Our drywall services include drywall repair and finishing. We will first assess the condition and structure of your drywall to confirm that it can be repaired rather than replaced. We can fix all drywall problems, no matter how big or small. We specialize in drywall repair of these common drywall issues:
- Popped nails. These occur with the natural expansion and contraction of the wood behind your drywall. As the temperature changes, the wood "breathes," forcing nails outwards until they are visible on the surface of your wall. To repair them, we need to remove them or drive them back under the surface. We'll smooth the area over with drywall mud, sand it, and paint it to match your existing wall color.
- Water damage. When leaks happen behind your walls, or flooding occurs within your home, your drywall–which is essentially made from paper–soaks up the moisture. The result is a soggy-looking and feeling wall that will begin to fall apart. To repair it, we'll need to cut away the affected area and apply a drywall patch or an entirely new sheet if the moisture has spread far enough.
- Drywall cracks. Cracks can occur because of the natural expansion and contraction in your home, but they can also be a sign of foundation damage. If your home does have foundation damage, this pressing issue needs to be addressed right away so that your home does not suffer structural damage, too. If the cracks have occurred for another reason, we can fix them by filling the gaps, sanding, and repainting the affected area.
- Holes. Whether there is a pinhole in your wall or a gaping hole the size of a refrigerator, it's no secret that drywall can be damaged relatively easily. In most cases, we can use a drywall patch to cover a hole, but larger areas may need an entire sheet. Holes can let in drafts, pests, and insulation, so it's always a good idea to repair these right away.
- Loose joint tape. Joint tape supports the corners of drywall sheets. If it's loose, the drywall can sag. This can happen when drywall tape gets wet, so we'll need to check that you don't have a leak behind your walls. If you do, we can point you in the direction of a certified plumber to resolve this issue before we repair your drywall.
- Dented corner beads. Corner beads are L-shaped metal strips that cover sheets of drywall. They aren't visible after you have applied enough compound, though with regular wear and tear, they may begin to dent and those dents can become visible on the surface of your walls. These will need to be sanded and smoothed out with plaster.
- Marks from furniture or dents from door knobs. These cosmetic flaws may seem small, but if you have enough of them, they can impact the look of your room. Get them taken care of with a quick drywall repair. We'll sand down dents and scratches and apply drywall mud or filler to create a smooth, bump-free result.
- Termite or other pest damage. Because drywall is made from paper, pests make it their daily meal. Once they get into the areas behind your walls, they'll begin eating your drywall and creating holes. This isn't just a disaster because of the way it looks, but it also invites the pests to come through your walls and into your home. Who knows what else they'll eat next?
- Tight joints. If there is not enough space between the drywall sheets, cracking will occur. This mistake normally happens after an improper installation, which is just one of the reasons why hiring a professional service provider is so important.
- Bad drywall finishing. Does your wall look unfinished and messy with obvious gaps or mesh? You have been the victim of a bad drywall finisher. Let us help give you the flawless look you were initially dreaming of by re-finishing your walls.
- Poorly cut drywall around outlets or switches. Uneven cutting around your outlets can look messy and leave gaps. These gaps, though small, can let in pests–plus, they just don't look great.
- Bubbles. You will see bubbles in your drywall when there is a lack of joint compound on your drywall tape. Without enough compound, the natural expansion and contraction of your wall will cause that tape to stretch, resulting in bubbles that show on the surface of your walls. To fix this, we will need to scrape or sand away the bubbles and apply a primer before painting over with your existing wall color.
We also offer drywall finishing services. Our professional drywall finishers have years of experience and have dedicated themselves to learning the art form of drywall finishing in Richmond, VA. We can guarantee a seamless, professional look. We specialize in drywall mudding, sanding, seam, and joint taping.
Why Choose Mr. Handyman For Drywall Repair in Richmond, VA?
No matter the size of your drywall project, you can count on Mr. Handyman of Richmond for outstanding service. Our team is highly skilled in repairing all types of drywall issues, and what's more, we will give you total peace of mind knowing a drywall expert has thoroughly inspected your walls and home. Because drywall issues often emerge due to foundation problems, it's important to have this specific type of damage inspected by an experienced handyman.
Our thorough approach is just one reason our customers appreciate the unique service we provide. The others? Check out our customer reviews or see below for the many perks of choosing our qualified team.
