Prepare Your Home for Inclement Weather
Is Your Home Ready for the Winter Season?
When it comes to nature, there are certain things that are completely out of your control; however, there are ways that you can prepare for incoming storms and cold seasons. Instead of adding these items to your own to-do list, contact our home improvement professionals! Our technicians are skilled with an average of 10 years’ experience. Our quality of work is consistent, done on time, and our workmanship is guaranteed.
Call (877) 682-6479 if you would like to schedule your next service!
Insulate Your Home for Cold Weather
One of the ways that you can prepare your home for winter is with insulation. Here is how:
- Apply window insulation film
- Use door snakes to stop drafts
- Caulk the inside / outside of your windows
- Use rubber weather sealing
- Purchase heavy curtains
- Ensure your attic is properly insulated
- Insulate exposed pipes to prevent freezes
Other helpful tips that will winterize your home:
- Use an exterior watertight blanket for your water heater
- Inspect your roof, downspouts, and gutters
- Install leaf guards / gutter guards on your home
- Install extensions to your home’s downspouts
- Inspect your furnace and have preventative maintenance performed
Enjoy a Safe Winter Season with Mr. Handyman
At Mr. Handyman, we can walk you through some of the most common, effective steps to keeping your home safe from inclement weather. If you’d like to learn more about how we can help, call (877) 682-6479!