The spring season means many things to many people. To some it means renewal. To others it may mean warmer temperatures or the sound of chirping birds. Oftentimes, spring is synonmous with spring cleaning and repair. Spring cleaning rids your home of wintertime stuffiness, dust, clutter, and household projects that have been put on hold to "wait until spring."
We've compiled a list of the top 5 things you should do to get your house ready for spring.
- Gutter Cleaning. You're probably thinking "Seriously? Gutter cleaning is number one on Mr. Handyman's list?" We totally understand where you're coming from but gutters are one of the most underrated aspects of your home. Did you know gutters will extend the life of your roof, soffits and fascia of your home? For the sake of your roof, we highly recommend cleaning your gutters.
- Window Repair. One of the best things about spring is being able to open your windows and welcome the cool, fresh breeze into your home. If you have a busted window you probably won't be able to take advantage of this. Get those windows fix and get some fresh air into your home!
- Professional Power Washing Services. Getting your home and deck professionally power washed can really add to your curb appeal. Not only does power washing reduce wear and tear, it makes it look good as new! Do you have outdoor furniture you need to get out from the garage or storage unit? Have that power washed too!
- Home Organization. Spring is one of the best times to get your home organized. Start small with desk drawers and closets. Then move up to the big leagues with basements and garages.
- Wood Rot Repair. Wood rot usually means there is underlying damage caused by water leaking behind your home's siding or between seams. Oftentimes the leaking and rotting began years ago, hidden from sight. Underneath, however, soaked wood has begun to rot and may be infested with insects (often carpenter ants). So when repairs begin, more damage is often uncovered.