Your bathroom is the first place you go in the morning and the last place you visit before bed. When you step into the room, you want it to be a bright, appealing, functional space that is going to help you start and end your day the right way—not a dark, dingy little closet full of deteriorated finishes and fixtures that only half work. If the latter is closer to the truth in your house, it's time to call a Raleigh handyman as you're due (or way past due) for a bathroom remodel in Raleigh, NC.
If you've got a vision in mind for how you'd like your bathroom remodeling project to look in the end, call the remodeling experts at Mr. Handyman of NE Raleigh to Clayton Area, and we'll turn it into reality. Your dream bathroom is closer than you think with the help of our reliable handyman services. Our team has years of experience in remodeling trades, so we can get your bathroom looking and functioning at its best.
How Our Experts Handle a Bathroom Remodel in Raleigh, NC
Compared to a relatively minor home improvement project like replacing a couple of rotting deck boards or fixing a broken door knob on an interior door, a bathroom remodeling project can feel like an overwhelming challenge. The fact that it requires multiple smaller specializations such as bathroom cabinetry installation, tile installation, plumbing fixture repair or replacement and more means homeowners are often concerned that they won't be able to hire a single individual who can take care of all those tasks to the highest standards of quality. That means you could be forced to make everything ten times more complicated by finding and managing a bunch of contractors for various parts of your bathroom remodel in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Fortunately, that's not something that homeowners in Raleigh and nearby areas need to worry about because they have a convenient, one-call solution available to reach an entire team of remodeling experts. The crew at Mr. Handyman of NE Raleigh to Clayton Area has the skill, experience and training to handle your Raleigh bathroom remodel from beginning to end.
Our bathroom remodeling services include:
- Bath-to-shower conversion
- Walk-in shower installation
- Drywall replacement or repair
- Wallpaper or paint application
- Installing wall and floor tiles
- Installing new countertops and backsplashes
- Repairing or installing interior trim
- Toilet replacement or repair
- Faucet or sink repair or replacement
- Shower head installation
- Bathtub installation
- Installing sliding or hinged shower enclosures
- Bathroom cabinet refacing, installation or replacement
- Single or double vanity installation
- Ceiling fan installation
- Bathroom mirror installation
- Installing items such as medicine cabinets and towel racks
- Installing light fixtures
- Installing accessibility modifications such as grab bars
Feel free to reach out to us to inquire about any other details we might have missed above or make notes to share with us during the initial consultation. We look forward to getting started on creating a functional bathroom for you that’s also aesthetically pleasing!
Planning the Scope of Your Bathroom Remodeling Project
The biggest reasons homeowners want a remodel are to increase storage space and to transform a current space into something more inviting. Often, the most difficult part of the whole bathroom improvement process is figuring out where to get started on a plan that will get you the results you're envisioning in your head. One of the most common bathroom remodeling mistakes people tend to make is not clarifying the overall scope of the project in their own mind before they move on to other parts of the plan, like budgeting and material selection. By clearly defining the scope of the project as your first step, the rest of the planning phase will go a lot more smoothly, and you'll be more than pleased with the final reveal of your finished bathroom remodel in Raleigh, NC.
Here are a few options to consider for your bathroom remodeling plan.
- Change Surfaces Only: If you like the way your current bathroom is configured and your plumbing fixtures are in good shape, but the room looks tired and outdated with surface materials such as wallpaper that was installed in 1985 or a tiled countertop featuring dingy, dirty grout that doesn't get clean no matter how hard you scrub, something needs to be done. Maybe you can't stand to take one more shower in your old, deteriorated bathroom with cracked tile and yellowed linoleum—and when that happens, swapping out bathroom surface materials is the best way to handle a contemporary bathroom remodel in Raleigh, NC. Having your handyman put in new tile, paint or wallpaper, countertops, and other types of surface coverings on cabinets, floors, walls and inside the shower can make it feel like a fresh, modern room at a cost that's kind to your household budget.
- Convert Bathing Options: Are you looking for a budget-friendly way to make a big change to the appearance and function of your bathroom? You may be able to get the results you're looking for by focusing on one specific part of the room—the bathing area. For example, you may be one of those people who strongly prefer to take showers instead of baths, and if you have a big bathtub taking up lots of space in a small room, get rid of it and have your handyman replace it with a large, enclosed shower booth will give you more space and improve your daily bathing routine. On the other hand, if you only have a shower booth, and you're finding it difficult to bathe small children or pets without a tub, or you just really miss being able to take a long, hot bath, it makes sense to convert your shower into a bathtub or bath-shower combination.
- Total Transformation: Some bathrooms just need a few small changes here and there to look appealing and function perfectly. If that's not the case with your bathroom, it may be time to consider a complete transformation for your bathroom remodel in Raleigh, NC. That essentially involves removing everything from the entire bathroom, including plumbing fixtures, cabinetry, countertops, lighting, decorative elements and possibly even drywall, so you can start from scratch and design your dream bathroom remodeling project. It may feel like a big challenge at first, especially the planning phase, but a totally new room can have some huge advantages. It gives you the chance to make your own mark on your house in a more permanent way and can also increase property value when it's time to sell.
