As a locally owned and operated business, we are proud to serve our neighbors and local communities with a wide range of handyman services designed to make your residential or commercial property more comfortable, functional, and appealing. We have many happy customers in Annapolis and nearby areas such as Severna Park, College Park, Crofton, and Bowie, because folks in Anne Arundel County and North PG County tend to recommend us to their friends and neighbors once they see our professionalism for themselves.
Our reliable handyman services aren't just for residences. If you're a business owner in Annapolis who needs help with repair and property maintenance tasks, we can help. Our hiring process includes a criminal background check, and our service professionals have proven themselves to be trusted members of our team. You can count on us to show up when we say we will and get the job done right. We'll work with you to make sure you get exactly the services you need when you need them, so you can focus on running your business and pleasing your customers.
Have questions about our services in Annapolis or need some expert advice about a project that's been on your mind? Give us a call to chat with our friendly customer service staff. We'd love the opportunity to let you know what we can do to make your life easier. Or, keep reading to find out about some of our most popular services in Annapolis.
The exterior of your home is its armor, the first line of defense against damage from rough weather, moisture incursion, and even wildlife. Your curb appeal is important, so it's good to give it a boost by keeping your exterior in great shape; but more importantly, you can save a lot of money and stress with preventative maintenance to exterior elements such as your siding, porch, windows, doors, and trim. Damage such as wood rot can travel from these areas into your home, causing worse problems that are time-consuming to repair.
Mr. Handyman's exterior repair and maintenance services include:
- Siding repair
- Soffit & fascia board repair
- Gutter cleaning & gutter repair
- Deck repair
- Deck staining, painting & refinishing
- Fence installation & repair
- Pressure washing
- Installing basketball poles & other sports equipment
- Outdoor lighting fixture installation & repair
- Door repair & installation
- Pet door installation
- Window repair & replacement
- Screen repair
- Window shutter installation
Any wood that is on the exterior of your home, from trim like window and door frames to siding, decks and porches is particularly vulnerable to wood rot. That's because wood rot is a form of decay caused by fungi that eat away at timber, causing it to soften and crumble, and it can only begin to grow in timber that has a moisture content of 20% or higher. The exterior of your house is constantly battered by rain and snow, sometimes with little time to dry out between soakings.
You can protect exterior timber against rot by making sure it is coated in a water-resistant sealant. Watch for peeling paint or wood stain—it's a sign that moisture is getting into the wood and causing it to swell up, which pushes on the paint from underneath and causes it to peel away in strips. If you catch it early on, your handyman can simply strip off the old paint or wood stain, reapply it and cover it with sealant before wood rot has a chance to take hold. Rotten wood can't be restored to its former condition, so the solution to eliminate wood rot is usually replacing the affected timber altogether.
ANNAPOLIS DRYWALL REPAIR
Drywall isn't the most noticeable or exciting material, so you probably don't spend too much time thinking about it. But when a problem arises and you need drywall repair, you can't help but notice the damage no matter how much you try to avoid looking at it. Drywall damage isn't just an unsightly cosmetic issue, though—it can decrease the comfort of your home and cost you big time on your utility bill. Some of the problems that can occur with damaged drywall include:
- Drywall contains additives that make it less flammable, and that can really help to prevent fire from spreading from room to room throughout your house. When it is damaged, however, that fire barrier is compromised and there's nothing stopping the flames from reaching the wooden framing inside the walls.
- Cracked, broken drywall reduces the sound separation between rooms, which means you can hear every bump and whisper from the next room. That can be especially aggravating in a multi-family dwelling such as an apartment building, but it's also a problem if you share a house with someone who keeps odd hours or likes to turn up the TV.
- Those cracks and holes also let warm or cool air from your HVAC system escape inside the walls, so your system has to operate longer and use more energy because it has a lot more air volume to cover than it did before. Your heating and cooling costs are likely already the most expensive energy users in your house so that added operation time can add a significant amount of money to your monthly utility bills.
- Drywall damage can encourage pest infestations by giving rodents and insects easy access points to the inside of your walls. Pests are opportunistic and prefer to take advantage of existing damage to help them move around your house. Once one of them finds a way in, plenty of others won't be far behind.
Mr. Handyman's drywall service technicians will take care of the entire repair process, including removing old drywall, mudding, sanding, and joint taping. We'll paint and refinish the wall so the repair is completely invisible, and we'll clean up after ourselves before we leave. We can even rehang your framed photos and curtains for the finishing touches.
AGING IN PLACE IN ANNAPOLIS, MD
Are you approaching your golden years and planning to age in place in your familiar Annapolis house? Or, maybe you're planning to welcome a loved one with reduced mobility into your home. No one enjoys waiting for others to assist them every time they want to use the bathroom, or even just move from room to room. We can help by installing aging-in-place modifications that will make it easier, safer, and more comfortable to get around and live life independently.
Aging-in-place modifications that may be appropriate for your home include:
- Installing wheelchair ramps & threshold ramps
- Handrail, guardrail & grab bar installation
- Chairlift for stairs installation
- Widening doorways
- Increasing visibility in transit areas such as staircases
- Raising toilet seats
- Putting in barrier-free shower bases & shower benches
- Upgrading door handles, drawer pulls & cabinet handles
- Lowering tables, desks & countertops
- Relocating light switches & electrical outlets
- Assembling assistive furniture such as fixed recliners or adjustable beds
- Upgrading flooring to a smooth surface to reduce the risk of tripping
This list is not exhaustive, so if you have something else in mind just let us know! According to a recent AARP survey, 88% of respondents aged 55 and older said it was extremely important that they have access to services that will allow them to age in place safely and comfortably. If you are looking for ways to make life easier for yourself or a loved one, contact us—we're pleased to offer more information about aging-in-place services that have helped people like you.
Because your floors take up so much visual space in your house, a new flooring installation is a great way to put your own personality and sense of style into your home. There's a huge array of options available in every color, texture, shape, size, and material imaginable, so the choice can feel overwhelming at first. If you're not sure where to start, consider the pros and cons of various materials and ask yourself if appearance is most important, or if you'd prefer something that requires less maintenance.
Our pros have installed flooring in all sorts of spaces, including irregularly shaped rooms and hard-to-reach areas. Types of flooring Mr. Handyman has installed include:
- Tile: ceramic, porcelain, marble, granite, slate, travertine, quarry, mosaic, etc.
- Solid hardwood: maple, oak, cherry, hickory, walnut, etc.
- Engineered hardwood & cork
- Luxury vinyl tile (LVT) or luxury vinyl planks (LVP)
Vinyl planks or tiles are a newer type of flooring installation that is increasingly popular in Maryland. The only real difference between the two is the shape of the pieces—planks are long rectangles, while tiles are usually square. Vinyl tile and vinyl planks are typically made to mimic the look of hardwood or natural stone and can be incredibly convincing, so they don't sacrifice the style and design aesthetic of your home. They are also highly durable, virtually maintenance-free, and come in a huge variety of looks, so you can choose the perfect color and pattern to match your décor. Those qualities make vinyl flooring an ideal choice for both residential and commercial applications.
Regardless of what you end up deciding on for your home, Mr. Handyman can get it installed efficiently and correctly so all you have to do is relax and enjoy your revamped floors.
Mr. Handyman is Your Local, Hometown Handyman in Annapolis!
In need of a professional, full-service handyman company for repairs, maintenance, and improvements around your Annapolis home or commercial business? Trust Mr. Handyman of Anne Arundel and North PG to get the job done right.
Call our friendly customer care staff today to find out why we're considered the best choice for Annapolis Handyman services!