Replacing Your Bathroom Vanity: A Comprehensive Guide
Your bathroom vanity is prone to wear and tear due to daily usage. Here are five signs that your bathroom vanity needs replacement.
A well-functioning bathroom vanity provides you with convenience daily. It is the place you store your toiletries and cosmetics. It also holds the sink. But what happens when this area does not provide you with convenience like before? Your bathroom vanity can become a source of stress when you've used the facility for years without making any necessary changes. The good news? If you are a resident of Palm Beach Gardens, FL, you can always find a reputable company near you to replace your old bathroom vanity with a new one.
5 Signs You Need to Replace Your Bathroom Vanity
Does your bathroom vanity in Palm Beach Gardens, FL need replacement? Here are signs to watch out for:
An outdated design is the first obvious sign that your bathroom vanity needs an upgrade. Do you walk to your bathroom vanity and sulk at what you see? This might mean you have to replace your bathroom vanity.
Patches of Mold
When you notice mold patches in your bathroom vanity, it might be time to replace a few things. Although your bathroom vanity is close to the piping system, it's never a good sign when mold begins to grow there. Mold can cause respiratory issues and allergies and alter the fantastic look you'd want in your bathroom area.
Lack of Enough Storage
Another sign that it is time to replace your bathroom vanity is if there needs to be more storage space. This usually happens when your family is growing, and the bathroom cabinets and counter space cannot accommodate the toiletries, cosmetics, and other bathroom necessities.
Visible Damage and Cracks
You use your bathroom vanity daily, so it is doomed to get worn out over the years. There can also be serious damage caused on the bathroom vanity area leaving burn marks caused by curling irons and stains from cosmetic products, among other visual defects.
Plumbing issues in the bathroom vanity might cause wet floors. In addition, worn-out pipes might cause plumbing issues, and replacing the old pipes is imperative. If this happens, contact a repair company near you in Palm Beach Gardens, FL.
How to Replace Your Bathroom Vanity in Palm Beach Gardens, FL: A Step-By-Step Procedure
Here is a guide on how to replace your bathroom vanity:
- New bathroom vanity
- Sink faucet
- Plumbers putty
- Plumbers tape
- Utility knife
- Hole saw kit
- Stud finder
- Power drill
- Disconnect the Sink: Begin by switching off the water valves to your old sink. Then, open the faucet to dispense any remaining pressure. Beneath the sink in the P-trap. Put a cloth or bucket under it to catch any spills. Open the nut at the top of the P-trap and get it off the sink drainpipe. It may be necessary to pull out the trap completely.
- Disconnect the Water Lines: Now that the P-trap is gone, it is time to break the connection between the water lines and the valves. Use a knife to cut the sealant connecting the sink backsplash to the wall.
- Remove the Vanity and Make Good: Loosen the screws adhering the vanity to the wall and remove it. Then, you can repair the wall surfaces that may have been damaged during the uninstallation process. You’ll need a paintbrush or putty knife for this.
- Take Measurements for the Wall to Accommodate the New Vanity: The next step is marking your vanity's new location. You can use a stud finder for this. If the new vanity has a solid back, measuring the pipe position on the wall and translating the measurements to the back of the vanity will be necessary. Also, ensure you cut the pipe holes with the right size hole saw.
- Bring in the New Vanity: Slide the new vanity into position, lining it up with the marks you had previously made. For easier installation, remove your new vanity doors if need be. Next, check that the vanity is level, and if necessary, use shims for height adjustment. Once you've ensured it is level, drill pilot holes into the studs before attaching it with screws.
- Install the Vanity Top: In case the vanity isn't accompanied by a counter, it is very easy to attach the vanity top to the cabinet using caulk. If you had removed the vanity doors earlier, now is the perfect moment to do so.
- Install the Faucet and Connect the Plumbing: Follow the manufacturer’s instructions ad install the faucet. Remember to put some plumbers putty under the sink drain ring and attach the P-trap to the drain line. Afterward, apply plumber's tape and attach the water valve lines before attaching the faucet connections and turning the water valves back on. Once your faucet is in, test it and inspect the system for any leaks.
Expert Bathroom Vanity Replacement Services in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Your bathroom vanity should be a place of comfort and convenience. When this is not the case, it becomes a hassle even to take a bath. However, at Mr. Handyman, we focus on our customers' needs, which is why we have skilled technicians to upgrade your bathroom vanity. Besides our unrivaled services, our prices are fairly affordable. Our prices are budget-friendly. Are you in Palm Beach Gardens or the surrounding communities and need any repair or maintenance services? Call us to request our services.