Whether you're a homeowner or business owner in Parker—or both—you've got a lot on your plate in your day-to-day life. Between work commitments, family bonding, socializing with friends, and even a little bit of personal time, there's just not much time leftover to handle repair, maintenance, and improvement work such as replacing rotted planks on the deck, patching a hole in the drywall or installing a new tile floor in the kitchen. Not everyone has the tools or expertise to handle more complicated or laborious property maintenance tasks—but a professional handyman does.
You can get efficient, professional service from your local Parker handyman to take care of every last job on your to-do list. The team of service professionals at Mr. Handyman of Colorado Springs, S. Littleton, and Parker are experienced with a wide range of dependable handyman services that help with taking care of your house or commercial property. Our Parker handyman team undergoes an extensive screening process, including an employee background check, and you can trust us to behave courteously and respectfully at all times.
We are a locally owned and operated handyman business in Colorado, and our team takes pride in serving our neighbors and communities in Parker and other parts of Douglas County, such as Castle Rock, with the highest standards of quality workmanship and customer service that goes above and beyond. Our focus is on making your home more comfortable, appealing, and livable for you and your family.
But our handyman services aren't just for residential properties. Business owners can rely on our team of Parker handyman professionals for the same trustworthy, capable service we provide to homeowners. Commercial properties have unique repair, maintenance, and improvement needs that go beyond that of a typical home, though—and our team can take care of commercial projects efficiently and effectively as well.
If you'd like to know more about our Parker handyman services, or you have questions about a repair, maintenance, or improvement task that has been on your mind, give us a call to talk with our friendly customer service representatives and get all your questions answered. Or, check out more detailed information on a few of our most requested services in Parker, CO below.
FLOORING INSTALLATION IN PARKER, CO
Floors are obviously a key part of the overall structure of your house. But they're not just utilitarian—because floors take up such a huge amount of visual space in every room, they can have a big impact on the overall design aesthetic of your property. A new flooring installation by a qualified Parker handyman is a great opportunity to make your mark on your home by infusing it with your personal sense of style.
If you've begun looking around at the options available, you've probably noticed that there's a very wide variety of materials, colors, textures, patterns, and styles out there to choose from. The sheer volume of choices may seem overwhelming at first, but if you consider what you want, need, and expect from your new flooring installation, it'll be a lot easier to narrow it down to the right option for your property and household. Here are a few considerations to keep in mind during the selection process:
- Location and Purpose: Is the floor going to be installed in a high-traffic area that is susceptible to moisture exposure, such as a kitchen, bathroom, or entryway? If so, it makes sense to choose something highly durable and water-resistant, like ceramic tile or luxury vinyl.
- Maintenance Requirements: How much maintenance are you willing to do? For example, natural stone tile such as slate or marble is absolutely beautiful and screams luxury, but it is prone to chipping or staining and needs to be resealed regularly. Ceramic or porcelain tiles aren't as flashy, but they're still attractive, highly durable, and virtually maintenance-free.
- Reducing Allergens: If you or a family member suffer from dust and dander allergies, strike carpet off your list. The fibers grab and hold on to dust and other allergens that can't be so easily removed with basic measures like vacuuming. A smooth, fabric-free surface like tile, hardwood, or vinyl will make it easier for allergy sufferers to breathe freely.
Our team of Parker handyman professionals has plenty of experience with flooring installation in Parker homes and businesses. Types of flooring material we can install include:
- Hardwood: oak, cherry, maple, walnut, hickory, etc.
- Engineered wood
- A luxury vinyl tile (LVT) or luxury vinyl planks (LVP)
- Laminate flooring
- Tile: ceramic, porcelain, quarry, mosaic, etc.
- Stone: slate, granite, marble, travertine, etc.
PARKER DRYWALL REPAIR
Drywall is definitely not the most exciting or fascinating part of your house. It's kind of designed to fade right into the background, so it makes sense that it rarely crosses most people's minds. Drywall damage such as holes, cracks, moisture stains, and scuffs are unattractive, but drywall repair from an experienced Parker handyman may not be your main priority. Many homeowners assume that issues with their drywall are just cosmetic problems that aren't going to have a negative effect on the livability of their house. Unfortunately, that's not the case. Damaged walls and ceilings can seriously impact the energy efficiency, safety, and comfort of your property, whether it's a home or a commercial business.
Here are some of the negative effects of damaged drywall in Parker, CO:
- Holes and cracks in your walls and ceilings make it easier for heat transfer to occur, which is when thermal energy moves from a warmer place to a colder place. Heat transfer changes the temperature inside your house, which means your HVAC system has to operate more frequently and for longer periods of time to keep your home at the temperature on your thermostat. An HVAC system already sucks up a considerable amount of energy, even in the most energy-efficient building, so that extra work results in noticeably higher energy charges on your utility bill.
