At Mr. Handyman of the Wichita Metro Area, we’re known for our ability to tailor our extensive list of local services to our customers’ needs. With so many different types of damage and materials used in Wichita homes, our siding repair service looks different from client to client. That being said, our entire process, from start to finish, still follows a few basic steps:
- Consultation: Call Mr. Handyman of the Wichita Metro Area for siding repair/replacement options. They can determine the extent of damage and the best repair methods for the job, as well as provide you with an accurate estimate for your siding project.
- Service appointment: We’ll show up at your home at a prearranged time with all the tools required to complete your siding repair. Wichita, KS service technicians will be using one of the repair methods discussed below. Our team will return the visual appeal of your home's exterior to what it was when it was first installed.
- Clean up: Once the repair is complete, we’ll show you the final result, answer any additional questions you may have, and clean up after ourselves so that you don’t have to do anything but enjoy your newly repaired home.
Common Issues With Siding In Wichita, KS
Our handyman team has an average of 10 years of experience in the industry and, as such, has seen almost every type of siding you can think of. The most common types of siding material we see in Wichita include:
- Fiber cement (James Hardie plank)
- Brick veneer
- And more!
One of the most challenging parts of this repair service is determining which repair method is best suited to the type of damage. Our handyman professionals typically do repairs on the following types of damage:
- Structural damage: This includes wood rot, moisture damage, large cracks, and insect damage. In these areas, it may be more prudent to use replacement siding rather than patching over damaged sections.
- Minor repairs: These may include holes in aluminum siding and small cracks in vinyl, which can be filled with caulking. Loose pieces may also be re-secured using new hardware.
- Cosmetic repairs: Stains, discoloration, or peeling paint can be cleaned and touched up as long as there is no wood rot present.
When hiring Mr. Handyman for siding repair, Wichita, KS homeowners can trust our extensive knowledge to determine the most affordable and effective type of repair.
Why Choose Mr. Handyman for Siding Repair, Wichita, KS?
As a locally owned and operated home services franchise, we’re passionate about serving residential and commercial customers not just within the city boundaries of Wichita but in many of the surrounding areas as well. The communities of Augusta, Newton, and Haysville are just a few of the many places we proudly provide not just Wichita siding repair but also other repair and installation home services.
Our experienced contractor isn’t just a siding contractor but has experience in all aspects of the handyman and carpentry industries. When in need of more than just siding repair, Wichita, KS, handyman professionals can do it all with competitive pricing.
We consistently provide our customers with a positive experience and meet our high standards for customer service by not just meeting but exceeding customer expectations. Along with the exceptional quality of workmanship—which we guarantee—you’ll be met with a friendly smile throughout every step of the process.
FAQs About Siding Repair, Wichita, KS
What Are Common Warning Signs I Need Siding Repair?
Wichita, KS residents should pay close attention to the following telltale signs:
- Warping and buckling are common on vinyl, especially during temperature changes
- Poor initial installation service where there is too much gap between fasteners and panels
- Foundation cracks caused by the elements, shifting soil, or house settlement
- Insect damage: they crawl through nooks and crannies, including gaps and cracks
- Water damage on your exterior walls is marked by water stains and is an even worse sign if it occurs on the damaged siding. An experienced Wichita siding repair technician will need to take a closer look at your house wrap and other layers beneath it.
- Fading colors is another common issue that happens frequently to vinyl materials. Strong UV rays and harsh weather conditions are the main culprit, as well as a lack of maintenance. Should you need vinyl siding repair, Wichita, KS handyman pros will use a vinyl restoring product and prepare for a resurfacing service.
- Obvious signs of damage: Perhaps your exterior cladding system has suffered from impact damage, such as hail or a falling tree branch caused by strong winds. In that case, immediate repair is crucial should there be any inherent issues.
- Increased energy bills: We agree it’s important to check your HVAC system, attic insulation, doors, and windows, but walls are also important contributors to insulation. There are various layers between your drywall and siding, from vapor barriers to the insulation materials and the house sheathing. Exterior damage can cause a wide range of moisture issues that will gradually deteriorate layer after layer.
When Is Replacement Better Than Siding Repair In Wichita, KS?
Your exterior cladding system has an average life expectancy of 15 to 40 years, depending on how well it has been maintained. Should you have any documentation on when your home was built, as well as all the repairs it received before you took ownership, double-check how old your exterior walls might be.
