When it comes to a bathroom remodel, Cincinnati homeowners have a lot to think about. This is the perfect opportunity to get your dream bathroom that not only looks incredible but is also perfectly tailored to accommodate your household's unique needs and make your daily routine easier. What exactly that entails is different for everyone, so it makes sense to take your time while planning and choose an experienced handyman professional who is capable of handling every part of the Cincinnati bathroom remodel process smoothly and efficiently.
If you're ready to get started on your bathroom remodel, so are we! Count on your local Cincinnati handyman for dependable customer service and remarkable workmanship. The team of service professionals at Mr. Handyman of Greater Cincinnati have decades of combined experience in remodeling and repair trades, so we know what it takes to get the job done right and can take care of your entire Cincinnati bathroom remodel from start to finish.
Our Experienced Cincinnati Bathroom Remodel Services
Whether you need a couple of smaller touches to get a powder room looking great and functioning properly or you need a complete overhaul to get that bright and spa-like master bathroom you've always wanted, the planning phase can be the biggest challenge of the whole project—especially if you don't have much experience with planning a Cincinnati bathroom remodel.
When they have a clear picture in mind of what you want for a bathroom remodel, Cincinnati property owners can count on the experienced team at Mr. Handyman of Greater Cincinnati to get the work done efficiently, on time, and to your exact specifications. We are experienced with a wide range of services, including everything necessary to deliver your dream bathroom remodel. The components of your particular project will, of course, vary depending on your vision for the finished results, but some of the services we offer that you may need are:
- Window repair or replacement
- Drywall installation and repair
- Installing wall, counter, and floor tiles
- Toilet installation
- Installing light fixtures and exhaust fans for ventilation
- Installing single or double vanity
- Fixture replacement
- Bathtub installation
- Shower head installation
- Shower enclosure installation
- Bathroom counter installation
- Installing basin or pedestal sinks
- Installing prefabricated cabinets
- Applying a coat of paint to the interior trim
CINCINNATI BATHROOM REMODEL PROJECT SCOPE
The first thing you need to decide on is the overall scope of your bathroom remodel. Cincinnati homeowners sometimes dive right into a renovation when they only have a hazy idea of how they want it to turn out. Unfortunately, that usually results in spending way more money and going a lot further than they actually wanted to, or they end up with some major regret over certain decisions that aren't easily reversed. Here are some "levels" of a Cincinnati bathroom remodel that can help you narrow down the extent of what you want to be done.
- Switch Up Surface Materials: You may be just fine with the layout of the room and satisfied that it's in relatively good condition—but that doesn't mean you have to like how it looks. If you can't spend another day looking at that hideous backsplash tile while you brush your teeth, or the surface material on your vanity countertop makes it look permanently gross and dingy no matter how much you scrub, it's possible that the only Cincinnati bathroom remodels you need is a surface refresh. By replacing tile and other surface materials on the floor, walls, countertops, bathroom cabinets, and inside the shower, you can give the whole room a brand-new, fresh, appealing look that will make a big difference in how you feel about spending time there.
- Conversions: Sometimes focusing on one part of the room in particular can get you the change in function that you really need. For example, if you've got a bathtub and shower combination but you only ever use the shower part, a tub-to-shower conversion is an excellent way to ditch a large, awkward fixture that you don't even use and replace it with an extra-large, luxurious shower remodel that will enhance your bathing routine and make the entire bathroom feel more open and airy.
- Start From Scratch: When you need to go beyond just swapping out some tile or getting rid of the tub, you may be ready for this level of Cincinnati bathroom remodel. Starting from scratch basically means removing everything—tile, fixtures, cabinets, even lighting—and replacing it all with new items and materials. If you want to change pretty much everything about the room, this is the way to go.
- Alter Your Bathroom Floor Plan: If you're thinking about changing your bathroom layout by moving certain fixtures such as the toilet to a new location, give careful consideration to whether that's really necessary. In some cases, it may not be possible for your Cincinnati bathroom remodel contractor to relocate fixtures because wastewater lines need to be as close to the main plumbing stack as possible. The shape and square footage of the available space may also put a damper on your plans, as most bathrooms stick to one of a handful of standard layouts that are intended to maximize floor space in a small area. Finally, keep in mind that moving bathroom fixtures to new locations is going to be considerably more costly than simply putting a new fixture where the old one used to be.
Let Our Experts Handle Your Bathroom Remodel, Cincinnati
Would you like to know more about the process of a Cincinnati bathroom remodel, or do you have questions about our other helpful home repair, maintenance, and improvement services? Give us a call to speak with our knowledgeable customer care staff and get the answers you're seeking. Along with reliable services for projects such as bathroom remodeling, Cincinnati homeowners can count on us to deliver a wide range of experienced services such as kitchen remodeling, wood rot repair, door installation, and much more.
