Services for Basement Remodeling in Wichita, KS
Are you currently sitting on a goldmine of unused or under-utilized space? If you find yourself wishing for additional living space and you have an unfinished basement, the answer is right in front of you—or rather, right below you. By calling a qualified, local Wichita handyman for comprehensive basement remodeling, Wichita, KS homeowners can get the extra livable space they need and add a ton of function and appeal to their houses at the same time.
If you're ready to make the most of your home with basement remodeling, Wichita, KS professionals at Mr. Handyman of the Wichita Metro Area are here to help! We are a locally owned and operated business, and as such, we take great pride in delivering honest, capable, reliable handyman services to the people of our local community.
What's Included In a Wichita Basement Remodel?
When it comes to basement remodeling, Wichita, KS homeowners decide what's included. Our experienced team has the skill and training to complete your entire basement remodel project from start to finish, including all the components you need and want. You may have a finished basement that just needs a few tweaks here and there to serve your household better, or you may have what essentially amounts to a concrete bunker with no flooring material or drywall in place. Depending on your unique plan to create functional spaces, you may need to make use of a wide range of our handyman services such as the following.
- Drywall & Flooring Installation: If your basement is just one big, cavernous, unfinished room, your Wichita handyman's first steps are going to be putting up drywall and installing flooring materials to make the area habitable. This is the phase where you can create a layout for various rooms, or choose to keep it as a single large, open space.
- Add or Upgrade Lighting: There's probably already some lighting in your downstairs area, but chances are it's not adequate to light the whole space effectively—and who wants to hang out in a dark, gloomy basement? We can add new lighting fixtures and upgrade old ones. If you don't have a lot of overhead space down there, recessed lights are a good choice as they sit flush with the ceiling.
- Plumbing Installation: Most people don't like having to go upstairs to use the bathroom, so if you are planning on including bedrooms or living areas in your plan for basement remodeling, Wichita, KS professionals typically recommend having a bathroom installed as well. Plumbing installations need to be near other, existing plumbing structures in your house, so it's best to put a basement bathroom directly under an upstairs bathroom or the kitchen.
- Safety Measures: While this may not be the most exciting part of basement remodeling, Wichita, KS homeowners will find it's well worth it to have their handyman take care of some tasks that are related to safety and protection. That could include installing smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, repairing or replacing damaged stairs, dryer vent cleaning, installing a sump pump or backwater valve, and much more.
- Furniture Assembly: Of course you'll need furniture for your newly remodeled space—but keep in mind that larger items such as sofas and bed frames may not fit down the stairs easily, or at all. Consider purchasing unassembled furniture and having your handyman get it put together for you in the basement so there's no need to worry about pivoting it down the stairs.
Frequently Asked Questions About Basement Remodel Projects
When it's time for basement remodeling, Wichita, KS homeowners expect the best—and that's what Mr. Handyman of the Wichita Metro Area delivers. If you'd like to know more about what we can do to transform your home, contact us at (316) 285-1217. You can also find our replies to a few common questions below.
What Kinds of Rooms Should Be Added During My Basement Remodel?
The possibilities are nearly endless, especially if you're working with a blank canvas that has no walls up already. But either way, our team has the experience and skill to reconfigure your basement space in a very wide variety of ways. Need some inspiration? Here are a few ideas for rooms or areas to include in your Wichita basement remodel:
- Additional bedroom for guests or household members who are currently sharing
- Recreation room with a billiard or tennis table
- Home theater for movie nights with the family
- Office for working from home
- Craft or hobby area
- Home gym
- Music or art studio
- Playroom for the kids
- Laundry room
- Suite for in-laws or rental
Of course, this list is just the tip of the iceberg. Think about what's lacking on your upper floors—every household has certain pain points, and a basement remodel is the perfect time to address them.
Is Hardwood Flooring a Good Choice for a Basement Remodel?
Hardwood is beautiful, but it's not the best choice for moisture-prone areas because it's susceptible to warping and rotting, so it doesn't work well for basement remodeling. Wichita, KS homeowners who love the look of hardwood should consider luxury vinyl planks (LVP). They are durable, water-resistant and mimic the look of real hardwood very convincingly.
Can a Wichita Basement Remodel Improve Property Value?
Undoubtedly. While a finished basement isn't typically included in the overall square footage of a house when it's being listed on the real estate market, it's still a huge asset that can raise the selling price and do a lot to impress prospective home buyers. That's especially true if a lot of homes in your area have finished basements, because they'll be expecting and wanting to find that perk with your property.
Want to Get Started On Basement Remodeling? Wichita, KS Handymen Are Ready to Help!
If you live in Wichita or a nearby part of the surrounding area such as Bel Aire, Schulte or Derby, you can stop searching for the right team to call for basement remodeling. Wichita, KS residents can count on the dependable professionals at Mr. Handyman of the Wichita Metro Area to deliver a complete basement remodel from start to finish. Call us at (316) 285-1217 to find out more about our trusted services or schedule an appointment.