Our Wichita Tile Repair Methods
From kitchen walls to bathroom floors, there are a lot of ways to use tile in a home or commercial building. It's a popular choice for areas that are prone to water exposure, but it also makes an excellent decorative element for almost any room. When it becomes damaged and in serious need of tile repair, Wichita, KS homeowners can save themselves some trouble with prompt repair services and avoid problems like unsightly cosmetic issues, potential injury and water damage to their subfloor or wall substrate. Here are our strategies for some common tile repair problems:
- Damaged Grout Lines: Grout is necessary for any tile installation, but as a cement-based product, it's really not as durable and long-lasting as the pieces themselves. That's okay—when your grout lines start cracking or crumbling apart, or they've just become packed full of ground-in dirt that you can't get rid of, we can use a carbide-tipped scoring tool to remove the grout and leave the pieces in place. We'll then fill in the lines with fresh grout to make the entire surface look good as new. If it's a particularly moisture-prone area like a shower, we'll use epoxy grout for a watertight seal.
- Chips and Hairline Cracks: Minor surface damage is unattractive, but it can also let in water or cause you to trip on an uneven surface. We can handle chip repair on porcelain or ceramic tile by filling it in with epoxy, sanding it smooth, and concealing the repair with a few coats of paint followed by a sealant.
- Loose Tiles: Occasionally you may have a piece that is technically undamaged but has simply come loose from the mortar that was bonding it to the floor or wall underneath and needs tile repair. Wichita, KS handymen on our team will take care of that easily by re-mortaring and re-grouting the loose piece to get it firmly back into place.
- Broken or Smashed Pieces: If one or two pieces have been smashed, the best broken tile repair strategy is to replace those individual pieces. However, it's often difficult to find spare tiles if there weren't any set aside when the original installation was done or if the unused ones no longer match the rest because they haven't taken the same wear and tear damage over time. If there's not a perfect match available, the entire surface will likely need tile replacement.
Why Choose Mr. Handyman For Tile Repair in Wichita, KS?
We are proud to be Wichita, KS’s local handyman team, bringing many years of experience in helping local customers maintain a safe and comfortable home.
- Certified technicians who are skilled, bonded and insured
- Quality workmanship guaranteed
- Excellent customer service with guaranteed customer satisfaction
- In-house consultation and inspections
- Upfront pricing system with no hidden fees
- Neighborly Done Right Promise™ backed by Neighborly— the world’s leading home service franchise
- Every job includes a thorough cleanup with no mess left behind
With Mr. Handyman’s professional approach, you’ll get peace of mind knowing that every detail is taken care of, so you’re guaranteed long-term results with increased comfort.
Frequently Asked Questions About Tile Replacement and Tile Repair in Wichita KS
Are Tile Services Really Necessary?
You know what's best for your property and household, no doubt about that. But there are some big advantages to calling your local handyman services to take care of tile replacement or tile repair. Wichita, KS property owners benefit in these key ways:
- Prevent Water Damage: When pieces are damaged, they let water seep into the cracks and cause big water damage problems like wood rot. Tile repair or replacement will protect your wall substrate or subfloor from moisture damage, so you don't have to worry about it.
- Improve the Appearance of Your Home: Problems like broken pieces are unattractive and can really hurt the design appeal of your house. Our experienced team in Wichita can erase the damage with the right tile repair or replacement strategy.
- Avoid Getting Injured: Cracked or missing pieces have sharp edges that can cause tripping or cut your foot. Tile replacement or repair services will give you peace of mind that your flooring system is in safe, sturdy condition and doesn't pose any risk of injury to you or others.
There are many popular types out there with different density and maintenance needs. Some may have a rough surface, whereas others have a smooth surface. But to determine when you need repair or replacement, it’s best to have a trusted handyman that brings the knowledge and expertise to properly inspect any issues.
Can I Do Tile Repair Myself?
If you have some degree of experience with home repair projects in Wichita, you can likely handle minor chips and hairline crack repairs in ceramic or porcelain. More involved projects, such as replacing an entire tile, may look easy, but they do require a practiced hand to make the results look good. We've all seen poorly-installed floor and wall surfaces, and they tend to stick out like a sore thumb. Unfortunately, that system needed immediate replacement. So if you've never done it before, you can save yourself time and money by letting the pros tackle it from the start.
How Much Does Tile Repair in Wichita, KS Cost?
This highly depends on the type of damage you have. Hairline cracks and other small cracks are easy to treat, whereas a water line leak behind your shower walls could lead to costly repairs. The best way for our service professionals to determine the issue is to schedule an in-home inspection, so we can measure the scope of work that’s required. Once we have gathered all the details, we’ll be able to provide you with upfront pricing. Sometimes, our technicians detect underlying issues that need to be addressed, and it can involve a tile replacement service which will be more costly than repairs.
Is Tile Repair Enough, Or Do I Need Tile Replacement?
We're often asked which is best, and the answer depends on the extent of the damage. If it's widespread across the entire surface, repair just isn't going to be sufficient to deal with it. But if it's localized to one area and not severe, tile repair should be enough to get your surface back in good shape. Likewise, if the area underneath your tiles is damaged from a different issue such as something requiring plumbing repair, than full replacement will likely be necessary.
Common types like ceramic require more regular maintenance than others. If ignored, it’s easy to encounter stain issues and water damage. That’s when tile replacement is inevitable.
Do You Need Tile Repair? Wichita, KS Residents, Call Your Local Handyman!
Homeowners and business owners in Wichita and parts of the surrounding area such as Derby, Andover or Augusta don't need to look far for reliable home repair, maintenance and installation services—Mr. Handyman of the Wichita Metro Area is right around the corner!
Don’t rely on inefficient contractors. Instead, pick up the phone to contact Mr. Handyman to book a service appointment or learn more about our other handyman services for everything from tile repair and replacement to masonry services.