Your Expert Handyman in Fairview Heights, IL
As a popular suburb of St. Louis, Fairview Heights is ranked as one of the best places to live in St. Clair County. The sparse suburban feel and nearby amenities and parks have attracted many young professionals and families to settle in a beautiful home here. That said, the majority already owns their property and work hard at maintaining it, along with other responsibilities that may be best left to a qualified handyman. Fairview Heights, IL properties need seasonal maintenance, and minor home repairs are essential in keeping your property in shape whether you’re a new homeowner or have owned your place for quite some time.
It’s not always easy to check out every single corner of your property’s interior and exterior, but having a seasonal checklist will definitely help you stay on top of the most important tasks. If you are strict with your spring cleaning routine, you will likely have a to-do list for any indoor jobs that include wall scrubbing, decluttering and small paint jobs. When done, the last thing you want is to think about the outside as well.
Depending on your outdoor living space, you might not think you have all too much to worry about until you see a leaky rain gutter section or splintered wood on your deck. If you’re not a specialist in damage detection and worry about your outdoor material, you can rely on your local Fairview Heights handyman from Mr. Handyman of Metro East for a trusted diagnosis.
As a locally owned and operated business, we are here to provide you with excellent workmanship and dedicated customer care. We only hire service providers who have passed their background checks and drug screens, bringing many years of experience in home maintenance, repair and improvement services. Our team is proud to be your one-call solution for common handyman services that include a wide range of jobs, from floor installation to drywall repair to siding replacement. You can expect our uniformed team to arrive on time in a clearly marked van, ready to get the job done.
Fairview Heights Handyman Services for Residential Properties
We believe that every household will benefit from a knowledgeable handyman. Fairview Heights properties endure a lot of precipitation and other external elements that can negatively impact the exterior drainage system, appearance and much more. Feel free to contact your Fairview Heights handyman for that seasonal checklist and even ask our office to send you annual maintenance reminders so you won’t miss your gutter cleaning, siding inspection or sealing service. The ultimate purpose of routine maintenance is to take preventative measures like identifying early signs of wear and tear before they spiral out of control and lead to more costly damages. Booking Fairview Heights handyman maintenance services will ensure your materials are protected from early surface damage and will continue to serve you for longer.
You might like to think that your house is indestructible, but unfortunately, that’s not the case—even with high-quality siding materials. Although your siding is known as your house’s exterior armor, it requires annual maintenance and inspection. Newer houses will likely experience home settling within the first few years during which soil shifting takes place underneath, causing the foundation to settle. Soil shifting will likely bring along some minor flaws or cosmetic issues like hairline cracks on your interior walls. In more severe cases, you could experience larger cracks on both drywall and siding. Large vertical cracks will require a detailed diagnosis from a certified foundation specialist.
Typical siding types include:
- Fiber cement
- Brick veneer
Pro Tip: Vinyl is by far the most common siding type because it’s cost-effective, easy to install and low-maintenance. Unlike other parts of the country, Illinois doesn’t get extreme heat, which reduces the danger of warping. While pressure and power washing siding is a common service, your Fairview Heights handyman doesn’t recommend pressure washing vinyl siding as the material could break. Instead, we’d recommend using a soft washing system with a psi lower than 500.
Siding Maintenance You Can Expect From Your Fairview Heights Handyman:
- Pressure washing or soft washing
- Identifying premature deterioration
- Gap filling with caulk
- Flashing, building paper and sheathing inspection
- Patching jobs
- New coating for metal siding
- Resealing and staining wood siding
Your siding is exposed to harsh weather conditions throughout the year, from rain to hail to snow. The north side might show signs of mildew or mold growth and could pose a health risk, if someone in your household suffers from allergies. If you believe your siding lacks the necessary maintenance, contact your local handyman. Fairview Heights homeowners deserve a clean, sanitary outdoor space.
There are many factors to consider when choosing your ideal flooring system. You must consider the number of people in your household, high-traffic areas and whether a subfloor is required because that’s not always the case. Before you get too overwhelmed by the paradox of choice, you can count on your Fairview Heights handyman to help you make the right decision by weighing the pros and cons and addressing your needs. Understanding each floor type’s characteristics is also essential in terms of which area you plan to renovate. Some of the common dilemmas you may encounter are:
- Solid wood vs. engineered hardwood
- Standard vinyl vs. laminate
- Luxury vinyl plank vs. luxury vinyl tile
- Natural stone vs. granite
- Ceramic tile vs. porcelain tile
Expert Preparations to Expect from Your Fairview Heights Handyman:
- Subfloor inspection (existing concrete or plywood)
- Measurements and seam placement
- Area inspection
- Removing baseboards and shoe moldings
- Determining a safe outdoor area for cutting
You likely care for functionality and aesthetic appeal, unless someone in your household is flat-footed and walks like an elephant—then you want something more durable and soundproof. Choosing the right flooring matters, whether your priority is safety or cost-effectiveness. When you need help making the right flooring choice for your home or business, and need to ensure it’s installed correctly, we’re ready to meet your needs as your local handyman. Fairview Heights homeowners will get expert opinion and advice for a successful installation service.
Need More Reliable Home Maintenance?