It may not be worth it to repair extensive damage. If more than a quarter of your exterior needs repair, it may be worth considering a new siding installation instead. The cost will not be considerably more, plus you’ll have the assurance that you won’t need any additional repairs for years to come. When in doubt, schedule an appointment with an experienced handyman. We’ll be more than happy to perform a thorough inspection and determine whether you need a replacement or siding repair. Wichita, KS property owners will get a detailed diagnosis, along with an honest opinion.
What’s the Average Cost of a Siding Repair?
Wichita, KS professionals at Mr. Handyman typically charge by the project rather than by the hour. In order for us to be fully transparent about our upfront pricing system, we’ll need more information about the issue you’re facing. Therefore, we offer a no-obligation inspection service to help you determine any underlying issues. This way, we’ll be able to prepare a more detailed cost estimate for you. Rest assured that Mr. Handyman never charges for overtime, nor do we ever have hidden fees in the final bill.
Still, we recommend that you give our friendly office staff a call to describe your situation. We may be able to give you a price range or send out the next available service technician for an inspection.
How Do I Prevent Needing Siding Repair?
Wichita, KS homeowners are advised to keep a routine maintenance schedule to protect their home's exterior. Preventative maintenance generally just comes down to keeping your exterior clean and tackling the first signs of wear and tear before they develop into something more serious. For example, a simple pressure washing service can eliminate staining and deterioration, as well as prepare the surface for treatment and minor repairs. That’s especially the case with wood, which needs a little extra care, from sanding to resealing. If you notice paint peeling, we may need to wash it off and further inspect for other signs of damage. Sanding down the edges and filling gaps and cracks with wood filler will help restore its structural integrity. Next, we’ll add a new coat of paint as soon as possible. Just be sure to apply an exterior paint that is made to withstand the elements.
How Do I Match My Existing Siding?
With so many siding options available, it can be tricky to find a product that will match your existing structure, particularly if it is many years old. A good pressure washing service is the first step, as your home's exterior may actually be a completely different color once cleaned. After being cleaned, break off a small portion of the damaged siding and take it to some local stores to match it with siding colors on the market today. Otherwise, painting is an option for wood, stucco, or vinyl siding.
Why Is a Wichita Siding Repair Service so Important?
Mr. Handyman highly recommends not to put off siding repairs. Wichita, KS homeowners could otherwise face unpleasant consequences that include:
- Water damage: Damaged siding can leave your home’s exterior at risk of incurring moisture damage. Once wood rot begins, it is difficult to stop. Repairing water damage is one of the most costly home repairs you can make.
- High energy bills: A damaged cladding system leaves your home exposed to drafts. This means your HVAC system will have to work harder to regulate your home’s interior temperature, resulting in lower energy efficiency and higher energy bills. In the meantime, your insulation layers and your drywall will also begin to deteriorate.
When keeping a regular maintenance schedule, including inspection, you’ll always be a step ahead before any damage can occur.
Which Type of Siding Requires the Least Maintenance?
It’s important to note that all exterior structures require maintenance in one way or another. While wood siding requires the highest level of maintenance, there are alternatives that are lower maintenance and are still quality materials.
- Vinyl: Vinyl is made of high-quality PVC materials and is resistant to insects, moisture, and all types of temperatures. However, it’s important to install it correctly and keep it clean. Though periodic resurfacing is a good idea, it does not have to be every few years.
- Fiber cement: Fiber cement siding may be the next most common type. Made of Portland cement, sand, water, and cellulose fibers, it is even longer lasting than vinyl and requires just as little upkeep. Periodic repainting services are recommended to ensure it remains in top-notch condition.
- Metal: Metal materials like aluminum have become a very popular type for modern constructions. But keep in mind that while maintenance may be low, it could be more expensive when in need of siding repairs. Wichita, KS handyman pros are experts at fixing dents; however, it may be a little more complex.
Boost Your Curb Appeal And Protect Your Home With Expert Services For Siding Repair, Wichita KS!
When in need of siding replacement or siding repair, Wichita, KS, and surrounding communities are invited to get in touch with our experienced and trusted handyman team. To book this service or get help with any of your other home improvement projects, you can reach us by phone or by filling out our online contact form.
We look forward to showing you why so many homeowners like you choose Mr. Handyman of the Wichita Metro Area for their siding repair needs! And while you’re here, we also invite you to learn more about our other popular handyman services, including window repair.