When you’re designing a kitchen, one of the big decisions you have to make is what type of material you’re going to use. Start by asking yourself what your theme is going to be.
If you’re looking for a modern look – consider incorporating stainless steel throughout the kitchen.
If your goal is to design a durable kitchen -- think about installing a tile backsplash and a hard-wearing countertop material like granite or concrete.
Below are some more tips to help you design a kitchen countertop that will work for you:
CHOOSING A KITCHEN COUNTERTOP MATERIAL
Once you’ve decided on your kitchen’s theme, you can begin planning for updating appliances and installing countertops. There is a variety of countertop materials for you to choose from. Here are a few suggestions:
- Stainless steel brings a modern look to the room
- Clean glass counters create an elegant kitchen space
- Durable, thick concrete countertops can stand the test of time and create a unique look
- Wood countertops can bring a warmth and cozy feel to a kitchen
- An inexpensive, unique approach is to use tile in a countertop
- Showcase a classy kitchen when you install marble countertops
- Countertops can also be made out of recycled materials if you’re looking for an environmentally-friendly option
For kitchen countertop ideas and do-it-yourself installation tips, visit the Mr. Handyman blog and follow our professional contractors on Twitter!
KITCHEN COUNTERTOP INSTALLATION SERVICES
Once you’ve chosen the countertop material that complements your kitchen redesign, save time and hours of stress by scheduling a counter installation service with your local Mr. Handyman. From installing counters to repairing tiles, one of our trained technicians can help you with every step of the kitchen renovation.