prating the paint in your home is a great way to give it an updated and personalized look, whether it be re-touching the paint in your kitchen, repainting a bathroom, or upgrading your home’s trim to a new colour. It can even help increase a home's resale value. Investing in professional assistance is the best option to ensure the job is done correctly and on-time, with no need to worry about incorrect colours or damaging your walls. Being able to trust in the experience of professional Richmond painters ensures that a quality finish will be achieved.
Types of Interior Painting Projects:
- Trim – Trim can include crown moldings, baseboards, door frames, and windowsills. Trim can be painted the same color as the walls or ceiling, or it can be a different color altogether. When choosing a paint color for trim, it is important to consider the overall design scheme of the room.
- Walls - One of the most common types of home interior painting projects is painting walls. This can include painting all of the walls in a room one color or using a variety of colors to create a certain look or feel.
- Ceilings - Ceilings can be painted the same color as the walls, or they can be painted a contrasting color. When choosing a paint color for ceilings, it is important to consider the height of the ceiling and the amount of light that enters the room.
- Doors - A fresh coat of paint can brighten any home’s interior or exterior but it can also add personality and character to your doors. When repainting your front or back door, our professional Richmond painting contractors will be sure to utilize the best paint for that surface to help resist fading and to help the door retain its color for longer.
- Furniture - Furniture is another common item that is often painted during home renovation projects. However, such projects often require the furniture to be properly sanded and primed before the paint or stain can be applied. That’s why it’s best to leave this project in the hands of the professionals at Mr. Handyman of Richmond.
Deck Painting & Staining Options Available!
Staining or painting your deck not only improves the overall appearance of your home, but it can also protect the deck against the elements - making sure that you get maximum enjoyment without worry of wear or tear. Applying a professional-grade stain or paint will increase your deck’s durability and it can help restore its natural beauty over time. With professional deck staining or painting in Richmond, you will enjoy years of outdoor relaxation in style.
What to Consider When Painting a Deck:
- The type of paint. There are two main types of paint that can be used on decks: oil-based and water-based. Oil-based paints are more durable and resistant to weathering, but they can be more difficult to apply and clean up. Water-based paints are easier to apply and clean up, but they may not be as durable as oil-based paints.
- The colour of paint. Darker colours will absorb more heat from the sun and may cause the deck to become too hot to walk on barefoot. Lighter colours will reflect more heat and may help to keep the deck cooler.
- The amount of traffic your deck receives. If your deck gets a lot of foot traffic, you will want to choose a paint that is designed for high-traffic areas. This type of paint will be more durable and resistant to wear and tear.
Is It Better to Paint or Stain a Deck?
When it comes to refreshing your outdoor space, deciding between painting or staining a deck can be difficult. With paint, there is more variety which allows for more customization. The painting also provides protection to the deck, is durable, and lasts longer, however, it is more prone to peeling over time, is permanent, and can create a potentially slippery surface on your deck. Stain, on the other hand, is a more affordable option that offers protection to your deck and a more natural look, but leaves limited options in terms of colour and finish.
Ultimately, the choice lies in personal preference, budget, and exact needs of the project at hand. If you’re uncertain of which option would work best for your deck, don’t hesitate to consult our Richmond exterior painters.
Choose Our Team for Your Home Painting Needs in Richmond Today!
At Mr. Handyman of Richmond, we understand the importance of quality work when it comes to transforming your home and that’s why our team provides top-quality interior and exterior painting services. Whether you are looking to paint a single room, furniture, or even decks and doors, we can deliver results that you will be happy with. From start to finish, our professional team of painters will ensure that each job is completed with excellence and attention to detail.
Call or contact us online today to schedule your next painting service in Richmond, VA.