About Our Expert Collinsville Bathroom Remodel Services
Whether you just want to change a couple of smaller things that are making your bathroom feel less than perfect or you're pretty sure the only way to get the results you need is to tear everything out and start fresh, there are a lot of steps and specializations that go into a bathroom remodel. Collinsville, IL homeowners sometimes put off getting a bathroom remodeling service because they're concerned that it will be too much hassle to hire and manage independent contractors with various specializations like tile, cabinets or plumbing. Fortunately, that's not necessary when you've got a convenient, one-call solution available to get in touch with an entire team of multi-skilled home improvement professionals.
Our Collinsville handyman professionals don't just have the skill and experience to carry out every step of your bathroom remodel. Collinsville, IL residents can count on us to communicate clearly, both with each other and with the homeowner, to ensure that the work proceeds on time, efficiently and without a hitch. The services you need for your particular project will, of course, depend on your unique bathroom remodel plan, and you can trust us to provide a wide range of reliable handyman services in order to get the entire job done right. That includes services such as:
- Wall tile and tile flooring installation
- Tub to shower conversion
- Trim installation or repair
- Drywall repair, installation and refinishing
- Installing bathroom sink faucets
- Shower head installation
- Installing sliding or hinged shower doors
- Cabinet installation
- Vanity installation
- Mirror installation
- Installing bathroom countertops
- Bathroom fan and light fixture installation
- Smart plumbing fixtures
- Finding the right storage solutions
- Finishing touches like towel racks and adding decorative items
YOUR PLAN FOR THE PERFECT BATHROOM REMODEL | COLLINSVILLE, IL
When they decide to get started on a bathroom remodel, Collinsville, IL homeowners often discover that the planning phase is the most challenging part. The first step to getting your perfect bathroom remodel is to decide on the overall scope of the project. There's a wide variety of options that range from a few minor tweaks to changing absolutely everything.
- Alter Surface Materials: If surface materials such as tile are outdated, ugly, damaged or dingy, but you like the floor plan of your bathroom and your fixtures are in good condition, there's no need to needlessly spend money and time on changing what isn't broken. You could get the bathroom refresh you want by simply having your Collinsville handyman swap out those old, outdated surface materials for new, stylish finishes during your bathroom remodel. Collinsville, IL homeowners who get paint, countertops, tile and other surface coverings on walls, cabinets, floors and inside the shower switched out often tell us that it feels like an entirely different (and very much improved) space, but for a lower Collinsville bathroom remodel cost.
- Bathtub-Shower Conversion: If you're looking for ways to keep your budget under control but make a big difference in function and appearance, focusing on one particular part of the room may be the right solution. For example, if you only have a shower stall, and you really need a tub for bathing small children or just relaxing in a hot bath, it makes perfect sense to consider having your handyman swap the shower stall for a tub-shower combination. Or, maybe you really don't enjoy baths and never use the tub that's taking up a huge amount of space in a small room. In that case, wave goodbye to the bathtub and have your handyman install a new, extra-large shower that will brighten up the room and make better use of the space. During the process, we’ll also take care of new floor tiles.
- Complete Overhaul: There are some bathroom projects that need more than just a little change here and there. Sometimes absolutely everything is wrong, ugly, outdated, broken, or malfunctioning, and if that's the case, the best option is to remove everything and choose a complete overhaul for your bathroom remodel. Collinsville, IL households could benefit in multiple ways, such as improved appeal, function and energy efficiency, from a total remodel to the bathroom that includes new fixtures, drywall, tile and lighting.
- Layout Changes: Homeowners typically choose to keep the basic floor plan of their room as-is, which makes a lot of sense. The fact is, most bathrooms stick to one of a few basic layout patterns that are meant to maximize space in a small room with a lot of large fixtures and built-in features like cabinets. For example, if your room is a narrow rectangle, it is probably arranged with a shower-tub combo at the back, then the toilet, and the sink closest to the door—and there aren't many ways to switch it up and still have enough space to move around. Another important factor to consider is that moving a fixture to a new location is going to be far more expensive than putting a new item in the same location because it's necessary to move the plumbing hookups. But if your current floor plan just doesn't work well for your household, a Collinsville bathroom remodel is the ideal opportunity to change it up and get a bathroom layout that makes sense for you and your family.
Choose Mr. Handyman for Your Bathroom Remodel, Collinsville IL
From minor alterations to larger projects like a full bathroom remodel, Collinsville, IL residents don't have to look far to find outstanding service combined with experienced, efficient workmanship. When you call the experts at Mr. Handyman of Metro East, you can rest assured you'll get the best service available from skilled, friendly handyman professionals. We will arrive on time for your appointment, thoroughly investigate the project and give you our experienced recommendations on how to proceed, so you’re able to make an informed decision about what you want to do with your residential or commercial property.
