Drywall Repair Memphis, TN
Are you dealing with cracked or damaged drywall? From a hole in your plaster to needing a drywall patch, when in need of drywall repair, Memphis residents can trust the local pros at Mr. Handyman of Memphis. Perhaps you need a drywall installation service to efficiently remedy any damage to your existing gypsum board. Or you simply require some finishing service, such as texturing. Whatever the situation, our pros use the latest technology combined with a high level of expertise. Our local Memphis Handyman can fill in holes, patch cracks, and smooth out rough spots so you no longer have an eyesore in your home. Not only will our hard work make it look like new—we'll do it without disrupting the rest of your daily routine!
Our local team of Memphis drywall repair technicians is ready to provide excellent customer service on all your drywall projects! Trust us to repair, finish, install, paint, mount, and much more! Contact us today at (901) 479-1640 for quality workmanship on all your drywall repairs, Memphis!
Our Memphis Drywall Repair Services
Drywall Repairs & Smooth Finish
Memphis drywall repairs and drywall finishing services will help you restore walls that have been damaged due to wear and tear, water damage, or other reasons. These services may include repairing holes, cracks, dents, and scratches to ensure your walls look as good as new. On the other hand, drywall finishing services involve coating your walls with a textured finish, paint, or wallpaper to create a beautiful and uniform look.
Crown Molding Installation & Repair
Crown moldings are decorative trims that are installed along the perimeter of a room where the ceiling meets the walls. If you want to add a touch of elegance to your home, crown molding installation is the way to go. A drywall expert will measure, cut and install the perfect crown molding to accentuate your home's decor. Additionally, if your existing crown molding looks worn out, an experienced drywall company fixes or replaces it to match your home's design aesthetic.
Custom Shelving & Bookcases
Suppose you're looking for a way to organize your home. In that case, consider custom shelving and bookcases. These services can help you create a functional and beautiful storage solution for your belongings. Our skilled Memphis handyman is a drywall repair specialist who is able to help you design and install custom shelving and bookcases. We’ll meet your specific storage needs while still looking great.
Crown Molding & Trim Painting
While crown molding and trim installation in Memphis can elevate your home's design, the trim and crown molding color are equally important. Drywall contractors offer interior painting services that can match your home's decor while enhancing the beauty of the crown molding and trim. With various paint colors and textures for your painting project, you can be sure that your crown molding and trim will look beautiful for years to come.
Picture Hanging & Wainscoting Installation & Repair
Finally, picture hanging, wainscoting installation, and repair services are other common drywall services that you may find helpful. Picture hanging services can help you display your artwork, photos, or mirrors on your walls without damaging the wall. Wainscoting installation involves installing wood panels on your walls, adding an elegant touch to your home's design. Additionally, if your existing wainscoting is damaged or worn out, a drywall repair professional can fix or replace it to match the rest of your home's decor.
Why Choose the Drywall Repair Memphis Experts at Mr. Handyman?
We have a team of expert drywall repair specialists in Memphis who take pride in their jobs as your experienced handyman. Home maintenance shouldn't be a headache, so we offer hassle-free help for all drywall installation and drywall repair Memphis homeowners need to stay safe. Our customized care and solutions cater to you, your family, and your home because our clients are our priority. Why choose Mr. Handyman of Memphis?
- Customer Satisfaction: Our happy customers give us raving reviews; the testimonials speak for themselves.
- Quality Workmanship: If your project was not performed correctly, we guarantee to rectify the situation. Within a year of the service, get in touch with Mr. Handyman of Memphis, and we'll make it right. Every quality project is only done once it's done right. That's our promise!
- Professional Services: Our drywall specialists are professional, knowledgeable, kind, and courteous. They are certified and can give trusted advice on when to repair a piece of drywall and when it needs to be replaced.
- Affordable Drywall Service: The cost of drywall repair doesn't need to break the bank! We offer affordable, upfront pricing with no hidden fees, keeping your Memphis drywall repair costs as low as possible while getting quality service.