- Drywall typically contains fire-retardant additives to make it less flammable. It doesn't completely prevent fire from burning through wall and ceiling panels, but it makes it difficult for flames to travel through rooms and can help to keep the fire contained until it can be put out. If the drywall is compromised, its protective qualities are compromised as well, and fire can spread faster and more easily than it would have been able to with intact walls.
- When the drywall is broken, it decreases sound separation between rooms, allowing you to hear even the smallest noise from the next room. That's no fun in a multi-family dwelling such as an apartment building or condo, but it's also annoying if you just happen to live with someone who likes to listen to loud music.
- On a commercial business property, signs of damage such as wallboard issues may result in loss of credibility in the eyes of your customers. Our handyman experts can restore your walls to look smooth and even so your customer can stay focused on your products or services.
Our team in Parker will take care of the whole process from beginning to end. That includes joint taping, mudding, sanding, and refinishing the wall, so the drywall repair is completely invisible. Of course, we will clean up after the job is done and can even rehang your framed pictures and drapes for the final touches.
DOOR INSTALLATION AND REPAIR IN PARKER, CO
Every Parker handyman knows that exterior doors are the first point of contact for visitors to your home or business, so they need to look good to give that all-important first impression a positive spin. But they also need to be in great shape to prevent heat transfer that will end up costing you big time on your monthly utility bill—and they need to be able to withstand abuse from harsh weather, pest infestations, vandalism, and even wildlife attacks.
If your exterior door is in rough shape, it can't provide any of the advantages mentioned above. In fact, it's quite the opposite—a damaged, deteriorated door leaves your house unprotected against everything from serious moisture damage and home intrusion to insect invasions and energy loss. It also lowers your curb appeal and could even hurt property value. There are a number of signs that indicate your property needs door installation or repair from a Parker handyman, including:
- Squeaky hinges
- Loose, wobbly hinges
- Holes or rips in your screen or storm door
- Rotten wood on the jamb, threshold, or door itself
- Cold drafts coming in around the frame or under the door
- Visible light around the edges of the door
- Insect damage in the door
- Door feels lighter
- Difficulty opening or closing your door
- The lock is difficult to operate or misaligned with the jamb
- The window in the door is foggy or misted over because there's condensation trapped between the panes
- Damage from vandalism or forced entry
Spotted some of the signs listed above on your doors? Our expert Parker handyman team will restore your property to safe, energy-efficient, protected, appealing condition with door installation or repair services.
Our Parker door installation and repair services include:
- Storm damage repair
- Threshold repair
- Stopping and preventing water leaks
- Wood rot repair
- Exterior door installation
- Interior door replacement
- Screen door repair
- Lock and latch repair
PARKER PRESSURE WASHING SERVICE
Is your vinyl siding covered in years (or decades) of dirt and grime build-up, algae growth, and gutter stripes? You might be genuinely surprised by the color that can be revealed with a professional pressure washing service. Pressure washing is the most efficient and effective method of cleaning most outdoor surfaces and items. The pressure is what makes it so effective—pressure washers can produce pressures that range from about 750 to 3,500 psi, or pound-force per square inch. That's strong enough to blast away grime, oil stains, loose paint, algae, moss, and other stubborn substances that most cleaning techniques can't remove.
There are many benefits that come with professional pressure washing services from a Parker handyman, including:
- Saves time and labor with efficient, powerful cleaning
- An ideal way to prime surfaces such as a deck for refinishing because it strips off loose paint and flaking wood stain faster than sanding
- Cost-effective way to boost curb appeal and improve property value when you are putting your property on the real estate market
- Prevents damage by removing corrosive bacteria that eats away at surfaces, leaving them susceptible to moisture issues such as wood rot
Wondering what parts of your property could benefit from a good pressure washing? It's effective on hard surfaces and items that can get wet and aren't delicate, such as:
- Vinyl siding
- Decks, porches, and patios
- Driveways and walkways
- Sheds, gazebos, and garages
- Large play and sports equipment
- Parking lots
When You Need Repairs, Maintenance, and Improvements, Count On Your Local Parker Handyman!
Homeowners and business owners of Parker, CO, don't have to worry about who's going to install their tile backsplash, caulk their windows, or take care of dozens of other minor and major jobs around their property. The team of professionals at Mr. Handyman of Colorado Springs, S. Littleton, and Parker can be relied on to provide the best quality of service to every last one of our customers.
Get in touch with us today by calling 719-496-1970 to make a service request for a time that is convenient for you or to speak with our knowledgeable office staff and find out more about our trusted Parker handyman services. We can help with everything from routine repairs to bathroom remodeling.