Whether searching for a ‘reliable handyman near me’ in Cedar Hills or one of the surrounding communities of Highland, Alpine or Pleasant Grove, you can’t go wrong with Mr. Handyman of Lehi, Provo and Spanish Fork. Our qualified handyman experts aren’t like other service providers. When you work with us, you’re backed by the assurances that come with a professional handyman company, including:
- Fully insured handyman experts
- Uniformed service providers that arrive in a company vehicle
- Workmanship guarantee
- Customer focus
- Emphasis on communication and customer satisfaction
- Respect for you and your home
Don’t take a chance on a general contractor without proof of experience and customer satisfaction behind them. As our local reviews demonstrate, we’ve successfully helped hundreds, if not thousands, of customers in the Lehi and Provo area, including Cedar Hills.
Our Top Cedar Hills Handyman Services
Though we describe ourselves as a Cedar Hills handyman team, we’re more like small contractors. The term ‘handyman’ brings to mind basic repair projects and maintenance services, but we do so much more than this. While we can’t build you a home from the ground up, we can tackle a wide range of larger projects, such as remodeling improvement projects and technical installations.
Whether you need minor repair services or major remodeling services, we can get it done efficiently and according to industry standards. Need several jobs done? Skip hiring multiple contractors from different companies and hire us to do it all!
Below, we’ve included our top three services requested by our Cedar Hills customers: door repair and installation, tile installation and removal and finish carpentry. To find out more about these services, continue reading. Check out our local services list in the menu above for a complete list of all the different handyman jobs we do.
DOOR REPAIR AND INSTALLATION
Does your bedroom door squeak, disturbing the rest of your family whenever you use it at night? Can you feel a chilly draft when you walk past your entryway? While the former is an annoyance, the latter may unknowingly contribute to your rising energy bills.
Regardless of the type of issue you’re experiencing with your interior and exterior doors, our handyman team has the carpentry knowledge to make both complex and common door repairs.
Our first course of action will always be to repair your existing entryway, but in some cases, it may be in your best interest to have the entire unit replaced. The ideal course of action will largely depend on the type of damage that has occurred. Some possible types of damage include:
- Wood rot. Slabs and/or trim made from wood are susceptible to wood rot. Wood must be regularly maintained with paint or sealants to protect the wood fibers from moisture, but over time, sealing products can deteriorate and flake. When moist wood develops rot, it loses its structural integrity and warps. When this happens to any component of your entryway system, you may end up with a door that sticks or is loose. When this occurs with an exterior door, warm and cold air can infiltrate your home and force your HVAC system to work harder.
- House shifting. New builds in particular are susceptible to shifting and settling. Though this is a normal process, even the slightest movement can cause a perfectly measured and installed doorway to become misaligned, causing your door slab to drag on the ground, fail to latch, squeak and much more.
- Malfunctioning hardware. Over time, your door’s hardware can come loose. This includes nails, screws and hinges. Readjustment or replacement solves most hardware problems.
- Cosmetic damage. Whether your cat used your door as a scratching post or a collision with a heavy piece of furniture left a massive hole, our handyman team can repair any cosmetic damage you have or suggest replacement options.
Need door replacement instead of repair? We can install both pre-hung and slab doors in your home. A pre-hung door comes in a package with a frame, hinges and slab, all of which are already connected. This makes them a great option for entryways that do not yet have trim installed, such as a recently remodeled space with a new entryway or an exterior door that needs the frame and slab to be perfectly flush to prevent drafts.
Slab doors are recommended for interior entryways that already have door frames. These include hollow-core slab doors, sliding barn doors, pocket doors, bifold doors and more.
TILE INSTALLATION AND REMOVAL
If you need tile installed in your home, you need the help of a handyman. Cedar Hills, UT has hot summers but cold winters, making tile undesirable throughout an entire home. That being said, it’s a great option for kitchens and bathrooms due to being low maintenance and water-resistant or waterproof, depending on the material used.
One of the reasons that tile installation is so frequently requested of a handyman in Cedar Hills, UT is due to how difficult it is not just to install but also to dispose of it. When we’re called to a home to install tile, we’re also often asked to remove and dispose of the old tile or flooring. Following the removal process, we’ll assess your floor’s underlayment and subfloor to determine whether additional repairs or leveling is needed. The key to a professional tile installation is to ensure the subfloor is in great condition first.
