Whether you want your home to be a safer place for your baby or a more secure environment for your family, a home safety assessment checklist is essential. Ensure the home safety checklist you use covers these safety checks:
- Ensure electrical cords aren't frayed.
- Make sure cords are not placed under rugs or across thresholds.
- Install plastic safety covers on unused outlets.
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors should be on each level and tested monthly.
- Have at least one fire extinguisher charged and ready to go.
- Check exterior lighting and consider installing a motion-sensing spotlight.
- Keep a flashlight with fresh batteries in an easy-to-access place.
Or experienced pros can help make a home safer for older residents or families with children.
Homeowner Checklists & Resources Projects
From Across the Country
These checklists and resources can help you identify areas in your home that aren't efficient and may need an upgrade. Use our checklist to ensure you don't miss any areas, and note any repairs or upgrades that are needed. This list will help you prioritize the best possible upgrades for your home:
- Check for air leaks around baseboards, doors, windows, and lighting and plumbing fixtures.
- Ensure your attic, crawlspace, and other areas are insulated sufficiently.
- Have your HVAC system inspected annually and replace the filters as needed.
- Replace inefficient lighting with modern alternatives like ENERGY STAR LEDs.
- Consider replacing a non-programmable thermostat with a programmable or smart one.
- Check outside vents to ensure they are operating correctly.
Do your part and use our checklist to upgrade your home as needed. Let our professionals install water-saving showerheads, a programmable or smart thermostat, and other money-saving improvements.
Your Homeowner Maintenance Checklist
A home that is well maintained not only looks great, but it also provides a safe and healthy place for you and your family. Maintenance for your home should include cleaning, pest control, HVAC checks, ensuring adequate ventilation, cleaning walkways, and gutters, repairing deck and patio areas, and installing exterior lights. Every home is different, but we think these handy seasonal homeowner maintenance checklists will ensure you don't miss a thing.
What Can Our Home Improvement Professionals Do For You?
Not everyone has the tools, time, or expertise to maintain their home the way they would like. Mr. Handyman has all three! And all of our work is backed by the Neighborly Done Right Promise™. We provide superior service performed by skilled professionals and field-tested guides for handy homeowners.
No matter what home improvements or maintenance you have in mind, Mr. Handyman is your one-stop to get it all done. Since 1996, Mr. Handyman has served customers across North America with home repairs, maintenance, and improvements. Whether you need help with a small project or a home improvement project planner, Mr. Handyman can help.