Frequently Asked Questions About Cincinnati Bathroom Remodel Projects
HOW DO I BUDGET FOR A CINCINNATI BATHROOM REMODEL?
When they sit down to make a budget for a bathroom remodel, Cincinnati homeowners often want to know the average bathroom remodel cost first—and for the record, the average spend in the United States is around $11,000. However, in our experience, it's not all that helpful to know the average cost because it encompasses such a wide range of potential price points, from a few thousand dollars to pushing right past $30,000. It also doesn't reflect the price of the specific Cincinnati bathroom remodel work that you want to be done in your house.
When you're trying to figure out what to prioritize in your budget, think about the qualities and features in a bathroom that matter most to you. Are you all about taking long, hot, relaxing baths? In that case, putting extra funds towards a luxury jet tub makes perfect sense. Do you strive to have every room in your house look like it just popped out of the pages of an interior design magazine? Putting more of your budget towards finishing materials such as marble countertops could be the right move. Allocate your budget to cover the things you need, but make sure to give some weight to the things you want and features that will make your entire Cincinnati bathroom remodel process worth it in the end.
HOW DO I PREPARE MY HOUSE FOR BATHROOM REMODELING IN CINCINNATI, OH?
If you've scheduled our experienced handyman team for Cincinnati bathroom remodel and the start date is fast approaching, you may be wondering what needs to be done to get your house ready and help everyone go smoothly throughout the bathroom renovation work. Here are a few tips on preparing for a bathroom remodel:
- Remove all items from the room that is being remodeled, including items in drawers and cupboards, textiles, shower curtains, and wall-hanging items such as framed photos
- Make sure there's a clear path from your door to your bathroom, with plenty of room to carry large, heavy, or awkwardly shaped items through the house
- Lay down old carpeting, drop cloths, or something similar on that path to help contain dirt from work boots
- Remove furniture and items that are close to the bathroom door, or cover them with drop cloths or plastic sheeting to keep sawdust off of them
- Prepare an area for pets where they are safely contained away from the noise and commotion of your Cincinnati bathroom remodel
- Make plans to use a bathroom elsewhere during work—remember that even if you have another bathroom in the house, the water may need to be shut off completely
HOW DO I MAKE MY BATHROOM REMODEL MORE ACCESSIBLE?
If you have mobility challenges that can make it difficult to complete your bathroom routine comfortably and safely, or you want to make your bathroom more accessible for a loved one with reduced mobility, a Cincinnati bathroom remodel is the perfect time to consider some additional modifications. Accessibility starts with simple modifications such as a raised toilet seat that makes it a lot easier to transition between standing and seated positions or grab bars that are positioned correctly to offer stability and support in slippery areas like the shower. It can also be as simple as swapping cabinet hardware for touch mechanisms that are easier to open for people who have difficulty grasping small handles or knobs.
Accessibility modifications can also include larger projects, such as putting in a walk-in shower during your bathroom remodel. Cincinnati homes typically feature showers that have an edge or lip that needs to be stepped over, which can present an obstacle for anyone who has difficulty lifting their feet off the floor. Walk-in tubs are also an option—they feature a "gate" that swings open to allow access and seals shut so the tub can be filled with water once you're comfortably seated inside. Whatever you need to make your bathroom remodel more safe and accommodating, you can count on our team of remodelers to make it happen.
CAN A CINCINNATI BATHROOM REMODEL IMPROVE PROPERTY VALUE?
The right Cincinnati bathroom remodel is a great choice for homeowners who are thinking of putting their house up for sale on the real estate market in the near future. The average return on investment in the selling price of the property makes it worthwhile, but it's also a great way to impress prospective real estate buyers and make it a lot easier to get a quick sale. Along with the kitchen, bathrooms are the most utilitarian parts of a home and most prospective house buyers are looking for a bathroom that looks new and clean so they don't have to worry about the bathroom remodel process after they move in.
If you've got property value and selling power in mind for your Cincinnati bathroom remodel, the best course of action is to stick with simple, classic designs that help home buyers imagine themselves living there. A neutral design makes it easier to picture the room filled with their own belongings and imagine it becoming part of their daily routines. If you're not sure how to make that happen, white or neutral colors like gray and beige are a good place to start. Beige ceramic tile and white cabinetry may seem too bland and boring, but remember you can always dress the room up with colorful textiles and artwork.
Planning a Cincinnati Bathroom Remodel? Mr. Handyman Can Make Your Vision a Reality!
Are you living in Hyde Park, Landen, Blue Ash, Mason, or other communities near Cincinnati, OH? You can get the same outstanding bathroom remodeling service and dedicated customer care as your Cincinnati neighbors from the team of professionals at Mr. Handyman of Greater Cincinnati.
Pick up the phone and get in contact with us right now by dialing to find out more about our reliable handyman services in the Cincinnati, OH area, or to book a convenient appointment time for service.