We are ready to meet all your needs for maintenance from a capable handyman in Fairview Heights! Our expert service professionals always approach any assigned task with a positive attitude. You can trust our wide range of repair services and other types of handiwork.
- Fence Installation/Maintenance: Do you need to mark your property and protect your kids and pets from trespassers? We install many fence types—from pressure-treated wood to vinyl to aluminum. Whether you need a new fence or a routine checkup like pressure washing and staining, book an appointment with your local Fairview Heights handyman in advance.
- Door Installation/Maintenance: Besides from keeping intruders and pests out, our doors back our home’s insulation system with the support of healthy frames. Wooden doors require more periodic painting to prevent moisture damage and splintering, whereas metal-based doors need frequent coating to prevent rust. If it’s time to upgrade to a more energy-efficient door, your Fairview Heights handyman will help you through a hassle-free installation process.
- Ceiling Fan Installation: Like for a little bit of retro? A ceiling fan actually supports your HVAC system by helping to circulate warm and cool air throughout your home. It can help you save up to 15 percent on your energy bill.
- Dryer Vent Cleaning: If you regularly empty your lint trap, you’re on the safe side—even more so, if you remember to clean your dryer vent and hose every year. Dryer vent fires happen every year due to excess lint buildup in the ducts and overworking heat exchangers.
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors: It’s important to have a carbon monoxide detector on every story of your home. If you suspect that you may need a new carbon monoxide detector installed, or an old one replaced, be sure to ask your handyman. Fairview Heights homes will be safer with proper carbon monoxide detector installation.
Repair Services from a Fairview Heights Handyman
No matter what kind of property you own, there will always be a specific area that could do with some handiwork. If you’re picky, a small nail hole in your baseboard might throw you off guard, but more serious issues include bubbling paint in your drywall or cracked grout lines in your shower. Certain kinds of damage might not strike you as alarming, but are plainly an eyesore. The sooner you take action by hiring a Fairview Heights handyman, the sooner you will get a reliable diagnosis with efficient repair options.
The last thing you want to see during snowmelt are leaking rain gutter sections that indicate loose joints due to a clog. Or perhaps that area had created an ice dam during the winter months and is now causing the final damage. Gutters are also known as “eavestroughs,” which are the horizontal U-shaped metal traps attached to fascia boards on the edge of your roofline. Whether you have sectional or seamless gutters, they require annual cleaning from an experienced handyman. Fairview Heights gets over 40 inches of rain on average, which makes it crucial to book your gutter cleaning service in the early spring to ensure your system’s in shape to resist heavy rainfall and will efficiently protect your roof and foundation. Similarly in the fall when trees are hastily shedding leaves, you don’t want them to decompose in your gutters and create clogs over the winter.
Signs You Need Gutter Repair:
- It’s leaking due to cracks, holes or rusty fasteners
- Peeling paint: The protective coating is wearing out or your system has inadequate paint adhesion
- Ice dams: Although ice is less dense than water, it's another story if excess water forms icicles that add extra weight.
- Warped and saggy: This can happen if you have vinyl gutters which are not as durable as its metal counterparts. A sag could easily break the joints and pull the gutters away from the roofline.
- Siding damage: When you see water lines on your siding, you likely have damaged soffits caused by a clogged gutter.
- Mold in attic: High moisture content in your attic could indicate clogged soffit vents or exterior damage caused by clogged gutters.
Pro Tip: Besides scheduling your annual gutter cleaning that includes a thorough inspection service, feel free to ask your Fairview Heights handyman for other preventative measures like installing gutter guards!
An excellent deck can be a blessing, while a deck in a state of disrepair can be a curse. Because they’re outside, it’s not always easy to keep decks and all their minor components in great condition. Luckily, you don’t have to worry about deck maintenance when you live in Fairview Heights, because you can rely on Mr. Handyman of Metro East to get those jobs done for you.
There are a lot of different reasons why you might need a handyman from our team to provide services for your deck, porch or even patio, and our talented exterior home service technicians are ready to provide all the services you need. Whether your deck just needs a few boards replaced or you need major repairs for a problem with your joists, you can rest easy knowing that we’ll get the job done right.
Common Deck Repairs in Fairview Heights Include:
- Replacing damaged boards, posts and planks
- Deck sanding, painting and sealing
- Fixing wood rot
- Fixing unsafe deck stairs
- Fixing wobbly railings
- Replacing old screws and other fasteners
Falling Behind with Your Home Maintenance and Repairs in Fairview Heights? Trust Your Local Pros at Mr. Handyman!
Before you search for a “handyman near me,” take a look at our local reviews. You can rest assured that we have you covered! Mr. Handyman of Metro East is a locally-owned and operated business that has been serving Fairview Heights residents for many years, including surrounding communities like O’Fallon, Belleville and Shiloh.
We offer many preventative solutions for residential and commercial property owners. When you need a reliable handyman service, count on us to enhance the safety and comfort of your property, with everything from reliable indoor repairs to remodeling services for home improvements such as bathroom remodeling or kitchen remodeling.
Give us a call at 618-319-7256 to speak with our friendly customer service reps today to see what we can do for your home or business or send in a service request online.