We are a locally owned and operated business, and as such, our team of service providers takes great pride in serving the homeowners of Goose Creek and nearby communities such as Johns Island, Moncks Corner and Ladson with expert craftsmanship and outstanding customer service. We offer a wide range of Goose Creek handyman services that are designed to make your home more comfortable, livable and appealing, from the front porch to the backyard deck.
Are you a business owner in Goose Creek who needs business maintenance and repair services for your commercial property? Our expert handyman services aren't just for residential properties. Whether you operate a large chain of corporate businesses or just one little independent coffee shop, you need to stay focused on pleasing your customers and growing your business success. We can help you do exactly that by taking the burden of property maintenance off your shoulders with our commercial services.
Interested in finding out more about our popular services in Goose Creek, or have questions about a project that has been on your mind? Give us a call to speak with our friendly customer service representatives and get all your questions answered quickly and easily, or read on for more information about a few of our featured Goose Creek handyman services.
GOOSE CREEK DRYWALL REPAIR
How much time do you spend thinking about drywall? If you're a typical Goose Creek homeowner or business owner, it rarely (if ever) crosses your mind. Even though we spend all day surrounded by it, it is meant to fade right into the background. But when it has suffered damage like moisture stains, holes or cracks, suddenly everyone is looking right at the problem area whenever they enter the room.
Drywall damage is unsightly, but it also makes your home uncomfortable in ways that have nothing to do with appearance, and it can also inflate the charges on your monthly energy bill. Here are some of the unpleasant effects of damaged drywall in Goose Creek, SC:
- Holes and cracks allow warm or cool air to get inside the walls, increasing the air volume your HVAC system needs to cover and forcing it to operate for longer to keep your home at the temperature on your thermostat. Your HVAC system already uses a considerable amount of energy, so that extra work results in noticeably higher energy charges on your utility bill.
- Drywall contains fire retardant additives to make it less flammable. That makes it more difficult for flames to travel from room to room and can help to keep fire contained until it can be put out. If the drywall is compromised, it's protective qualities are too and the damage can allow a house fire to spread faster.
- Broken drywall decreases sound separation between rooms, which means you can hear every whisper and footstep from the next room. That's incredibly aggravating in a multi-family dwelling such as an apartment building or condo, but it's also pretty irritating if you just happen to live with someone who likes to crank up the tunes.
- On a commercial business property, signs of damage and disrepair, such as wallboard repair issues, can cause your business to lose credibility in the eyes of your customers and take their money elsewhere. Our service technicians can restore your walls to a smooth, even condition so your customer can stay focused on your products or services.
From a basic repair for a small hole to replacing entire panels that have suffered damage, our Goose Creek handyman team will take care of the whole drywall repair process from start to finish. That includes joint taping, mudding, sanding and refinishing the wall so the repair is completely invisible. We'll also clean up after ourselves when we're done and can even rehang your framed pictures and drapes for the final touches.
GOOSE CREEK DOOR INSTALLATION & REPAIR
Your exterior doors are the first point of contact for a visitor to your Goose Creek property, so they should look good and function well. But they also need to be in great condition to protect your house or commercial building from damage caused by harsh weather, wildlife attacks and even intruders. If your doors are in rough shape, they may be increasing your energy costs and making your home less comfortable. They can also let in excess moisture that causes water damage problems such as wood rot and can spread to other parts of the house.
You may be wondering if your exterior door needs to be replaced, or if it just needs repair services from a professional handyman. We've found that the answer usually depends on the nature and extent of the damage. If you have some minor issues like scuffs or small spots of rust, or need one damaged component such as a handle replaced, repairs are likely going to be sufficient to get your door back in great condition. But if the damage is more severe or widespread, replacement might actually be the more cost-effective choice. Multiple repairs would be time-consuming, and a door with many repaired areas is not going to be as strong as a new installation.
