What Are the Most Common Sources of Drywall Damage?
While drywall is highly durable, it can take a beating over the course of its life. Drywall damage can come in many forms. Sometimes, the damage comes in the form of holes. Other times, it is caused by leaking water or excessive moisture. When you call Mr. Handyman of NE Raleigh to Clayton Area, you don’t need to know the source of the damage. Before we start repairing your drywall, we will find the source of the damage and explain it to you. Our teams handle everything from repairing drywall ceilings to repairing holes in drywall. Some of the times when you may need to call us for drywall services include the following:
- Doorknob holes
- Moisture damage
- Damage from kids
- Routine wear and tear
- Cracks caused by settling
- Minor dings from moving furniture
- Damage from rodents and other pest infestations
- Holes left from screws, nails, and drywall anchors
What Is Drywall Finishing and How Does It Work?
Installing and finishing drywall is an art form. If you’re new to the world of drywall finishing, you might be surprised to discover how much goes into it. It’s not enough to simply hang drywall panels and call it a day. In order to create a surface that looks uniform and smooth, it’s essential to tape, mud, and sand all the joints. If you have an unfinished section of drywall in your home, it’s no DIY job. Work with a team that has experience. When we perform drywall finishing, we will perform the following steps:
- Taping – Taping the joints and seams of drywall is the first step in the drywall finishing process. This helps hold the sheets together and reduces the likelihood of cracks forming in the future.
- Mudding – Next, we place a joint compound (commonly called mud) over the joints and seams. Joint compound covers the joint tape and seams so that they are no longer visible.
- Sanding – Sanding is the final step. The joint compound covers the seams between each sheet of drywall, but it is not smooth and flat. So, we sand down all uneven sections until the entire wall has a smooth, uniform appearance.
We Work With More Than Just Drywall
Walls are made of many different materials. Some people call it all drywall, but in reality, they are different materials. Mr. Handyman of NE Raleigh to Clayton Area can work on most wall materials except plaster. We do not perform repairs on plaster walls. However, we offer repairs on most other wall materials similar to drywall. Some of the other wall materials we service include the following:
- Green board repairs and finishing
- Cement board repairs and finishing
- Sheetrock repairs and finishing
- Paperless drywall repairs and finishing
- Purple drywall repairs and finishing
- Type X drywall repairs and finishing
Schedule a Drywall Repair Appointment Now!
The quality and condition of your home’s walls will have a huge impact on visitors and guests. Beaten-up, scratched, and discolored drywall can reflect poorly on your entire home. So, don’t put drywall repairs on the back burner. Mr. Handyman of NE Raleigh to Clayton Area is here to help you fix up your drywalls today. Our services are available to homeowners in the communities around Clayton, Creedmoor, Garner, Knightdale, Micro, Middlesex, Pine Level, Raleigh, Rolesville, Selma, Smithfield, Wake Forest, Wendell, Wilson’s Mill, and Zebulon. Schedule your drywall repair service appointment today!
Mr. Handyman of NE Raleigh to Clayton proudly serves Clayton, Creedmoor, Garner, Knightdale, Micro, Middlesex, Pine Level, Raleigh, Rolesville, Selma, Smithfield, Wake Forest, Wendell, Wilson’s Mill, Zebulon