As part of the National Day of Service, technicians from Mr. Handyman will perform repair and maintenance jobs across the country on Monday, Sept. 10th, all without a collecting a single penny in labor costs.
From Los Angeles to South Palm Beach , Mr. Handyman franchisees have organized local repair projects that will all take place Sept. 10th for children's hospitals, domestic violence shelters, homes of military veterans, and other groups in need across the country.
The National Day of Service and Remembrance was established in 2009 as a way to encourage Americans to participate in service and remembrance activities on the 9/11 anniversary. This year, more than one million Americans are expected to serve in their communities in honor of 9/11, according to United We Serve, a national organization that supports the cause. The day is part of President Obama's request to renew America through volunteerism.
This marks the fourth consecutive year Mr. Handyman has rallied around the cause, donating a combined 2,400 hours of labor to groups in need over the past three years. The franchise will use their skilled technicians' time this year with local fire stations and hopes to build on past efforts.
"Our brand is made up of local entrepreneurs who thrive in their communities, and there's no better time for our franchisees to give back than on this day," said Alex Roberts, President of Mr. Handyman. "During this time, it's important to show the country what we're capable of - honoring the lives and memories of 9/11 heroes past and present."
Visit the Mr. Handyman website for more information on National Day of Service.
2012 National Day of Service in the News
- Anniversary of 9/11 is a day devoted not only to remembrance, but to service.
- Mr. Handyman Chooses East Naples Fire Department as Focus for National Day of Service
- Mr. Handyman Assists SP Fire Department on National Day of Service
- Mr. Handyman of the Kanawha Valley giving away help on National Day of Service
- Mr. Handyman of Los Angeles to Donate 50 Hours of Repair Service to ONEgeneration
- Mr. Handyman of Wheaton Donates to National Day of Service
- Women's Center Benefits from 9/11 Service
- Mr. Handyman of Jacksonville donates to Quigley House for National Day of Service
Video from National Day of Service