- Top-of-the-line Equipment: All materials our experts use are top-grade certified, adding life longevity and ensuring no need for unexpected future repairs. Mr. Handyman technicians come prepared with all the tools needed for a drywall repair project, from drywall screws to a wall stud finder.
- Diverse Handyman Services: From drywall installation to drywall finishing, we have experienced handymen to help you! We don't just offer drywall services; we also provide a full range of services, including wall paint projects, gutter cleaning, pressure washing, window repair and installation, and much more! We're your all-in-one expert handyman!
Get the perfect coat of paint on repaired walls by leaving it to the Memphis drywall repair professionals. With years of experience in the field, we guarantee that our work won't be visible when finished, giving you peace of mind knowing the smooth finish is at its best and not a dent in sight.
Contact us online or call us at (901) 479-1640 for any handyman service quote or problem!
Frequently Asked Questions About Drywall Repair | Memphis, TN
Is It Better for Memphis Drywall Repair or Drywall Replacement?
This depends on the extent of the wall or ceiling damage. Minor cracks, nail holes, and dents can be repaired using lightweight spackle, joint compound, joint tape, and light sanding using a fine-grit sanding sponge. However, if the damage is severe, with larger holes, and covers more than 30% of the total wall surface, replacing the entire sheet or wall is usually a more effective cost estimate and practical. Moreover, if the plaster is old and crumbling, it is recommended that you replace it to prevent future drywall issues. Replacement can be a pain, so hiring an expert drywall repair company is recommended instead of trying a DIY repair method or hiring an inexperienced handyman. This ensures a professional finish for your beautiful walls and textured ceilings.
What If You Leave a Hole in the Wall?
Holes in drywall can lead to a number of problems, like pest infestations and mold growth. If you notice a hole in your wall, it's essential to fix it immediately to prevent these problems from happening. Repairing an unsightly hole depends on the size but generally involves the following:
- Cutting out the damaged part.
- Installing a new piece.
- Painting the place where the hole was located.
How To Know If You Have a Mold Problem?
Mold is a common problem in damp areas like bathrooms, basements, and crawl spaces. It can also grow inside the walls if there is a moisture source like a leaking pipe, roof, or foundation. To determine if mold is behind your wall, look for signs of water damage like discoloration, soft spots, and peeling paint or wallpaper. You may also notice a musty smell or experience allergic reactions like coughing, sneezing, and wheezing. If you suspect mold, it is best to call a professional mold inspector to assess the situation and recommend the appropriate remediation measures.
What Happens if You Call for A Drywall Repair, Memphis?
Ignoring wall damage can lead to several consequences, such as:
- Structural Damage: If the plaster is weakened or compromised, it may no longer provide adequate support and protection for the building. This can cause holes to appear and even significant safety hazards like collapsing walls and ceilings.
- Pest Infestations: Holes and cracks, even a small hole, can provide easy entry points for pests like rats, mice, cockroaches, and termites, which can nest and breed inside the walls.
- Decreased Energy Efficiency: Damage can create gaps and leaks that affect the insulation and ventilation of the building, leading to higher energy bills and reduced comfort.
- Aesthetics: Cracked, dented, discolored, and damaged walls can negatively impact the appearance and value of your property, making it less appealing to potential buyers or renters.
At Mr. Handyman of Memphis, we always recommend regular maintenance in your home, either by a pro or a DIY method. This helps prevent severe and expensive issues in the future. Damage can occur due to a variety of reasons. To help prevent damage, you can keep your walls and ceilings dry, avoid hanging heavy artwork or frames, especially not on a wall stud, and ensure the area has proper ventilation. Monitor poorly ventilated rooms because moisture could build up and cause mold to grow.
Need Drywall Repair, Memphis? Contact Mr. Handyman Today!
Mr. Handyman of Memphis has all your home repair services, from exterior painting to plaster repair to a roofing problem or a drywall repair service. We're here when you need a trusted Memphis drywall repair service!
If you are in Memphis or a surrounding area like Arlington, Brunswick, or Collierville, we’ll cover all your drywall needs. Contact us online for a quote, or call us at (901) 479-1640 for your drywall repairs, Memphis!