Is your bathroom a serene, perfectly appointed haven of relaxation that you can't wait to visit—or is it more like a dank, unpleasant little space that you have to use and can't wait to get away from? If the latter is closer to reality in your home, it's definitely time to consider investing in a bathroom remodel. Fort Worth homeowners don't have to search endlessly for the right Fort Worth handyman to take care of a bathroom remodel project—simply call the experienced team at Mr. Handyman.
The professionals at Mr. Handyman of Fort Worth have many years of experience with remodeling trades, including tile work, drywall installation, plumbing fixture installation and much more. We are proud to provide the people of Fort Worth with top-quality workmanship that is combined with customer service that always goes above and beyond.
Our Experienced Services for a Bathroom Remodel in Fort Worth, TX
Whether you've been thinking about a few smaller refreshes to your bathroom, such as new tile on the floor and a new vanity installation or you're pretty sure the only way to get your dream bathroom is to tear absolutely everything out and start from square one, there is a lot of specialized work that goes into a bathroom remodel. Fort Worth homeowners sometimes assume they'll have to hire multiple independent contractors with various specializations to get everything done correctly, but the problem is that hiring and managing different contractors who aren't communicating with each other or working together can be almost as much of a headache as just doing the bathroom remodel yourself.
Our team of handyman professionals is the perfect solution to that problem. We are well-versed in a wide range of bathroom remodeling services, and as an established team, we'll work together smoothly to ensure everything is done correctly and in the right order for efficient, effective services with optimal results. The professional installation, repair, and remodeling services we offer that you may need for your bathroom remodel in Fort Worth include:
- Drywall installation and repair
- Installing wall, shower and floor tile
- Grout sealing
- Bathroom flooring installation
- Bath remodeling
- Tub to shower conversion
- Shower enclosure installation
- Sliding or hinged shower door installation (glass shower doors)
- Interior painting
- Trim installation and repair
- Tile repair
- Toilet installation
- Sink installation
- Installing bathroom vanities
- Mirror installation
- Bathroom countertop installation
- Cabinet installation
- Bathroom lighting installation
- bathroom fan installation for ventilation
- Bathroom window repair and installation, including glass block windows
- Installing accessibility features such as grab bars and walk-in tubs
- Installing stylish finishes such as the toilet paper holder, towel rack and window curtains
Your Plan for the Ideal Fort Worth Bathroom Remodeling Project
No two bathroom remodels are exactly the same. One of the best parts about a remodeling project is it gives the homeowner the opportunity to really make that space their own, and there’s a variety of options for how you may choose to approach your bathroom remodel in Fort Worth. If you don’t take the time to plan out the total scope of your project first, you could find yourself doing more than you really wanted to or not going far enough to get the ideal results you were envisioning. When it comes to a bathroom remodel in Fort Worth, there are different levels of complexity, and some types of bathroom remodel may work better for your household than others. Here are four ways to think about the overall scope of your project:
- Switch Out Surface Coverings: Can't stand looking at your hideous wall tile every time you take a bath, or have a vanity that looks like it was (or actually was) installed in 1980? If your fixtures are in pretty good condition and you are content with your current bathroom layout, but your surface materials are damaged, deteriorated or just plain ugly, a smaller refresh may be all you need for your bathroom remodel. Fort Worth homeowners often find that having their local handyman change finishes such as tile, paint, countertops, cabinet doors and other surface materials on walls, floors and showers can make a bathroom feel brand-new again, but for a lower cost than a major transformation.
- Bathtub-Shower Conversion: There are some situations in which focusing your bathroom remodel on one particular area of the room can result in the improved function you want while at the same time also making a surprisingly big difference in the appearance of the room. For example, if you love taking long, hot baths and all you have is a shower booth, you'll benefit from having your handyman convert your shower into a bathtub or possibly a tub-shower combination. But if you really don't like baths and no one else in your household uses the big tub that's hogging all that space in a little room, consider waving goodbye to the bathtub in favor of an extra-large shower with all the amenities.
- Total Bathroom Overhaul: There are some bathrooms that are outdated or deteriorated enough that changing tiles or putting on a new coat of paint isn't going to be anywhere near sufficient to make the room pleasant and appealing. If your bathroom space is currently a write-off without any redeeming features you'd like to keep around, a complete overhaul is the best choice for your bathroom remodel. Fort Worth homes and households can benefit in multiple ways from a total bathroom remodel that includes new plumbing fixtures, new drywall, new or repaired windows, new tile flooring and walls, a new vanity installation and a new shower or bathtub.
Choose Mr. Handyman for an Outstanding Bathroom Remodel in Fort Worth
Are you busy searching for the right company or individual to handle a bathroom remodel? Fort Worth homeowners need look no further than the team of experts at Mr. Handyman of Fort Worth. We have the experience and skill to deliver the perfect bathroom remodel and leave you with a bathroom you can't wait to get home to. During the process, we’ll go above and beyond to meet or exceed your expectations. And we’ll also ensure minimal disruption to your daily routine, so you can continue to focus on what’s important.