No one likes sitting around for a handyman to arrive. With convenient scheduling, you pick a time and date that work with your life. We'll be there on time–no questions asked. That way, you can plan around your service, and you'll never have to wonder if we'll arrive the day we say we will.
The work we perform is made to last. The last thing we want is for you to go through the same issue shortly after we leave. That's why we'll always work to exceptionally high standards to ensure the repairs we complete are long-lasting.
Wide Range of Handyman Services
Sure, you may only think you need drywall repair, but when we inspect your walls, we find that the trim is damaged, and you ask us if we're also painting contractors who can repaint the walls inside your home after repairing your drywall. The benefits of choosing a multifaceted company are many when you start thinking of how interconnected every piece of your home is. Offering maintenance and improvement services to both residential and commercial customers, we ensure your needs are met no matter what type of property you own.
Done Right Promise
Quality workmanship is always better when backed by a guarantee. As part of the Neighborly brand of companies, we offer a Done Right Promise on all of our services. Promising that the jobs we perform will be completed correctly should you run into any issues with our workmanship or the parts we use during the service within a year from the service date, we'll come back and make it right at no cost to you.
Locally Owned and Operated
Choosing local always comes with perks. As a locally owned company with national values, we bring our customers the best of both worlds: The friendly, neighborhood feel you love from a local team with the values and confidence you get from choosing a national brand.
Would you like to learn more about the way we work or the many services we provide? Whether you need help with a door painting project, drywall install, or gutter cleaning, give our friendly customer service team a call today!
Richmond Drywall Repair FAQs
What Are The Signs I Need Drywall Repair?
You can save time and money by scheduling drywall repair services as soon as you notice an issue. If you delay repairing a drywall ceiling, you might end up with major damage that requires extensive, expensive renovations. Professional drywall repair and finishing services will extend the lifespan of your drywall, improve its structural integrity, and maintain the value of your home. If you see any of these signs of drywall problems, call us for drywall repair services:
- Water damage
- Mold or mildew growth
- Water stains
- Peeling paint or plaster
- Missing pieces of drywall
- Holes, tears, or cracks
- Bulges, bucking, warping, or blistering
- Signs of pest or animal damage
Why are Drywall Repair and Finishing Important?
There are some home improvement and repair projects you can do yourself. Others require professional tools and experience. If you don’t have the time, experience, or patience to do your drywall repair and finishing, we can help. Our professional drywall repair services will save you time and money. We’ll ensure the job is done meticulously with great attention to detail. We can also assess the primary cause of your drywall damage.
For instance, if you have damage due to poor ventilation, we can fix your ventilation before we begin repairing drywall. Our professionals have extensive experience repairing drywall ceilings, and we’ll ensure your ceiling is structurally sound and stable before we complete drywall repair and finishing. We complete all work according to code and industry standards and operate according to the Neighborly Done Right Promise. If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our repairs, we will return and fix them for you immediately.
Do I Need a Professional for Drywall Repair in Richmond, VA?
We don't just recommend you seek a professional drywall contractor for drywall repair just because we want you to choose our Richmond drywall company for the job. We recommend it from experience. The number one cause of drywall issues is improper installation–including the repairs completed by those without any drywall experience. That's not to say you won't complete the job correctly yourself, it's just that there will always be a chance that the fix won't last or won't result in a flawless look. Bad drywall seams often occur from improper repairs, leaving your walls looking a mess. We're in the business of drywall repair, and we ensure your drywall is repaired correctly and your living spaces look flawless.
Can I Request a Quote for Drywall Services?
We always provide a quote for the cost of our drywall repair and finishing services before we begin work. We want our customers to have all the information they need to make an informed decision about our home improvement services. We aim to keep our pricing fair to save our customers time and money. Call us today to ask about drywall repair costs, and we may be able to give you an estimate. We’re also proud members of the Neighborly family of companies. If you need any home service we don’t offer, we’re happy to refer you to another member of the Neighborly family.
Looking for Drywall Pros to Restore Your Peace of Mind? Hire Mr. Handyman for Drywall Repair in Richmond, VA!
If you’re ready to schedule drywall repair services in Richmond, Virginia and the surrounding area, call us today at Mr. Handyman of Richmond. We’ll send a member of our team to your home to evaluate the condition of your drywall. We can then make an expert recommendation for drywall repair or new drywall installation. We can also give you an estimate for the cost of drywall repair and finishing services.