Dependable Floor Repair in Wichita, KS
Your floors are, of course, very important components of your home in Wichita—you do need something to stand on, after all. But they're also a huge part of the interior appearance of your house and can have a major impact on its style and appeal. Even though your flooring material is made to be durable and long-lasting, it's not immune to damage and you'll eventually need to call your local Wichita handyman for floor repair. Wichita, KS homeowners can count on the professionals at Mr. Handyman to deliver expert repair services for a wide variety of flooring types, including hardwood, engineered wood, vinyl, laminate and tile.
How We Handle Wichita Floor Repair Services
The ultimate solution to floor repair issues will depend on the type of material you have installed. Regardless of the material that needs floor repair, Wichita, KS homeowners can trust our team to find the right repair strategy to return their surfaces to solid, attractive condition.
Hardwood Floor Repair
Wood floors, whether they are engineered wood or solid hardwood, offer many big advantages to homeowners in Wichita. They give an air of natural charm that synthetic materials simply can't match, and hardwood fits perfectly into a wide number of different design aesthetics, from rustic or old-fashioned to modern or elegant. On the downside, wood is susceptible to certain types of damage. It can be gouged or scuffed fairly easily, and it is vulnerable to wood rot when exposed to excessive moisture.
Here are some of the common wood floor repair issues we can fix in your Wichita home:
- Buckling or cupped boards
- Peeling wood stain
- Patches that are bleached by sun exposure
- Softened, crumbling, rotted wood
- Uneven floors
Vinyl Floor Repair
Luxury vinyl tiles (LVT) and luxury vinyl planks (LVP) are new-ish varieties of flooring that have become very popular over the last decade or so. They are both made from the same material—vinyl, also known as polyvinyl chloride or PVC—and the shape of the pieces is the only big difference between them. LVT is often square or shorter rectangles that mimic the appearance of natural stone, such as marble, while LVP is a set of long rectangles that mimic the appearance of hardwood. They can be very convincing as far as looks go. Since many people don't notice any difference between luxury vinyl and actual stone or hardwood, you don't have to worry about compromising the interior design aesthetic of your house in Wichita.
The vinyl floor repairs we can take care of include:
- Crumbling edges on very old vinyl
Tile Floor Repair
Almost every home in the U.S.A. features at least a bit of tile. It's a very popular choice for bathrooms, kitchens, mudrooms, laundry rooms and other parts of a house that get plenty of foot traffic and exposure to water. It's attractive, long-lasting, durable, long-lasting, and available in almost any color, shape, size, texture, style or pattern your heart desires. Because tile is so commonly used, there are several floor repair methods and repair solutions available for a wide range of tile issues. Common porcelain or ceramic tile floor repair issues our Wichita handyman team can repair include:
- Crumbling or cracking grout
- Small chips or hairline cracks
- Heaving or sinking tiles
- Dingy, discolored grout lines
- Impact damage to a single tile
If you experience water damage underneath your tile floor, the subfloor will need to be thoroughly checked out by your local Wichita handyman, and you might need to consider a replacement service.
Ultimately, Mr. Handyman is the trustworthy choice for floor repair. Wichita KS residential or commercial property owners who are in desperate need of expert Wichita floor repair services can turn to the team of pros at Mr. Handyman of the Wichita Metro Area. Our experienced crew can take care of all necessary floor repairs and get your surfaces looking as good as the day they were installed. We also offer a wide range of common home repair, maintenance, installation and renovation services like door repair.
Benefits of Choosing Mr. Handyman
Mr. Handyman has been around for over 25 years, and since then, we have spread across North America with over 200 locally-owned and operated handyman businesses. As part of Neighborly’s trusted home service franchise, we are committed to delivering outstanding service to our local community.
When you hire our handyman services in Wichita, you can rest assured that everything will be taken care of. Our Mr. Handyman difference will come to show from the moment we answer your phone call! The benefits of choosing Mr. Handyman include:
- Easy scheduling: We strive to answer every phone call to ensure an appointment is made, so you won’t have to wait too long for an available technician.
- Certified professionals: Every technician of our team is certified, background-checked and fully insured. So not only are they highly skilled in what they do, but they’re also fully covered for any handyman job they perform on-site.
- Upfront pricing: We’re as transparent as you can get with our upfront pricing system. We don’t believe in overtime charges and hidden fees, which is why we offer in-home inspections to check any damage in greater detail. This way, we can provide you with a proper cost estimate that won’t come with any additional fees.
- Done Right Promise: Neighborly’s Done Right Guarantee™ is a promise ensuring that our service technicians will get the job done right the first time. If not, they will return and make it right at no additional cost.
Frequently Asked Questions About Floor Repair in Wichita KS
Is It Possible to Do Floor Repair for Chipped Laminate?
If you notice minor chips and scratches in a laminate surface, your handyman can likely help with floor repair. Wichita, KS professionals at Mr. Handyman will use epoxy filler to smooth out uneven surfaces and conceal damage. If the problem is deeper than mere cosmetic damage on the surface, it's possible the damaged laminate plank will need replacement.
How Do You Avoid Needing Floor Repair for Luxury Vinyl Planks or Tiles?
In general, LVP and LVT are pretty easy to maintain over the years. Here are some tips to help keep your luxury vinyl tiles or planks in great shape so you can avoid needing Wichita floor repair service as often:
- Mop or wipe up liquid spills as quickly as possible, especially liquids like vinegar, oil and lemon juice that may cause stains if they're allowed to pool on the floor for too long
- Clean your LVP or LVT with a mop, rags or a soft brush, and avoid using abrasive tools such as steel wool or scrubbing sponges
- Avoid dragging heavy items across your vinyl floor surface
- Use a vacuum or dry mop to clear away small particles of grime that can cause a filmy-looking haze of scratches
Where Can I Find a Matching Tile for Floor Repair in Wichita?
That's a tricky question because, quite often, the answer is that you can't. When you need to replace one damaged tile, it may be very difficult to find one available because tiles are often discontinued and can vary in color if they're from a different manufacturing lot. That's why it's best to save a few pieces aside when you have a new tile installation put in, if at all possible.
Need Floor Repair? Wichita KS, Mr. Handyman Is Here to Help!
If you need reliable handyman services in Wichita or part of the surrounding area such as Sedgwick, Newton or Benjamin Hills, count on Mr. Handyman of the Wichita Metro Area for experienced floor repair service and much more. Our trustworthy handyman professionals are screened by a background check program and always provide courteous, professional service.
Contact us today at (316) 285-1217 to find out more or schedule an appointment with a knowledgeable service technician. This way, you’ll get peace of mind knowing that you make informed decisions about future flooring repairs or replacements.