Choose Mr. Handyman for an Expert Raleigh Bathroom Remodel
If you're looking for the right Raleigh handyman to take care of complete bathroom remodel services with top-quality craftsmanship and genuine customer service, you've come to the right place! The team at Mr. Handyman of NE Raleigh to Clayton Area is dedicated to delivering all of that and more on every single job, and our commitment to customer satisfaction means we'll always go above and beyond to make sure you're happy with the results of our work.
Along with bathroom remodeling, Raleigh homeowners can count on us for a wide range of other handyman services, such as deck and patio repair, caulking, door installation and repair, kitchen remodel projects, tile installation and repair and much more. Our trustworthy team members are screened with an employee background check program so you can have assurance that they'll display courteous, professional behavior at all times. We care about client satisfaction and will always go above and beyond to exceed your expectations.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bathroom Remodeling in Raleigh, NC
Should I Change My Bathroom Layout During a Bathroom Remodel in Raleigh, NC?
Typically, when looking at bathroom remodeling options, property owners choose not to alter their existing bathroom floor plan. There are some pretty good reasons to keep the layout as it already is. The truth is most bathrooms adhere to a small handful of standard floor plans designed to maximize floor space in a small room. For example, a long, rectangular shaped room with the door at one end will almost always have the sink by the door, then the toilet in the middle, and the bathtub and/or shower at the very back of the room furthest from the door because there's just not many other ways to get all those fixtures in and still have room to move around freely. When considering your approach to bathroom renovation, it's also important to understand that moving a plumbing fixture, such as a toilet, to a new location is considerably more expensive than putting a new one in the same place because the water and drainage hookups need to be relocated as well and that adds a lot of time and money to the project.
What's the Best Tile for a Raleigh Bathroom Remodel?
There's quite a wide variety of options available for tile, so it can make choosing the perfect tile for your particular bathroom floor and walls feel like a challenge. Porcelain or ceramic tiles are by far the most popular choices for a bathroom remodel in Raleigh, NC. Local property owners favor them because they're so long-lasting, water-resistant and durable, which means they reduce the need for extensive maintenance and services such as tile repair. Ceramic tile and porcelain tile also come in a huge range of colors, styles, textures, sizes and shapes. There are tons of options that mimic the look of natural stone, but they don't have the fragility and hefty maintenance requirements and delicate nature of stone tiles such as marble or slate. Keep in mind that glass tiles are too delicate to be installed on floors, but they add depth and visual interest when used as part of a backsplash installation on the wall.
Can I Increase Property Value With a Bathroom Remodel in Raleigh, NC?
Are you thinking about putting your house up for sale on the local real estate market? If so, it's definitely time to think about investing in a bathroom remodel in Raleigh, NC. You can expect to get a good return on investment (ROI) because the average ROI for a bathroom remodeling project is typically around 60%. But it's not just about recouping costs during the sale—a Raleigh bathroom remodel could do a lot to help you avoid having your property stagnate on the market for a long time without any interest from potential buyers.
Most people who are in the market to purchase a home have listed a freshly renovated bathroom and kitchen as one of their key priorities because they don't want the stress and hassle of coping with a remodeling project before they can move in. If resale value is a big reason why you're thinking about bathroom remodels, real estate agents will typically tell you to stick with a classic, clean design so prospective home buyers aren't distracted by a style that doesn't mesh with their interior design aesthetic. White walls and beige, white or gray tile and fixtures are the best place to start.
What Am I Forgetting in My Bathroom Remodeling Plan?
It's fairly common for homeowners to neglect planning when it comes to the smaller elements and finishing touches to a room because they assume they can always come back to those less important matters later once the bigger picture has been handled. But it makes a lot of sense to give some careful thought to the little details while you're planning because you never know if there's a component or design decision that might influence you to go in a different direction for the overall look and vibe of your bathroom remodel in Raleigh, NC.
Even something that is seemingly insignificant, like drawer pulls or cabinet handles, can have a surprising impact on the finished appearance of the project, particularly in a smaller room with plenty of large fixtures and built-ins. Or, you may find a decorative item that you absolutely love and want to put in your new bathroom and choose to use a tile that complements it perfectly. So don't leave those little details to be taken care of as an afterthought when they can make a major difference to the finished product.
Ready for a Bathroom Remodel in Raleigh, NC? Call the Reliable Bathroom Remodelers at Mr. Handyman to Revitalize Your Space!
Looking for a spa-like experience in your own home? When you need exceptional home improvement services in Raleigh and nearby areas, there's only one thing you have to do—pick up the phone and call the team of experts at Mr. Handyman of NE Raleigh to Clayton Area.
Our friendly customer service representatives are waiting to chat with you about your residential or commercial installation, repair, maintenance and improvement needs or get you booked for a convenient service appointment. For a streamlined process of a bathroom remodel in Raleigh, count on your expert handyman team for a distinctive remodeling experience. Contact us today to get started!