How to Choose the Right Colorado Handyman Near Me
When you need a Colorado handyman, does searching for a “handyman near me” on Google seem like it gives you random results with no way of knowing which company is the right choice?
At Mr. Handyman of E Boulder, we understand how frustrating it can be to find a contractor who is trustworthy, fairly priced, and will respect you and your home. Whether you want to complete a large-scale home renovation or need help checking off your list of home maintenance to-dos, you need to be able to trust your contractor.
To help you choose the best “handyman near me” for the job—without the hassle of an impersonal search—we put together this guide. Keep reading to discover eight steps to find the right contractor for your Colorado home.
1. Consider the Scale of the Job
Before you hire a handyman, it’s important to have a clear idea of what home repair or improvement tasks you need completed. What will your contractor be hired to do? Some tasks are simpler in nature, such as assembling furniture or replacing light bulbs, and likely don’t require too much investment in the contractor you choose. However, if you need help renovating your bathroom, laying down new flooring, or power washing your siding, it’s important to spend time finding the right handyman for the job. You’ll want to be sure you hire an experienced, qualified contractor who’ll take care to clean up before leaving.
At Mr. Handyman of E Boulder, all of our technicians possess an average of 10 years’ experience in the trades. Additionally, our contractors receive further training as soon as they join our team, so you know you are getting the best service our company has to offer.
2. Do Your Research
Rather than aimlessly searching for a “handyman near me,” it’s important to conduct pointed research that will empower you and inform your decision rather than make you feel lost down a Google search rabbit hole.
Ensuring you make an informed choice for the contractor you hire is especially important if the home repair job you need help with is time-consuming and costly. One way to research contractors while learning valuable information is by looking at websites like HomeAdvisor and the Better Business Bureau. These websites will let you know if a business you’re interested in hiring is accredited; they may also include customer reviews and possible customer complaints.
During your research, there are other signs to look for that indicate a company is professional. For instance, keep your eyes peeled for the following:
- The contractors wear a company uniform
- The technicians arrive in a company vehicle
- The company offers upfront pricing
- The contractors clean before leaving
- The company offers a transparent process
3. Get Good References
Do you know someone you trust who has recently hired a handyman? It’s worth asking them if they could recommend a contractor to you. Not only will you get a first-hand account of the contractor’s pros and cons, but you’ll also get to see the work completed without having to waste time searching for a “handyman near me.”
Another way to check a company's references is through their online reviews. Reviews found on Google My Business are an excellent source of information because these reviews tend to be vast, detailed, and current. We recommend ensuring you hire a contracting company with more than 4.5 stars as their Google My Business rating.
Lastly, the final way you can get references for a contracting company is to give the service you’re interested in a call and ask for references directly. Any handyman service worth their salt should be able to give you references. At Mr. Handyman of E Boulder, you can call our courteous staff anytime at 303-647-0132 and we’d be more than happy to give you our references.
4. Know what Questions to Ask
It can be nerve-wracking to hire a contractor. You’re relying on a stranger to take care of your precious home after all. One way to feel more confident is to conduct an interview with the handyman you’re interested in hiring. Draw up a list of prepared questions so that you ensure you feel informed and empowered after the interview. Some questions you may want to ask include:
- How long has your company been in business?
- Are you licensed?
- Can you provide proof of insurance?
- When would be the tentative timeline?
- How do payments work? Methods of payment?
- Do you have references?
- Will you bring the right tools for my home repair task?
- Will you clean up after you leave?
- Do you offer a warranty on your services?
5. Consider Skills and Experience
Experience matters and it’s very important to hire a handyman who has lots of experience completing a range of home repairs, renovation, and improvement tasks. You need to be able to trust that your technician can get the job done correctly, be able to problem-solve any challenges that arise, and complete work in your home efficiently without compromising on quality.
We advise choosing a handyman who has at least five years of experience; although, a decade of experience is better. At Mr. Handyman of E Boulder, each of our contractors has an average of 10-years’ experience working in the trades. Our technicians also receive further training when they join our team. Since we put our customers first, it’s our goal to ensure you get the best service possible.
6. Ask for Proof of Insurance
Do not hire any contractors who can’t show you their insurance. It’s not worth the risk! Hiring a handyman with insurance is a good sign that you are hiring someone trustworthy because you don’t want to be held accountable in the event something goes wrong.
At Mr. Handyman of E Boulder, each of our contractors is properly certified and insured. Not only do we think having the correct documentation is a step toward earning your trust, but it also protects our team and you.
