The point of your home is to protect you and your family. Broken shingles cause Charlotte, North Carolina homes to have lowered weather protection, more pests, and less energy efficiency. If you haven’t inspected the condition of your home’s shingles, calling your local Charlotte handyman could make a big difference to your comfort and energy bill.
When seeking a trusted Charlotte shingle replacement service, locals can depend on our licensed and certified experts at Mr. Handyman of East and West Charlotte to Gastonia for the efficient service they deserve.
Call today for a no-obligation professional roof inspection, or ask our knowledgeable team any questions that you may have.
About Our Expert Charlotte Shingle Replacement Services
As the roofing material on the top of your house, shingles take a beating from the weather in Charlotte, NC. From strong UV lights to extreme wind and rain, local homeowners experience a wide range of issues on their residential roofs, including the following:
- Cracks: While a breeze and sunshine may feel good on your skin, the mixture can cause your shingles to crack. When it does crack, the underlayment becomes exposed, putting your Charlotte home at risk of water damage resulting from a roof leak. When a few shingles are damaged, our team can quickly replace the affected pieces rather than replace all shingles
- Curling: Curling can happen when shingles are improperly installed. Most times, they can be repaired instead of replaced, but oftentimes, they need complete replacement. We can tell you exactly which route should be taken.
- Missing Shingles: Any missing shingle needs to be replaced as soon as possible. Call us for expert shingle replacement, Charlotte, NC. We’ll install as many as are necessary to restore the roof of your home.
- Missing Granules: Asphalt shingles have tiny granules on top to protect against UV rays and help resist fire. When they start to fall off, it’s a sign you need to get your shingles replaced.
- Moss growth: If moss is growing on your roof, there’s excess moisture there too. But while moss may seem harmless and almost aesthetically pleasing, it could be a bigger sign that your roof is holding too much water. As moss grows, it will lift shingles up, leaving your home vulnerable to the elements.
Why Choose Mr. Handyman For Shingle Replacement, Charlotte NC?
With an average of ten years of experience, our certified Handyman technicians have extensive knowledge of roof repairs. Working with residential and commercial property owners, we’ll help you choose the perfect shingles for your home or building. But it’s not just the experience and knowledge we bring to each and every job, whether it’s trim repair or gutter installation. Charlotte locals know our roofing contractors as the ones they can count on for respectful, courteous service too.
Providing top-tier quality in all that we do, you’ll see the difference when choosing us in terms of the high-quality materials, the work we do, and the customer experience you receive. Promising convenient appointment times and a job done right, we back our work with a Done Right Guarantee to ensure you feel confident.
FAQs About Charlotte Shingle Replacement
What Are the Benefits of Shingle Replacement in Charlotte, NC?
Charlotte, NC sees varied weather throughout the year. From rain and snow to wind and extreme sun, it’s important to have your shingles in working order to protect your home. With that said, there are a few other ways replacing your shingles can benefit your home and family.
- Increased Weather Protection: Extreme weather can happen at any time. When you have missing or damaged shingles, the more likely it is that other shingles on your roof will become damaged. Plus, your shingles protect your home from torrential rain and snow, so it’s a good idea to have them in perfect condition year-round.
- Reduced Risk of Pest Infestation: Bugs and critters are always on the lookout for shelter. Holes or missing shingles are like an open door for them to seek refuge inside your home. If you’ve noticed more bugs than usual inside your home, replacing your shingles may be an easy solution to ensure they stay out.
- Lower Energy Bills: Just a few tiny cracks in your shingles can make your home less energy efficient. As the final barrier that protects your home from the elements, any compromises can let outside air temperature creep into your house and make your HVAC system work harder to maintain your set temperature.
- Elevated Curb Appeal & Property Value: Any steps you take to fix up the residential roofing of your home not only make it look better but also increase its value. If potential buyers see that they don’t have to worry about shingle replacement for more than a decade, they may be more likely to make an offer.
Taking care of your roof repair for flat roofs, slate roofs, asphalt shingle roofs, and more, call us if you have experienced storm damage, need regular roof maintenance, or require new roof installation for home or commercial roofing.
Is Charlotte Shingle Replacement Expensive?
Home and roof size varies greatly in Charlotte, NC. The total cost of your shingle replacement is based on the size of the job, so the best way to get an accurate estimate is to schedule a no-obligation estimate before your roofing service. During the inspection, a qualified roofing contractor will visit your home and thoroughly assess the condition of your roof. If they believe the entire roof needs replacing, they will tell you. They will also tell you if just one or two need replacement instead. It’s up to you which route you choose to go.
Can You Replace Just a Few Shingles?
While you can ask your Charlotte handyman to replace a few slats on your roof, your insurance company may prefer to replace the entire shingle roof, even if it’s just a few that need repair. This depends on your unique insurance policy, so be sure to read it over or speak with your insurance agent for clarification. Often, insurance companies will not cover the cost of replacing only a few shingles, and you will need to pay for it out of pocket.
How Often Do Shingles Need To Be Replaced?
How often you replace your shingles depends on what they’re made of. In general, you should expect the get the following time frames from your shingles in relation to their material:
- Composition: 12 to 20 years
- Asphalt: 15 to 30 years
- Wood: 20 to 25 years
- Metal Roofing: 40 to 70 years
If you’re not sure how long it has been since your roof shingles have been replaced, call us for a free no-obligation inspection. We’ll check out their condition and recommend roof replacement only if it’s necessary. It’s possible that only a few will need to be replaced, but even this small change can dramatically improve your energy bill.
Protect Your Home And Call Mr. Handyman For Charlotte Shingle Replacement Today!
Shingles protect your home. As the outermost layer of your roof, they seal in heat in the winter and keep out snow. In the summer, they’ll ensure no rainwater gets through and can help keep your energy bill steady despite your constantly running air conditioning unit. Perfectly intact shingles can also keep out pests, and on top of that, they’re part of what gives your home curb appeal.
With all of that in mind, MD residents in need of Charlotte shingle repair should act quickly by calling our certified, licensed, and insured Charlotte roofing team. Since shingle replacement isn’t something homeowners should tackle themselves, they can rely on Mr. Handyman of East and West Charlotte to Gastonia's swift roofing services for a job done right. Ready to get started? Call our experienced customer service team today for service in the Greater Charlotte area, including Belmont, Cramerton, and Pineville.