Our Drywall Repair, Installation, and Finishing Services
Drywall repair, installation, and finishing projects can be an involved process. But with our construction and drywall repair experience, you can trust us for a job done right.
Drywall Repair & Installation
First, we'll measure the area that needs to be repaired or covered. We'll cut the drywall to size using a utility knife or a drywall saw - this includes cutting spaces for outlets, door frames, window frames, and plumbing fixtures.
Next, we'll make the necessary repairs or attach the new sheets to the wall studs using drywall screws.
Once we've repaired and installed the new drywall, we'll handle the drywall finishing.
Our drywall finishing services include:
- Tape, Mud, and Smooth - Round 1. Once the drywall is secured in place, we'll apply joint tape to the seams between the panels. We'll then apply a coat of joint compound, which is used to fill in any gaps or imperfections in the drywall. We'll sand the joint compound until it is smooth and level.
- Tape, Mud, and Smooth - Round 2. After the initial coat of the joint compound is dry, we'll apply a second coat, followed by another round of sanding.
- Priming & Painting. If you'd like, we can handle the priming and painting once the drywall is repaired, installed, and finished.
For every project, we follow all of these steps to a "T". We have the expertise to handle drywall repair or installation projects quickly and effectively.
Ready to get started? Request your service online or call our friendly team.
What to Expect After Booking Your Drywall Service
At Mr. Handyman serving Sarasota and Bradenton, we handle the whole project for you from start to finish.
Below is what you can expect:
- Service Estimate. First, schedule your estimate. During the estimate, we'll review your needs and put together the repair or installation plan.
- We'll Repair Or Install Your Drywall. If you approve the estimate, we'll do all we can to handle your drywall repair on the same day. The project could take a little longer for more intensive repairs or drywall installation projects, due to the steps involved.
- A warranty. When we're finished, we'll leave you with a 1-year workmanship warranty