How We Approach Door Repair in Vancouver, WA
When hiring Mr. Handyman for your Vancouver door repair, you can rest easy knowing that our local professionals will complete thorough inspections before moving on to the initial repair services. We care about examining small details that help us understand underlying problems because there is a lot about doors that you can easily misdiagnose. Read on to discover more about the types of issues we commonly handle during door repair in Vancouver, WA.
Popular exterior door types vary between steel and wood, and both can suffer equally as bad from weather damage. Besides deteriorating the surface area with impacts, UV light, or moisture damage, there is one more problem that often goes unnoticed, and that’s thermal expansion and contraction. These are problems our Vancouver door repair technicians pay close attention to when inspecting door frames and walls.
You may have heard random cracking sounds in your walls, ceilings or entryway on the south side of your property. So during the day, materials on the exterior of your home may expand in volume, whereas they will shrink again as the temperature decreases at night—hence the interior cracking noises. While these are natural phenomena, they can also call for problematic repairs in the future.
On your service day, we will discuss every step of the process with you to remain as transparent as possible. Before we begin with the initial service request, we will have your cost estimate ready so you’ll get peace of mind knowing that there won’t be any hidden fees or overtime charges.
Common problems with exterior doors include:
Cracks in the door or frame: Cracks are one of the most common issues that call for door repair in Vancouver, WA. They can occur due to the natural expansion and contraction of your home, improper installation, drying wood, foundation damage, and so on. Finding out the root cause of your door's crack will help your home get the attention it needs and will give you peace of mind over its condition.
Wood rot: Common in exterior doors, wood rot occurs when wood comes into contact with moisture and does not dry quickly enough. Rot can show itself in many different forms, so if you've noticed a crumbly brown or stringy white or orange section, you likely have rot on your door. Thankfully, if you catch this fungus early enough, you can prevent it from spreading.
Peeling paint: Staying on top of regular painting will help protect your wooden door from the elements. If you have a wooden door, painting or staining will help prevent wood rot from occurring, along with water and UV damage that lead to early degradation of your door. While peeling paint is more of an issue for exterior doors, you should still stay on top of it for your interior doors, too, to help them last as long as possible.
Warping: Warping is a symptom of water damage. If your untreated door has absorbed water, when it dries, it will warp and may be difficult to close. Doors that won't close securely are security threats to your home and family. We'll need to sand down sections to ensure your door fits comfortably inside the frame.
Misalignment: This common issue is often the result of improper installation, but it may also be caused by the natural settling of your house. In more extreme cases, misalignment can be caused by foundation damage in which the soil has shifted underneath the base of your house. Due to this dangerous possibility, it's important to call a professional for door repair in Vancouver, WA.
Additional issues we can help repair:
- Thermal expansion and contraction
- Water damage
- Termite damage
- Corroded parts
- Latch problems
- Inoperable knobs
- Poor installation
Whatever problem your exterior doors might have, our qualified Vancouver door repair experts are also capable of inspecting and repairing surrounding materials, including your siding, windows, drywall, and floors.
Interior units certainly don’t need to be weather-resistant, but they still have a great purpose to serve, namely privacy and smooth operation. They also help increase your comfort and allow you to control sound. Plus, you may want to shut the closet or storage to hide the mess. It’s not uncommon for interior units to encounter similar issues as exterior ones. Stickiness, lock problems, or damage due to an accident, are very common in households too.
Whether you need a pocket door panel replacement or your pre-hung system repaired, your local door repair team will get it done in one single visit, providing you with a worry-free experience.
Hire Mr. Handyman For Door Repair In Vancouver, WA
Are you wondering who Mr. Handyman is? Besides your friendly neighbor and property maintenance expert, Mr. Handyman is also your leading national home service provider, which has expanded into almost 200 service locations across North America.
Mr. Handyman of Vancouver, Camas And Ridgefield is a locally owned and operated handyman business committed to providing excellent workmanship and customer service to its local communities, from Vancouver to Camas, Ridgefield, Battle Ground, and La Center. Every service technician on our team is thoroughly trained, background-checked, and fully insured, bringing many years of valuable experience working locally in the trades. Other reasons locals love us?
- We're experienced professionals. With decades of combined experience, our qualified team can tackle a wide range of residential and commercial property repairs and improvements. Our extensive range of skills makes us the go-to repair company in the region.
- We offer convenient appointment times. As a home or business owner, you don't have time to wait around for a handyman to show up--and many times, other contractors won't. When choosing Mr. Handyman, you can rely on our dedicated team to arrive on time for your service and get to work right away. Our convenient appointment times mean you can find one that fits your busy schedule.
- We're respectful of your home. When we arrive at your home or business, we'll arrive on time, in uniform, ready to get to work. Wearing protective shoe coverings and cleaning up our mess, we'll make sure the only thing we leave at your property is our excellent workmanship.