Our Collinsville handyman team doesn't just limit themselves to a bathroom remodelling project. Mr. Handyman also offers numerous other improvement services, including kitchen remodeling, flooring repair, drywall installation and much more.
Get in touch with us today to find out more about our handyman services or to schedule a convenient appointment for consultation.
Frequently Asked Collinsville Bathroom Remodel Questions
DO I NEED A PERMIT FOR A BATHROOM REMODEL IN COLLINSVILLE, IL?
When local homeowners want or need a bathroom remodel, Collinsville, IL will likely require a residential "R" permit, which is necessary for both total bathroom rehabs and any project that involves plumbing, drywall or electric. If you're not sure how to go about pulling the correct permit, or aren't totally sure which type of permit you need, don't worry—our team has many years of knowledge and experience with remodeling in Collinsville and nearby parts of Illinois, so we know exactly which permits are required and how to fill out all the necessary paperwork. We'll take care of that side of things, and you can rest assured all our work will meet or exceed municipal and state building codes because we value a safe workplace and long-lasting, high-quality results.
WILL A BATHROOM REMODEL IN COLLINSVILLE, IL INCREASE MY PROPERTY VALUE?
Are you pondering putting your Collinsville property up for sale on the real estate market? If so, it's well worth considering a bathroom remodel. Collinsville, IL homeowners can expect to get a decent return on investment (ROI), as the average ROI is typically around 60%. But it's not only about recovering costs in the selling price—a Collinsville bathroom remodel could really help you avoid having your property sit on the market for months without any interested buyers.
Most people who are looking to potentially buy a house have a newly remodeled bathroom and kitchen at the top of their priority list, because they don't want the hassle of dealing with remodeling when they've just moved in. Even just a basic refresh could go a long way towards reassuring prospective home buyers that the house is move-in ready and perfectly suited to their unique lifestyles.
If resale value is a key reason why you're choosing a bathroom remodel, Collinsville, IL real estate professionals will generally advise you to stick with a simple, classic design so potential buyers aren't turned off by a look that doesn't suit their interior design aesthetic. White walls and beige, white or gray tile and fixtures are the best place to start. That may feel too boring for your personal style, but it's easy to brighten it up with artwork and textiles that you could easily tuck away when you're ready to put your property up for sale.
WHAT CAN BATHROOM REMODELERS DO TO MAKE MY BATHROOM SPACE MORE ACCESSIBLE?
You may not need accommodations for people with reduced mobility issues right now, but while planning a bathroom remodel, Collinsville, IL households could really benefit from giving some thought to the amenities that they may need a couple of years down the road. Most people want their privacy while using the bathroom, and of course that includes people with disabilities. Whether you are experiencing difficulty getting around or plan to welcome a loved one with disabilities into your home, it's critically important to have the right bathroom accessibility modifications in place to ensure that they can use the bathroom independently and safely following your bathroom remodel. Collinsville, IL residents can rely on their local, qualified handyman for modifications such as:
- Walk-In Tub or Shower: While this doesn't occur to most typically-abled people, getting in and out of the shower or bathtub can be a major challenge—or downright impossible—for anyone who isn’t able to lift their feet up off the floor high enough to clear the edge of a shower base. We can install a barrier-free shower floor that has a gently sloping floor to keep water moving toward the drain opening, or a walk-in tub with a "door" or gate that swings open to allow access and can be used in a seated position.
- Raised Toilet Seat: A raised toilet seat is simple to install and makes using the toilet a lot more comfortable and safe because it reduces the distance between a standing and seated position and therefore reduces the risk of crashing down onto the seat or being unable to get back up independently.
- Grab Bar Installation: Grab bars are a simple but very important modification that are helpful for anyone who doesn't feel completely steady while standing or getting up from a sitting position. They should be located in the shower, next to and across from the toilet, and anywhere else you need extra support to steady yourself.
Is It Time for a Bathroom Remodel, Collinsville IL? Count On Your Local Handyman Experts!
Are you interested in a bathroom remodel in Collinsville or surrounding areas, such as Swansea, Belleville, or Troy? Stop your search at Mr. Handyman of Metro East for reliable customer service and excellent workmanship.
Our friendly customer service staff can be reached to schedule a consultation with our remodelling team, or to find out more about all the ways we can transform your residential or commercial property.