary. This year, more than 1 million Americans are expected to serve in their communities in honor of 9/11, according to United We Serve , a national organization that rallies behind the cause. The day is part of President Obama's request to renew America through volunteerism.
This marks the third consecutive year Mr. Handyman has rallied around the cause, donating 1,600 hours of labor to groups in need over the past two years. The franchise will use their skilled technicians' time with the local charities and plans to donate another 1,600 hours in 2011.
"Our brand is made up of local entrepreneurs who thrive in their communities and there's no better time for our franchisees to give back than on this day," said Todd Recknagel, President and CEO of Mr. Handyman. "During this time, it's important to show the country what we're capable of - a day when we give something of great value to those who need us most."
National Day of Service Participants
- Mr. Handyman serving Winter Springs, Fl Donates to Seminole House
- Michigan City, IN Handyman Participates in National Day of Service
- Charleston, WV Handyman Gets Involved with National Day of Service
- Mr. Handyman of Los Angeles to Donate Repair Work for National Day of Service
- Mr. Handyman Donates to Indiana Mentor for National Day of Service
- Naples, FL Handyman to Repair Doors and Power Wash at Youth Haven
- Dallas and McKinney Handymen Roll-Up Sleeves for National Day of Service
- Raleigh area Handyman Attaches Wheel Chair Ramp for National Day of Service
- Washington D.C. Area Handyman Make Home Repairs for National Day of Service
- Grand Rapids Area Handyman assists Army Sargeant for National Day of Service
- West Chicago, IL Handyman helps Local Charity for National Day of Service
National Day of Service in the News
- Mr. Handyman of Wheaton
- Mr. Handyman of Kanawha Valley
- Mr. Handyman of SE Boone, W. Hamilton & N. Marion Counties
Video from National Day of Service