We have all heard the following phrase a hundred times, "the kitchen is the heart of the home." At Mr. Handyman we agree and want to make sure your kitchen looks its best! If your kitchen is in need of a facelift consider these options:
Tile Flooring at Its Best
Are your floors old and rundown? Or maybe your current flooring is not reflective of your style. It is time to choose a tile that can keep up with your day to day life and also satisfy your design style.
- Slate tiles offer a stylish look and are great at hiding dirt in heavy traffic areas.
- Looking for a more rustic feel? Vinyl tiles give the floor a wood look that is durable and moisture resistant.
- Porcelain tiles are also a popular choice because they are stain resistant and give a high end look.
- If you have a smaller kitchen mosaic tiles may be the right choice for you and are easier to install.
- Travertine is a great natural stone that is ideal for homes located in warmer climates but is also ideal if you are considering adding radiant heating under your flooring.
- Glass tile is a great option to give your home a warm and traditional look.
- Subway tile is a great option that offers a classic touch.
- Sandstone is a great backsplash option that can give a kitchen a rustic touch and is applied just like tile.
- A unique backslash choice is the use of river rocks. Even though this is more commonly used in bathrooms it could be considered a tailored touch to any kitchen.
- Try chalkboard paint. Yes we said chalkboard paint. This is a fun way to give your kitchen a new look plus give you a place to write a grocery list or new recipe.
- Even though there is no set rule the average island should be 4 feet long and approximately 2 feet deep.
- You also want to allow at least 36 inches or space between your new island and the cabinetry and appliances.
- The kitchen island can be a focal point, consider making the island cabinetry different than the rest of the kitchen for a contrasting touch.
Mr. Handyman can maintain your home to save you money over time. One call really does take care of everything on your to-do list. All Mr. Handyman franchises are Fully Insured with General Liability and Workers Compensation. Some services are subject to state and local licensing and may not be available in all locations. Make sure to stay on top of all your household repairs, improvements and maintenance needs and request service in your area.