It's patio season! Here are some patio ideas and tips to make sure you have the best patio in the neighborhood.
Using Light on the Patio
Adding the proper lighting can be a great way to bring your patio to life. Whether you are illuminating a dark space, or adding a soothing ambiance to your favorite seating area, it's important to choose the lighting that's right for you. Here are three options that each serve their own unique purpose!
- Go green with solar lighting or low-voltage, energy-efficient bulbs
- Add a natural feel with torch lighting
- Bring on the festivities with inexpensive and fun street lighting
- Concrete is the most cost effective, and the most popular type of patio flooring material. If you're looking for an affordable option, concrete is the way to go!
- Wood or composite decking is a great way to add a natural feel to your patio. But how do you decide? Wood flooring requires annual maintenance and staining, while composite flooring requires little to no maintenance. However, composite can sometimes look less like wood and more synthetic.
- Stones and pebbles make for a welcoming environment for kids and pets, and are able to withstand all types of weather. This is also the easiest installation option, requiring more muscle than skill!
- Brick is quite possibly the most timeless options when it comes to patio flooring, offering a very eco-friendly way to showcase your beautiful patio. However, brick isn't the easiest to keep clean, often falling victim to salt stains, moss and weeds. If you're willing to put in the time to keep your brick looking clean, you can't go wrong with this option.
- Wicker reclining loungers are perfect for kicking back and enjoying nice weather. They are also lightweight, which makes it easy to re-position when the sun decides to run away!
- Sectional seating is a great option for those who are looking for both a comfortable and intimate setting. These often come with the option of weather resistant fabrics on cushions, which make for easy cleaning and ensures that mold won't be an issue.
- Adirondacks are awesome for a patio with a classic, timeless feel. Even though these are made out of wood, they are contoured in a way that fits your figure perfectly. They are also the most durable out of the three options, and are able to withstand all types of weather conditions! Fun option- Cabanas are a great way to turn your patio into a comfortable lounging area that is ideal for entertaining guests. Whether you're looking for a casual hangout or a private sanctuary, cabanas are a festive addition to any patio.