7. Discuss Pricing
Don’t be afraid to ask about pricing when you’re hiring a “handyman near me.” It’s important to ask questions beyond inquiring about the estimate so that you have a grip on how the entire pricing process works. For example, some handyman service companies might give you a fair-sounding estimate only to present a bill that was much higher than you budgeted for initially. Hidden fees and additional costs that you weren’t told about could negatively impact your wallet and ruin your trust in the contractor you hired.
At Mr. Handyman of E Boulder, we don’t hide behind hidden fees and surprise costs. We offer upfront pricing and charge a flat rate so you always know what to expect from our company. When we arrive at your home, we analyze the work required and let you know how much we expect the cost to repair and the time required for the job. That agreed-upon price is what we stick to. With our professional team, the bill you expect is the bill you get.
8. Leave a Review
While this step is not part of the contractor hiring process, it will help the next person searching for a “handyman near me” to make their decision. When leaving a review, we suggest including the following:
- Details about the work you had done
- Your overall experience
- Whether or not you would hire said repairmen again
Why Choose Mr. Handyman of E Boulder?
Mr. Handyman is a national franchise with strong ethics and service standards that we’ve carried with us through 20 years of being in business. We are committed to serving homeowners throughout the United States with integrity, honesty, transparency, and reliable service. We keep our excellent standards the same through each of our locations. Since we’re also locally owned, this means that each locations’ unique owner truly cares about their community.
The owner of our E Boulder location, Dean Hazlewood, has poured his passion into serving the Colorado community through this handyman business. That passion includes ensuring that each of our contractors is highly trained, courteous, and goes above and beyond for our community. When you hire the team at Mr. Handyman of E Boulder, you can have peace of mind knowing that we will do our best to create an excellent experience for you and your family while consistently delivering quality work.
Our contractors are industry experts. However, what also sets us apart from our competitors is our values. Since the original Mr. Handyman was founded more than 20 years ago, our company has remained committed to those initial core values. When you welcome one of our handyman experts into your home, we promise we will always:
- Put your needs first. At Mr. Handyman of E Boulder, we always prioritize our customers. We are dedicated to creating an enjoyable experience—from your initial phone call to the final job clean-up.
- Treat you and your home with respect. We understand the gravity of welcoming one of our contractors into your home and will treat your space like it’s our own.
- Maintain your home’s cleanliness. Having to deal with a big mess after your contractor finishes a job is very frustrating. When you hire Mr. Handyman of E Boulder, we will never leave you with a giant mess to clean. Rather, we’ll clean up to leave your home as tidy as we found it.
- Be friendly and courteous. Our contractors provide friendly and approachable customer service—we are truly happy to help with your home repair and maintenance needs.
- Earn your trust. The team at Mr. Handyman of E Boulder not only understands the importance of our first job with you, but also the importance of each job after that. We consistently go the distance to earn your trust each time we work for you.
- Act with integrity. From our transparent pricing to our outstanding customer service, each part of the Mr. Handyman of E Boulder experience is grounded in honesty and reliability.
- Maintain a fun work environment. Home maintenance and repairs don’t need to be stressful! Our positive and professional technicians bring that positivity and professionalism into your home while working on any job.
- Expertly solve home repair problems. We are industry leaders when it comes to completing home maintenance, installation, and repair tasks. From repairing cracked tile to completing kitchen renovations, our handyman experts have the skills to tackle any problem.
Some companies you find in a quick “handyman near me” Google search only care about getting the job done. This is not the case with Mr. Handyman of E Boulder. Our experts take pride in their work and in consistently delivering outstanding customer service.
A few of the ways we go above and beyond for our clients include:
- Sending uniformed professionals. Our technicians are among the best in our industry, and our uniform is like wearing a badge of honor to signify this excellence.
- Wearing shoe covers. Each of our contractors wears shoe covers to keep your home clean and tidy and to protect your floors. The last thing our professional team would want to do is track dirt and grime from outdoors or damage your home.
- Keeping our work area clean. A clean work area is a sign of a professional handyman. Each of our contractors takes care to keep their work areas clean. Upon finishing a job, we will leave your home as clean as we found it.
Handyman Near Me
Are you ready to stop aimlessly searching for a “handyman near me” and risk ending up with a company that doesn’t put your needs first? At Mr. Handyman of E Boulder, our experienced, qualified, and professional handyman experts consistently provide the best in customer service. When you hire the team at Mr. Handyman of E Boulder, you can have peace of mind knowing that your home maintenance, improvement, and repair needs are in the best hands.We invite you to give us a call today at 303-647-9132 or request a service online to get started. The team at Mr. Handyman of E Boulder is looking forward to completing your home maintenance and repair tasks right away.