Doors are the entry and exit points to many areas in your home, and they should always work correctly and look their best. However, repairing and installing doors correctly can be a challenge for even the most accomplished do-it-yourselfer, which is why the experience Mr. Handyman offers is so important. Whether you need door services because your door doesn’t work or you’re ready to have a brand-new door installed, our local experts are ready to get it done. We can repair and hang all types of doors.
We Offer Door Installation & Repair Services
Our expertise in repairing an existing door or installing a new one is important because hanging doors perfectly is a complicated task that requires precision and the right tools. Our door services professionals understand how to make doors swing or slide smoothly and quietly, close naturally, and lock and unlock easily. We also know that exterior doors are especially important when protecting your home from the elements. There’s nothing worse than drafts in winter or cool air escaping in the summer. We’re committed to ensuring all your doors are attractive, secure, and energy-efficient.
Why Mr. Handyman for Door Services?
Since 1996, our locally-owned locations have served communities across the country with expert service and hometown customer care. We are one of the largest home improvement contractors in North America and are proud to be a part of the Neighborly team of home services. Our service professionals have an average of 10 years of experience and all our door services are backed by the Neighborly Done Right Promise™.
Signs You Need to Repair or Replace Your Doors
So how do you know if you need a new door installation or door repair service? Here are some signs it may be time to upgrade the doors in your home:
- Your exterior doors don't open and close smoothly. Mr. Handyman can help you determine if a sticking door should be repaired or replaced so you can make a cost-effective decision.
- You feel drafts around an entry door. An easy way to check for air leaks is to hold a lighter close to the edges of the door while it's closed. If the flame flickers, you have a poorly fitting door that may need to be replaced.
- The threshold or a wooden door has moisture or other damage. Door frames, doors, and thresholds on the exterior of your home endure a lot. If the wood in or around an entry door is rotting from an insect infestation or the weather, it’s time for a new door.
- The double-pane glass in an entry door traps moisture between the panes. When insulated window panes fail, you're sacrificing energy efficiency, and risking mold and mildew developing. Replacing double-pane glass can be costly, so a new entry door may be the best option.
- Installing new doors for optimal security and energy efficiency requires a perfect fit and often requires advanced carpentry skills. Professional door repairs involve field experience with fixing wood, fiberglass, composite, and other door materials in both solid and hollow doors. When you partner with Mr. Handyman's door services, you get the skills, experience, and guaranteed results your home deserves.
Painting or varnishing doors is best left to professionals because the surface is tricky, requiring special techniques and applicators. The job is also time-consuming for weekend warriors. If you prefer to reduce the fumes by having the door professionally finished in the basement or outside, it’s great to have an expert who can remove and re-hang the doors when the finish is dry.
Automatic Door Closer Installation
Many families with young children like to have an automatic door closer installed on the basement door to prevent falls. It’s hard to remember to close the door manually with 100% consistency. Automatic door closers can help reduce the worry and potential for accidents. Let Mr. Handyman can give your family peace of mind by installing an automatic door closer in your home.
Add a new pet door to your home with help from Mr. Handyman. Whether you want to add a pet door to your screened-in porch, to a solid wood exterior door, or to a hollow interior door, we can get that done for you. We’re happy to help you plan the perfect doorway for your pet, or you can purchase your own pet door and we’ll install it for you.
Adding a new glass shower door to your bathroom can really enhance the look and feel of your bathroom. You pick out the door, and we'll handle the installation. Start your bathroom makeover by installing a new shower door today!
Keep the bugs where they belong (outside!) with Mr. Handyman’s screen door installation and repair services. Our experts can replace existing doors or help you find the perfect screen door to complement your home. We also replace torn or ripped screens.
If your sliding door doesn’t slide like it used to, Mr. Handyman can help. We repair broken rollers, replace busted tracks, and more. If you’re ready to install a brand-new sliding door – no matter where it is or what material it’s made of – you can count on us.
A patio door shouldn’t impede the flow of traffic in or outside your home. Whether your patio door doesn’t swing like it used to, the latch is broken, or the closing mechanism is busted, our experts can help. We’ll service each and every component of your patio door or install a brand-new one if the old one is past the point of repair.
Barn doors are a great-looking and functional addition to any home. With so many uses, installation options, and types of hardware, selecting one can feel overwhelming. Mr. Handyman is here to help! We answer all your questions regarding barn door selection and hardware and perform expert installation!
Pocket Door Installation & Repair
Pocket doors are perfect for small areas where a swinging door would take up too much space. However, when something goes wrong, it can be difficult to repair pocket doors since the hardware is hidden. For reliable pocket door installation and repair, call Mr. Handyman.
Benefits of Replacing Your Doors
Using a professional door contractor to replace your interior and exterior doors offers many benefits. Here are some of the advantages of professional door installation:
- New exterior doors give your home more curb appeal and provide an opportunity to update the look of your home.
- Modern exterior doors are more energy-efficient than ever, so new doors can save you money when heating and cooling your home.
- New interior doors can dramatically change the look inside your home, especially if you have outdated or mismatched doors.
- Because interior doors can be solid or hollow, you may find investing in solid doors for bedrooms and bathrooms provides more soundproofing and privacy.
There are many reasons to consider new door installation for your home. Whether you choose to update a few doors or give your home a whole new look inside and out, a Mr. Handyman near you is the right solution. Call us or request service online today!