Once the underlayment is prepared, we’ll apply a layer of thinset. This must dry for a specific amount of time before laying tiles. It must be partially dried, but not so dry that the tile does not adhere to it. We’ll install any tile you want, whether it be floor tiles, wall tiles or backsplash. Some of the types of tile we’ve installed in the past include:
- And others!
Once the tiles have been cut, laid and spaced, we’ll apply grout. After it has begun to cure, we’ll use a damp sponge to smooth the grout lines, as well as clean up the ‘grout haze,’ or the hazy film left on top of your tiles. Grout application may be followed with grout sealing, depending on the type of tile and grout chosen.
Though we don’t order tile for our customers, we’re more than happy to advise you on what type of tile we think would work best for your space. The choice is ultimately yours, but if you’re new to home improvement projects, asking an expert handyman in Cedar Hills, UT isn’t a bad way to go.
Unless your home’s interior trim is in poor condition, chances are that finish carpentry rarely crosses your mind. In fact, you may not even know what finish carpentry means. This type of woodworking encompasses carpentry that is both functional and decorative. For example, wainscotting can add visual interest to a room while also protecting walls from dents and scuffs caused by furniture. Likewise, a fireplace mantel can provide a ledge for displaying home decor while also being decorative in and of itself.
Most Cedar Hills handyman contractors don’t have significant experience in finish carpentry. Our handyman experts are experienced in various trades, including finish carpentry. No matter what kind of finish carpentry project you need done for your home, our team has the experience and training to do it right. Some of the jobs that a finish carpenter may work on include:
- Door and window frames. Exterior frames are often made today out of waterproof materials like PVC to prevent wood rot, but if you live in an older home, you may have an exterior frame that requires repairs. For interior frames, you may want to make them stand out more by having us add rosettes or another type of woodwork accent.
- Baseboards. Functionally, baseboards are installed after a flooring replacement to cover up the gap between the last floorboard and the drywall. Whether you want basic baseboards or decorative baseboards installed, our team can nail them to the wall, fill in the nail holes and add caulking to the joints to create a truly seamless result.
- Crown molding. Similar to baseboards for your ceiling, crown molding fills the angle between your ceiling and the tops of your walls. Crown molding is usually more decorative than baseboards.
- Beadboard and other paneling. Wall panels can instantly make your home look more expensive. Beadboard is a popular type of paneling, but other options include wainscotting, board-and-batten, shiplap and raised panels. These require significant carpentry knowledge and experience to install properly.
- Cabinets. Whether you need cabinets installed in your kitchen, bathroom, garage or living room, we can get the job done. We can install both pre-purchased cabinets or build custom cabinets and built-in shelving to fit your space and your needs.
- Mantels. Fireplace mantels can have a big impact on your home’s overall aesthetic. Depending on the design, they can make your space feel traditional or contemporary. Present some sample images to a handyman in Cedar Hills, UT and they’ll create the same look for your home.
Commercial Handyman In Cedar Hills UT
Though most searches for a ‘handyman near me’ in Cedar Hills are done by homeowners, we also serve property managers and business owners. Finding a qualified commercial property handyman in Cedar Hills, UT is even more difficult than finding a reputable residential contractor due to the unique needs and challenges that a commercial space provides.
We can tailor most of our services to both residential and commercial properties, as our handyman team has significant experience working in both settings. Some of the industries we serve include—but are not limited to—the following:
- Food venues, including restaurants and fast food
- Hospitality and hotels
- Financial institutions
- Educational settings
- Healthcare settings
- Manufacturing plants
- Office buildings
- Retail spaces
- And more!
Your Search For A ‘Handyman Near Me’ Is Over
If you need a handyman in Cedar Hills, UT, give Mr. Handyman of Lehi, Provo and Spanish Fork a try. By providing a quality workmanship guarantee and work performed by insured professionals, you have nothing to lose.
Especially for big jobs, we’re happy to provide you with a free, no-obligation estimate following an on-site consultation and inspection. Looking at the repair or replacement needed firsthand will allow us to provide you with the most accurate quote, as well as give you the chance to see what working with us will be like before you sign up for service.
To schedule your free estimate today or to ask any questions you may have, give our office a call. We look forward to sending out a handyman in Cedar Hills, UT to serve you soon!