There are so many DIY project ideas for old doors. From creating an old rustic door headboard to a wooden antique table, and even some new wall art frames for your living room. There are some old door ideas for everyone, even the most novice do-it-yourselfer!
Old door Project Ideas:
- Headboard: With a little paint or stain you can have the look of a brand new headboard. Prefer the distressed look? Use a door with chipped paint or give barn doors a try!
- Kitchen or coffee table: Cutting an old door and piece of glass down to size is the start to a new kitchen/coffee table.
- Picture frame/wall art: Use an old glass-paned door or French door to make a good looking frame for family photos or wall art.
- Kitchen pot holder rack: Give an old screen door a fresh coat of paint and hang in your kitchen for a new pot holder rack.
- Hanging station: In need of a new coat rack? Simply add hooks to an old wooden door.
- Shelving unit made from an old door: An old door, particle board and some paint are some of the items needed to turn an old door into a new shelving unit in your home.
- Seating bench/swing: Put together an old door and large piece of wood and what do you get? A new bench!
- Message center/calendar: An old screen or paned door, hanging baskets and chalkboard paint is a great start to a new family message center.
Need some ideas for old doors? Check out Mr. Handyman's Pinterest board called 'Upcycled doors' to see some our favorite old door projects for inspiration.
Don't forget to call Mr. Handyman for help with your new door installation. And, if your doors are going to be hanging around for a while... Mr. Handyman can help with door repairs. All Mr. Handyman franchises are Fully Insured with General Liability and Workers Compensation. Contact us today to request service in your area!Photo Credit: Gordon Robertson on Flickr