Your backyard is meant to be a place to relax and entertain. However, most backyards are underutilized. Don't let your fear of renovation costs prevent you from creating a wonderful outdoor oasis. Here are seven inexpensive do it yourself projects that will turn your outdoor space from zero to hero!
- Install an outdoor chandelier. Simply replace the light bulbs in an old chandelier with inexpensive solar lights. No cords or power required - just simply hang it from your favorite tree!
- Hang up some mirrors to make your yard look bigger. This trick is usually used indoors within small spaces, but works just as well outdoors. Give it a shot!
- Build a swing! There are plenty of different swing variations you can choose from. You can use an old chair, a skateboard deck, or a good ol' fashioned tire!
- Build a fire pit! There are many variations of fire pits, some may suit your needs better than others. Some of our favorite options are: Fire pit planter - Recessed fire pit - Gas fire pit - Propane fire pit
- Hang a chalkboard from the fence! This quick and inexpensive backyard addition will be fun for the kids, and will get their creative juices flowing!
- Create a raised garden bed. Make a square out of concrete blocks, fill it with soil or potting mix, throw in a few plants and you got yourself a garden!
- Build a bench out of pallets. This is just as easy as it sounds. Stack and nail down a few pallets in whatever way makes the most sense for your seating arrangements, throw on a couple weather-resistant cushions, and voila!