Fence Installation and Maintenance
Regular maintenance is essential to ensure that your fence remains in good condition, regardless of the type of fence you have. Although it's best to schedule regular fence maintenance to prevent any damage from worsening unexpectedly, here are a few tips to help you keep your fence looking great year-round:
- For wood fences, make sure boards don't touch the ground to prevent moisture damage. Use insecticide to keep termites and ants from damaging the fence.
- Regularly remove debris like weeds and rocks from around the fence.
- Clean vinyl and aluminum fences annually with a mild soap solution or a gentle power wash.
- Repair any broken or loose boards, hinges, or posts before they cause an accident or harm someone.
- Remove any peeling or flaking paint on wood fences and refinish the surface.
Fence Installation, Repair, and Maintenance FAQ
Our professionals at Mr. Handyman of South Charlotte, Fort Mill, Rock Hill will be happy to answer any of your questions about your fence installation and repair. To get you started, here are some of our most frequently asked questions:
- How does the fence or gate repair process work? - The steps necessary to install or repair a fence can differ depending on factors like the type of fence, the extent of the damage, and other considerations. The first step for any fence repair is to contact a professional from Mr. Handyman of South Charlotte, Fort Mill, Rock Hill to evaluate the damage. Once the inspection is complete, we can provide details about what is required for the repair, including costs and other important information.
- What are common fence repairs? - The most common types of repairs for wood fences are panel or slat replacement and repairing moisture damage. As wood fences age, they can warp or bend, which can cause them to need realignment or squaring. Chain link fences are also susceptible to moisture damage, which can compound issues like sagging due to metal corrosion. Other common repairs include hinges, posts, and other hardware.
- How much does gate or fence repair cost? - The cost of fence repair can vary based on factors like the type of fence, the extent of the damage, your location, and the availability of supplies. On average, temporary fences are the least expensive to repair at up to $300, while privacy fencing is the most expensive at up to $1,200. Mr. Handyman of South Charlotte, Fort Mill, Rock Hill offers competitive rates for fence repair and installation services.
- Should I repair a fence or replace it? - When your fence shows signs of wear and tear, you may consider getting a new one. Mr. Handyman of South Charlotte, Fort Mill, Rock Hill offers professional fence installation and repair services. If your fence is relatively new and its design complements the overall look of your property, it may be more practical to opt for fence repair instead. Generally speaking, if the fence repair requires replacing more than 20% of the fence, it may be more cost-effective in the long run to install a new fence.
Call Us to Install a Fence on Your Property
With an average of 10 years of experience in the home service and repair field, our team of experts ensures that your fence is installed or repaired correctly the first time, ensuring your satisfaction. Our team at Mr. Handyman of South Charlotte, Fort Mill, Rock Hill is committed to efficiency and effectiveness. Our satisfied customers have provided honest reviews, showcasing why selecting our services for your home repairs and maintenance needs is an excellent decision. Call us or request a service today!
Mr. Handyman of South Charlotte, Fort Mill, Rock Hill proudly serves Catawba, Charlotte, Fort Mill, Lancaster, Matthews, Mineral Springs, Rock Hill, Van Wyck, Waxhaw, York communities.