- We're your one-call solution. We perform many other services than just door repair in Vancouver, WA. From window repair and deck repair to bathroom remodeling and drywall repair, we can meet your needs with a wide range of handyman services.
- We warranty our workmanship. When hiring our handyman services, Vancouver property owners are protected by our Done Right Promise® which guarantees our workmanship of getting the job done properly and efficiently.
Would you like to learn more about our services, core values, and team? Check out local reviews, meet our team online, or call us today!
Vancouver Door Repairs FAQs
Do you have questions about door repair in Vancouver, WA? We have answers. We've included some of them in our frequently asked questions section below, but if you need any other information, don't hesitate to reach out to our friendly customer care team!
How Much Do Vancouver Door Repair Services Cost?
The cost will depend on the severity of the damage. For example, replacing small parts like hinges, screws and door knobs won’t take as much time as removing rotted wood. Since we’re committed to providing our local customers with a genuine, upfront pricing system, we always offer a no-obligation inspection to determine whether there might be underlying issues that we need to help you address. Feel free to give our office a call and describe the problems you’re experiencing, and we might be able to give you a cost range.
What Are The Benefits of Door Repair in Vancouver, WA?
Vancouver, Washington homeowners will get more years out of their systems when hiring Mr. Handyman for professional repairs. Not only do we have an eye for detail to detect underlying issues, but we also care about maximum efficiency. Whether it’s removing small patches of wood rot or repainting the surface to fend off the elements, a lot of the repairs we complete are part of our preventative maintenance principles. A few of the many benefits that come with door repair in Vancouver, WA include:
- Eliminating cold drafts. When there are gaps between your door and the frame or if your weatherstripping has become damaged, you may feel cold drafts inside your home. This is uncomfortable, but can also cause other issues including decreased energy efficiency and increased energy bills.
- Increasing energy efficiency. When outside temperatures infiltrate your home, they can cause your indoor temperatures to fall. This triggers your HVAC system to kick on to moderate the temperature. If that outside air remained outside of your home, your HVAC system would not require more energy to keep your home at a steady temperature. Any extra energy used to moderate temperature means more money spent on your utilities.
- Reducing your utility bills. How long has that gap between your front door and door frame been there? If it's more than a month, you could have seen a spike in your utility bills and didn't know why. Since gaps allow outside air inside, your HVAC system will need to work harder to moderate indoor temperatures, requiring more energy to do so. Eliminating drafts eliminates the need for extra energy use.
- Keeping your home safe. If the lock on your front door is compromised, or your door is warping and will not shut securely, you are putting your home and family at risk of invader intrusion. Weak entryways make it easy for thieves to break into your home.
- Preventing pest infestation. Pests are always looking for a safe, warm, and dry place to call their own. They'll see any spaces between your door and the frame as the perfect opportunity to come inside. And they will.
- Ensuring privacy. Doors keep your rooms private. When they don't completely close, sound travels through the gaps. You may have a compromised sleep or hear everything going on in the room next to you as you work. Neither of these situations is ideal.
- Keeping your home organized and tidy. Closet doors serve an important purpose in keeping your home looking tidy and organized. Should the doors to your kitchen pantry or living room closet not open or close correctly, you could be seriously inconvenienced.
How Do I Know It’s Time For Door Replacement? And Can I Get A Weather-Resistant One?
When you are on the fence between repairs and a replacement, it’s good to know your door’s age. Also, consider the amount of maintenance and repair needs you have already invested in it.
But other criteria indicate severe damage without being completely visible, such as hollow sounds when you knock against the dorm or when exterior noises are clearly audible inside your home. Another warning sign is an increase in your energy bills. This occurs because your door is no longer energy efficient and can no longer help reduce thermal transfer.
The highest quality doors on the market are fiberglass doors designed for all types of climates with severe weather conditions and temperature fluctuations. The exterior is made of fiber-reinforced polymer, whereas the interior is filled with a high-quality insulator, polyurethane foam. Fiberglass units can last for many decades and only require minimal maintenance. Whichever replacement you choose, Mr. Handyman will ensure you receive a smooth door installation service.
Hire Mr. Handyman For Door Repairs In Vancouver, WA
Whether it’s your entryway, bedroom or bathroom door, closet, bifold or patio doors, you can count on our experienced technicians for quality door repair in Vancouver, WA. Give our outstanding customer service team a call to find out how we can help boost your home’s energy efficiency to keep everyone in your household safe and sound.
At Mr. Handyman of Vancouver, Camas and Ridgefield, we're proud to serve residents in the surrounding areas of Battle Ground, Brush Prairie, Camas, Heisson, Ridgefield, and Washougal as well. Call us today to get started!