Colorado Springs Tile Installation
Is a new Colorado Springs tile installation one of the items you've jotted down on your list of needed or wanted home improvements? Your residential or commercial property can reap some major rewards from an expertly-done installation, including enhanced appeal and value, protection against moisture damage and long-lasting durability, making it a priority that is worth calling your local, qualified Colorado Springs handyman for.
Pick up the phone and get in touch with the reliable professionals at Mr. Handyman of Colorado Springs for outstanding tile installation. Colorado Springs, CO residents can count on us for top-quality workmanship and customer service that goes the extra mile.
About Our Reliable Colorado Springs Tile Installation Services
Tile installation may sound like a simple task to those who have never tried it before, and it's true that pretty much anyone can do it—but getting results that actually look good with a smooth, even surface requires a lot of practice and experience. We often hear from homeowners who got part-way through the work before realizing that they just don't have the skill to get the job done right. Save yourself time, money and a lot of hassle by letting our experienced team handle the project from start to finish.
Our Colorado Springs tile installation services include:
- Flooring Material Removal: We'll start by removing your old floor or backsplash material, whether it's tile or a different type of covering, and get it hauled away.
- Preparing the Subfloor: It's possible that your subfloor won't really need any preparation, depending on its condition and the material that was previously installed, but we'll take care of preparation if necessary by installing new underlayment or handling subfloor repairs before moving on to your tile floor installation.
- Planning Layout: If you want great-looking results from your Colorado Springs tile installation, one of the worst things you can do is just choose a random spot and start plopping the pieces down. We'll carefully pre-plan the layout before we even start mixing the mortar to ensure it will look right when we're finished.
- Thinset Mortar Application: Since thinset dries very quickly, we'll mix it in small batches and apply one section of mortar and tile at a time. The first step of that process is to cover a segment of the floor with an even layer of thinset, ridged with the notched side of a trowel.
- Professional Tile Installation: Next, we'll apply thinset to the back of each piece and lay them down in our predetermined pattern and location.
- Grouting: After the thinset has dried, we'll apply grout in the grout joints between the pieces and smooth it out evenly, then let it dry and cure. Once dry, we'll wash the pieces to remove excess grout haze and leave a clean surface behind.
- Clean Up and Finishing Touches: Finally, we'll clean up our mess and take care of final tasks, such as replacing baseboards and other trim that may have been temporarily removed to accommodate the Colorado Springs tile installation process.
Our capable Colorado Springs tile installers can handle a wide variety of material options, including:
- Ceramic tile
- Porcelain tile
- Glass tiles
- Natural stone tile
- Mosaic tile
The Mr. Handyman Difference
Our local pros at Mr. Handyman are committed to delivering high-quality craftsmanship that exceeds customer expectations. Every service request from our customer is backed by our Done Right Guarantee, which means should our handyman service not meet your needs, we’ll be back to correct the issue.
Our courteous, skilled, uniformed technicians bring an average of ten years’ experience and are highly efficient in property maintenance, house repairs, and various improvement projects, including bathroom remodels. Whatever essential elements you believe your home is missing, Mr. Handyman will go above and beyond to enhance your living space!
Frequently Asked Questions About Tile Installation | Colorado Springs, CO
Is Tile Installation in Colorado Springs, CO Out of Style?
Not by a long shot. Of course, there are trends for tile color, size, pattern, shape and texture that do come and go, but a new tile installation is never going to go out of style. From kitchen backsplashes to beautiful flooring options, there's always an ideal option for Colorado Springs tile installation that can enhance your personal interior design style and make your room feel fresh and new again. Tile has been popular in Colorado Springs houses for many decades, and its popularity shows no signs of decreasing any time soon.
Can New Material Be Installed Over an Old Tile Installation?
When it's time for tile installation, Colorado Springs homeowners sometimes ask if we could just do the installation on top of an older tile surface to eliminate the time and hassle of removing the old material. While it's understandable that homeowners want to find ways to reduce how long it takes and, therefore, how much it costs, this type of installation is generally not recommended. It raises the level of the floor and could create a height transition that poses a tripping hazard. However, it is technically possible for floors (not walls) if the right conditions are met:
- There must be a solid concrete subfloor underneath. The materials in question are really heavy, and putting one heavy layer over another heavy layer may be too heavy for a non-concrete subfloor or floor joists.
- The existing layer must be undamaged and even, with no cracks, chips or poorly-installed pieces that will compromise the integrity of the new layer—and that's usually not the case for a floor that is being replaced.
Can a New Tile Installation Be Walked On Right Away?
We understand that you may be eager to try out your new flooring immediately, but it's really important to avoid walking on it at all for a full 24 hours. If someone steps on it before the mortar has completely cured, tiles will get pressed down into the soft mortar at the edges or corners and the surface will dry unevenly. That doesn't just look terrible, it also feels terrible under your feet and can cause you to trip on a raised edge.
How To Tell If I Need Tile Repair or a New Installation?
This depends on the level of damage that you experience. The most common issue that homeowners face are crumbling grout lines that need to be removed, cleaned out and replaced (possibly with epoxy grout for better adhesion). Our expert team also uses epoxy to fix small cracks on the overall structure. These are minor problems that repairs can fix.
On the other hand, when you have an older system and experience multiple breakages that are becoming safety issues, it’s time to consider a replacement. Water damage behind shower cement backer boards is common, as well as structural issues in high-traffic areas where flooring needs to be replaced.
Call Your Local Handyman for Outstanding Colorado Springs Tile Installation
Are you looking for tile installation services in Colorado Springs or a nearby community such as Manitou Springs, Parker or Littleton? Stop searching and call the team of experts at Mr. Handyman of Colorado Springs. Our dependable, highly-skilled team is screened with a background check program and has years of experience with installation, repair, maintenance and improvement services.
You can reach our friendly customer service representatives at (719) 249-6880 to book a consultation with our handyman team or to find out more about what we can do to enhance your residential or commercial property with our popular handyman services.