Here are some warning signs that your Goose Creek property needs door repairs or a new door installation:
- Door is difficult to open and close
- Visible light around the edges of the door
- Cold air drafts coming from the door frame
- Rotten wood on the jamb, sill or door itself
- Squeaky or rusted hinges
- Hinges are loose and wobbly
- Insect damage, which may look like a maze of holes or channels on the surface of a wood door
- Window in door is foggy because of condensation trapped between panes
- Damage from vandalism or forced entry
- Frame is warped from house shifting and settling over time
Whatever is causing the problems with your door, our team of handyman experts knows what to do to get your residential or commercial building back in excellent shape with door replacement or repair. Our door services in Goose Creek include:
- Storm damage repair
- Threshold repair
- Lock repair
- Repairing external leaks
- Screen door repair
- Exterior door installation
- Commercial door repair & installation, including automatic & revolving doors
ELECTRICAL & PLUMBING INSTALLATIONS IN GOOSE CREEK, SC
If you've got a to-do list of repair, maintenance and improvement chores that includes some basic plumbing and electrical work, you don't have to go through the hassle of hiring an electrician, a plumber and multiple other contractors. In fact, that's one of the biggest advantages of working with Mr. Handyman of Charleston and Summerville—our professional handymen are licensed to do plumbing and electrical work, so we can repair a leaking faucet, replace a light fixture and handle other projects all in one appointment. That saves you time, money and stress.
Most people take their plumbing system for granted, but it needs help from time to time to continue functioning efficiently. Problems like a dripping faucet or toilet that rocks when you sit on it may not seem like that big of a deal, but they can spiral into bigger issues like an increased water bill or hidden plumbing leak. Our Goose Creek plumbing services include:
- Faucet repair & installation
- Sink installation & repair
- Repairing minor plumbing leaks
- Toilet repair & installation
- Sump pump installation
- Pipe insulation
Whether you're looking for ways to reduce your energy costs, you want to upgrade your fixtures or you need basic electrical repairs, we can cross those tasks off your list too. Our Goose Creek electrical services include:
- Ceiling fan installation & repair
- Installing motion detectors, dimmers & timers
- Installing or checking difficult-to-reach smoke detectors & carbon monoxide detectors
- Light fixture installation & repair
- Repairing sockets & loose or damaged wall switches
Did you know that ceiling fan installation may be able to save you some money on your energy bill? A ceiling fan can change the temperature in a room by as much as four or five degrees Fahrenheit simply by improving air circulation. It stirs up cool air that settles near the floor, and pushes down warm air that rises to the ceiling. That means you can set your thermostat four degrees cooler in the winter or four degrees warmer in the summer and the room will still be at your preferred temperature. Operating a ceiling fan is about 36 times cheaper than operating your air conditioner, so giving your HVAC system a break by running a ceiling fan can make a significant difference in how much you have to pay for energy.
GOOSE CREEK DRYER VENT CLEANING
An automatic clothes dryer is a major convenience—anyone who has ever had to hang laundry on a clothesline to dry can attest to that. But few homeowners realize their dryer needs something from them to continue operating safely and efficiently: professional dryer vent cleaning.
Not sure if your dryer is due for vent cleaning? Here are the telltale signs that indicate it needs professional attention:
- Clothes take longer than about 30 to 45 minutes to dry
- You need to run the dryer more than once to get a single load dry
- There's visible lint gathered around the dryer vent opening outside
- Fabric is very hot or has a musty smell when you take it out of the dryer
- It's been more than one year since it was last cleaned
It's hard to say exactly how often your dryer vent needs to be cleaned, because some families use their dryer once per week while others run it multiple times per day. That being said, once per year is usually sufficient for a single-family house. A multi-family dwelling with shared facilities or a large family who produces a lot of laundry may need service as frequently as every six months.
Mr. Handyman is Your Local Repair and Maintenance Expert in Goose Creek, SC!
Tired of looking at that long, unmanageable to-do list? Leave it in the hands of the service professionals at Mr. Handyman of Charleston and Summerville, and we'll get every task crossed off efficiently so you can sit back and relax in a beautiful, well-appointed, perfectly functioning home or business.
Get in contact with us today by picking up the phone and calling to make a service request for a convenient appointment time, or to chat with our knowledgeable customer service staff about why we are considered the number one choice for dependable Goose Creek handyman services!