What Kind of Attic Stairs Should I Install?
Most people don’t think about the different types of attic stairs available to them. However, there are several different kinds of attic stairs. Each is suited for certain situations, and when selecting the attic stairs to install for your home, it’s helpful to know the difference between each type. Our friendly handymen will discuss the different kinds and help you make the right choice when they meet with you to plan your installation. Some of the most commonly used attic stairs include:
- Folding Attic Stairs – This is one of the most commonly used types of attic stairs because of its simple mechanism and reliability. Folding attic stairs pull down and unfold in several hinged sections (typically three or four sections).
- Telescoping Attic Stairs – When installing attic stairs in a tight spot, telescoping attic stairs are a useful choice. Instead of unfolding, these stairs slide into place and extend to the floor.
- Scissor-Style Attic Stairs – With chic style and an advanced design, scissor-style stairs unfold in an accordion-like fashion. This gives scissor-style stairs the ability to work perfectly in attics with small or oddly shaped openings.
How to Choose the Right Attic Stairs
When installing new attic stairs, there is a lot to consider. Each attic is slightly different, and you need to make sure that you choose a set of stairs that will work well in your space. At Mr. Handyman of Princeton and Robbinsville, we provide a personal touch. So, we’ll ensure that we are installing a set of stairs that will suit your needs and fit your space. However, there are a few things that you should think about ahead of time, including:
- The shape and size of your attic opening
- The distance from the attic to the floor
- The direction in which you want the stairs to extend
- The amount of weight the stairs will need to support
Why Choose Mr. Handyman of Princeton and Robbinsville
At Mr. Handyman of Princeton and Robbinsville, we have an experienced attic stair and door installation team. You can count on our technicians to be friendly and knowledgeable. When installing attic stairs, we work closely with you to understand your preferences, budget, and schedule. That’s the type of service you get when you work with Princeton and Robbinsville’s favorite handyman team. Some of the other reason homeowners love working with us include:
- We use trustworthy and reliable service technicians with an average of 10 years of experience
- We provide a safe, worry-free experience
- We offer a wide range of home improvement services
- We are fully insured
- We are locally owned
- We clean up all equipment, supplies, and debris when the work is done
- We keep in contact with you through your preferred method via phone, text message, or email
Schedule an Attic Stair Installation Appointment Now!
Let us help you make the most out of the space in your attic. When you work with industry-leading handymen like us, accessing your attic will be easier and safer than ever before. On top of that, we provide unparalleled levels of service. As a locally owned team, we can provide good old-fashioned customer service, explaining every step of the process and making sure all your questions are answered along the way. Customers love that we take the time to communicate with them every step of the way. We even provide a one-year guarantee on all our services. Contact us today to schedule an attic stair installation appointment!
Mr. Handyman of Princeton and Robbinsville proudly serves Belle Mead, Ewing, Blawenburg, Hamilton, Hopewell, Kingston, Lawrence Township, Montgomery, Pennington, Princeton, Princeton Junction, Robbinsville, Rocky Hill, Skillman, Titusville, West Windsor.