Chalkboard Paint Pumpkins
When it comes to favorite Halloween activities, pumpkin carving is probably only surpassed by trick-or-treating. Kids love picking a template and taking charge their own creation. Pumpkin carving is a wonderful family activity, but unfortunately it is not safe for younger kids who cannot control knives and saws safely yet. The good news for you is that Mr. Handyman has a few ideas on carving pumpkins without knives or saws. In our last post we discussed painting pumpkins with chalkboard paint , today we will show you how to carve a pumpkin using cookie cutters.
Cookie Cutter Pumpkin Carving Materials
- 1 - Pumpkin
- Rubber Mallet
- Metal Cookie Cutters
- Candle or small battery powered light.
- Gently push the cookie cutter into the flesh of the skin using your hand.
- Use a rubber mallet, to pound the cookie cutter into the pumpkin.
- You may need to give a final pop to the cut out to remove the shape.
- Find many more creative Pumpkin Carving Ideas for 2013.
- Find printable Pumpkin Carving Templates here.