There are a few reasons doors exist. They protect your home, provide privacy, and give your home aesthetic charm. With so many different types of doors, including those with windows, weatherstripping, and custom designs, so many different types of damage can incur in Memphis. Door repair, then, is a necessity not only for the look of your home but for its safety too. When they have a door with cracks, squeaky hinges, or broken glass, locals can rely on their Memphis handyman to fix them.
Choosing a qualified handyman for the job means that your door will get the expert attention it needs to do its job. Whether you’re in need of an interior or exterior door repair, our team can handle them all. We take care of custom doors, front doors, garden shed doors, and so many others, along with our wide range of other home improvement services. Looking to instantly boost the curb appeal of your home in Memphis? Door repair services are just one call away.
What To Expect From Our Memphis Door Repair Service
You know the importance of door repair, Memphis, but you may not know this one single service can help you lower your energy output and reduce your utility bills. A front or side door with gaps or cracks isn’t as energy efficient as a solid unit, and it lets in more than just hot or cold air! These gaps can also let in insects and rodents, not to mention provide the perfect opportunity for criminals to wedge their way inside. But a door impaired with cracks and gaps isn’t the only kind of damage we repair. We can also help Memphis homeowners with the following issues:
- Daily wear and tear: In Memphis, the temperature rises and falls daily. Your doors are exposed to the sun and rain, and it’s normal for natural materials such as wood to deteriorate with time. Add on a few hard shuts per week and some scratches caused by a loving pet, and you have yourself some serious door damage. During your Memphis door repair service, we’ll take a look at the entirety of your door and assess its condition. If there are only a few issues that need to be addressed, we’ll repair them. If your door is in rough condition and past the 20-year mark, we’ll recommend that you replace it.
- Misaligned wheels: Sliding glass doors are convenient and let a lot of natural light in. They’re the perfect addition to the back entrances of homes, but add a few leaves and some dirt in the tracks, and you have yourself a recipe for disaster. When you have misaligned wheels, debris can also cause your door to run completely off the track. Call a professional for help. We will clean the track and replace the wheels if necessary.
- Difficulties with opening and closing: If you can’t open or close your door, you’ll be tempted to tear it off its hinges. Instead of causing potential damage to your home and unnecessary repair costs, give Mr. Handyman of Memphis a call. Whether your door is swollen due to the humidity in the city or a rusty hinge, we’ll replace what needs to be replaced and sand down expanded doors or frames to allow them to close more easily. Doors that do not open as they should pose a safety hazard in the event of a fire. There are many reasons your door may not be opening or closing as it should, including latches that are misaligned, structural shifts in your home, warped or swollen wood, and hinges that are too tight or too loose.
- Noisy or damaged hinges: Hinges are one of the most common issues when it comes to interior and exterior doors. If you find your bedroom door squeaks every time you open or close it, a quick realignment by a repair professional can help resolve it. While this is one of the smaller types of repairs we perform, if you’d like to ensure your door does not experience the same issues going forward, we recommend choosing an experienced technician for the job.
- Inoperable knobs: If your front door knob doesn’t completely turn, you may have a serious issue. While it may seem small, a knob that won’t turn won’t latch shut and may swing open. This could become a problem if you or your kids leave the house in a hurry and forget to check the door. Our qualified team will remove the faulty knob and replace it with the model of your choosing. This is a good chance to switch to a newer design if you prefer.
- New door installation: Are you thinking about replacing your old door? Maybe you’re installing one for the first time in a new home. In addition to our Memphis door repair services, we also offer expert door installation.
Why Choose Mr. Handyman For Your Door Repair in Memphis?
Your Memphis door repair shouldn’t be left up to just anyone. Because doors are such an important part of a home, they need to be properly inspected so that every last issue they are facing is resolved. That’s the benefit of hiring an experienced team like the one at Mr. Handyman of Memphis. We know how to correctly inspect and diagnose issues so that they are all addressed during your service. We’ll always recommend the best course of action based on our expertise, but at the end of the day, we just want our customers to be satisfied with the service they receive. That’s why we offer a Done Right Promise on every service we provide. We guarantee that the job will be done correctly, or else we won’t rest until it is.
With a roster of experienced handymen in our professional company, our team has an average of 10 years of experience among them. We proudly serve Memphis homeowners with the quality home improvement services they’ve been searching for. With our wide range of solutions, we can help home, and business owners tackle both interior services such as painting, wood rot repair and drywall repair. Exterior services include jobs like fence installation, deck replacement, gutter cleaning and pressure washing. Ready to tackle your honey-do list? Give our customer care team a call today to get started.
FAQs About Memphis Door Repair
Is It Better To Fix a Door or Replace It?
Knowing when to repair or replace your door can save you hassle and money, but choosing a repair over a replacement isn’t always the right call. It depends on how much and what type of damage your door has. For example, if your door has alignment issues, a broken handle, or is having trouble closing, repairs are usually all that is needed to get it back into working order. On the other hand, if your front door has broken glass, cracks, and damaged weatherstripping, it may make more sense to replace the entire unit. Be on the lookout for the following issues that will require professional door repair or replacement:
- Misaligned strike plate
- Dented doors
- Cracks or chips
- Rusty hinges
- Broken glass
- Damaged weather stripping
How Do You Repair a Door?
You’ve seen first-hand many of the reasons a door may need to be repaired, but is it something you should take on yourself? Not really. It’s a job better left to professionals and often requires a team of two to properly align your door. On top of that, calling a professional will ensure all the issues with your door are corrected and that if you require a replacement, you’ll get one. Each type of repair we perform differs, but in many cases, replacing the weather stripping, panels of glass, wheels, hinges, or knobs are needed.
What Types of Doors Can We Repair?
- Entry wood doors
- Commercial doors
- Cold storage doors
- Hollow doors
- Pre-hung doors
- Slab doors
- Sliding glass doors
- And more!
What Are Some Good Door Maintenance Tips?
While we recommend calling a professional to inspect your doors and perform regular professional maintenance, there are some things you can do in between service calls to keep them in excellent shape. These include:
- Dusting the door frame and crevices to keep them free from debris
- Inspect the weather stripping for cracks or deterioration
- Check for cracks around your door, casings, and door frame
- Perform a balance check; wobbly doors are a sign of poor alignment
- Tighten hardware with a wrench or screwdriver
Does Mr. Handyman Provide a Warranty?
Mr. Handyman of Memphis warrants all services. In our customer satisfaction promise, we guarantee that the job will be done correctly the first time or we will make it right. Our workmanship is guaranteed, and we only use high-quality parts and materials during your service. If you have any other questions about our warranty, give us a call, and we’ll be more than happy to answer them all.
Cracks, Dents & Squeaky Hinges? With Mr. Handyman of Memphis, Door Repair Is Only One Call Away!
Finding a reliable company for qualified door repair can be rough for Memphis locals. Sure, sometimes DIY repairs will take care of certain issues, such as a loose screw or a hanging hinge, but in the case of more complicated issues, such as broken weather stripping, alignment troubles, damaged glass, and the like, the average homeowner should seek help from a professional. From homes on Horn Lake to Poplar Pike, Mr. Handyman of Memphis is ready to get to work. One call to our valued team will get you on your way to a safer and more energy efficient home. Call our amazing customer service team today to book a service appointment.