Along with Fort Worth bathroom remodeling, we offer a wide range of other handyman services for the interior and exterior of your home or commercial property, including carpentry services, deck repair and installation, kitchen remodeling, door repair and replacement, gutter cleaning and installation, drywall repair and much more.
Frequently Asked Fort Worth Bathroom Remodel Questions
Do I Have to Get a Permit for a Bathroom Remodel in Fort Worth?
That really depends on the scope of your Fort Worth bathroom remodeling project. Like most places, the City of Fort Worth has a set of regulations and requirements that govern residential construction and renovation work. Those rules state that permits are not required for what they term "cosmetic remodels," meaning changes to floor or wall coverings, cabinets, countertops, shelving and so on, as well as plumbing fixture replacements. However, it is necessary to get a permit for changing, moving or, in some cases, repairing walls, floors, ceilings, windows, doors and electrical or mechanical components or relocating plumbing fixtures.
However, that's not something you have to be concerned about when you hire the team at Mr. Handyman for a bathroom remodel in Fort Worth. We have been working in this area for many years, so we're very familiar with which projects do require a permit, and we'll make sure to obtain all the necessary permits before we begin work so you don't have to worry about filling in and filing the paperwork. You can also rest assured that our licensed handyman team will work safely and meet or exceed all municipal and state regulations to ensure long-lasting, fully compliant results for your bathroom remodel.
Does My Bathroom Need a Special Type of Electrical Outlet?
Actually, yes. Because bathrooms have several plumbing fixtures, the entire room is vulnerable to being exposed to water. That means bathrooms should have GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter) outlets that automatically cut off the electrical current to the outlet if they detect an abnormal surge. This is an important safety feature because it prevents electrocution.
Most homes built in the past few decades already come with GFCI outlets installed, but if you have an older home and your electrical system hasn't been updated in quite a while, you may still have regular, non-GFCI outlets in your bathroom. It's easy to tell if you have GFCI outlets because the outlet plate will have buttons labeled TEST and RESET between the plug-ins.
How Can I Make My Bathroom Suitable for Someone With Mobility Issues?
If you are experiencing issues with moving around independently, or you have a loved one with mobility issues, and you want to make your bathroom safer and more convenient for them to use, your bathroom remodel in Fort Worth is the best time to consider adding a few accessibility modifications. Everyone likes their privacy in the bathroom, so accessible bathrooms are important because they give people with disabilities the option to maintain their independence safely and comfortably while completing their bathroom routines. Possible accessibility modifications you may want to consider include:
- Installing Grab Bars: Any person with mobility challenges is typically at risk of injuring themselves when they transition from a standing to a seated position or vice versa, and could also stumble while trying to move around a room. Grab bars are a simple but very helpful modification that can easily be added to any Fort Worth bathroom remodeling project. Even if you're not changing your wall tile, we can take care of grab bar installation without removing your old tile. We'll need to drill a few holes in the existing tile, but those holes will be completely hidden from view once the grab bar is installed and sealed to prevent water damage.
- Choosing a Walk-In Shower Base: Just getting in and out of a shower can be a risky and frustrating challenge for anyone who isn't able to lift their foot high enough to get it over the edge of a typical shower base. During a bathroom remodel in Fort Worth, our experienced team can remove the edge of the shower base and replace it with a walk-in shower floor that has a gentle slope to ensure the water drains properly.
- Installing a Raised Toilet Seat: There's a simple modification that can actually help to make those transitions between standing and sitting a lot easier: a raised toilet seat. By installing a specialized seat that is several inches higher than average, the distance between standing and sitting positions is significantly shorter, and it's easier to avoid falling.
What Colors Should I Use for Fort Worth Bathroom Remodeling?
One of the most common bathroom remodeling mistakes is just picking a fixture here and a tile there without giving due consideration to how the colors will look when they're all paired together. That being said, we can't all be expert interior designers, and it can feel daunting to choose a cohesive color scheme for a bathroom remodel in Fort Worth. There are so many customizable options available and finishes such as tile come in a wide variety of colors, so the entire process can feel overwhelming.
A simple trick to help you come up with the perfect color scheme for a beautiful bathroom space is the 60-30-10 rule. Basically, 60% of the room will be a primary color, 30% will be a complementary secondary color, and 10% will be a contrasting tertiary color.
Although custom designs and colors are possible, custom features should be avoided if the bathroom remodel is meant to increase the property value. So, when you plan to put it up for sale on the real estate market, be extra careful about your choice of color. It's in your best interests to stick with a neutral color scheme that will allow potential buyers to imagine themselves living there. Another popular choice is an all-white bathroom with white walls, white cabinets and a white countertop. Our design team is happy to provide you with more details during a consultation.
Is It Time for a Bathroom Remodel? Fort Worth Can Count On the Experts at Mr. Handyman
You've made the decision—your house is more than ready for a bathroom remodel in Fort Worth. The next step is to pick up the phone and call the reliable remodeling experts at Mr. Handyman of Fort Worth. Give our excellent customer service team a call today to find out more about our services or to schedule a service appointment. Our experienced bathroom remodeling team is ready to help you create a more functional space. At the same time, we want to make sure you’ll get a spa-like experience once the remodel is complete. Contact us today to get started!