To book your ceiling fan installation in Boulder, CO, give our office a call, or keep reading to learn more about what our ceiling fan installation service involves and why so many Boulder homeowners choose to use Mr. Handyman for their home service needs.
Our Professional Ceiling Fan Installation Services: What To Expect
Though you can easily pick up a ceiling fan at your local hardware store for a little fuss, the installation process is another matter entirely. For one, getting up on a step ladder is a risky business and can be especially dangerous without a spotter or a helping hand. Secondly, there are several steps involved in a Boulder ceiling fan installation, making the process slow and tedious if you’re not familiar with it. Thirdly, ceiling fan wiring can be complicated when you’re unfamiliar with the different wires. If you identify with any of these challenges, it’s a good idea to leave this job to our experienced, trained, and insured Boulder service professionals.
Our Boulder handyman experts have installed so many ceiling fans over the years that there’s no ceiling fan they can’t handle putting together. Some of the factors your Boulder service professional will consider when installing your ceiling fan include:
- Ceiling height
- Special considerations for sloped ceilings
- Whether it’s just a fan or a fan with lights
- Whether motor assembly is required
Though we tailor each of our Boulder ceiling fan installation services to the customer’s unique needs, you can expect your own service appointment to follow these general steps:
- Arrival and introductions. When your service professional arrives at your door, they’ll be there on time and in uniform. You’ll see their red Mr. Handyman vehicle parked out front so there will be no confusion as to whether or not they’re affiliated with our team. Upon arrival, your handyman will introduce themselves to you and reiterate what they’re there to do. After slipping on some booties to protect your floors, they’ll follow you to the room where you want your ceiling fan installed. Note: We don’t supply ceiling fans. We ask our customers to have their new fans purchased and on-site for installation.
- Project set-up. Because our Boulder ceiling fan installation service involves working with electrical wiring, we’ll need to turn off your power. After shutting down power, we’ll test to ensure that there are no live wires. In most cases, our customers already have an existing lighting installation where they’d like their new fan to go. In this case, we’ll remove this fixture first.
- Installation. Following the steps below, we’ll wire your fan and secure it to your ceiling. We’ll also test it to ensure everything works properly.
- Clean-up and departure. Your Boulder handyman will demonstrate the final result for your approval before cleaning up after themselves and leaving. We’re sure you’ll be fully satisfied with the result, but if our workmanship doesn’t meet your expectations, simply contact us within a year of your installation, and we’ll make it right.
CEILING FAN INSTALLATION IN BOULDER CO – STEP-BY-STEP
As we mentioned, ceiling fan installation is an incredibly complex process. The exception to this is quick-install fans, which have components that quickly snap into place. Most products, however, do not fit this bill. If you require a more traditional ceiling fan installation in Boulder, CO, you can expect your Boulder handyman to follow these general steps:
- Junction box mounting. First, your expert handyman will ensure that the junction box, also called a ceiling fan box, currently in place is strong enough to support the weight of your new fan. If not, it will need a replacement and be mounted to your ceiling joists. Verifying this is essential for safety reasons.
- Ceiling bracket mounting. Next, they’ll attach the bracket to the junction box. It will either slide into place or require bolts, but regardless, your unit should come with the required hardware. All wiring inside of your ceiling will be pulled through this mount for easy access.
- Downrod positioning. Depending on your ceiling's height and whether or not it’s sloped, you may need a download installed between the mount and the fan. Your handyman will calculate the optimal distance from the ground and set up your download accordingly.
- Wiring. Your Boulder handyman will match up all the wires on the fan with the wiring in your ceiling, including black wires, white wires, green wires, and ground wires. They’ll use wire cutters or wire strippers for this job, and to secure these wires together, they’ll also use wire nuts.
- Blade assembly. Finally, your service professional will use hardware and a power drill to connect blade brackets and ceiling fan blades, and blades to the motor.
In the image above, you can see the before and after of one of our installations. Our client had us replace their existing fan with a new, modern-style ceiling fan. As you can see, their ceiling was sloped, requiring the use of a download to achieve proper clearance and optimal airflow.
Though each of the above steps can be more technical than we’ve described them, you can trust your Mr. Handyman service technicians to do what needs to be done to complete your Boulder ceiling installation safely, properly, and efficiently.
What Makes Mr. Handyman Stand Out
Since setting up shop, we’ve successfully serviced commercial and residential property owners not just in Boulder, but in many surrounding communities such as Dacono, Frederick, and Broomfield as well. We continue to be one of the leading choices not just for ceiling repair in Boulder, CO, and the surrounding area but for other interior and exterior home services as well. Some of the reasons our customers keep coming back to us and recommending us to their friends and family time and time again include:
- Offering on-site, no-obligation cost estimates to come up with accurate project pricing
- Providing top-notch service to all our customers, no matter how big or small their project is
- Being transparent and honest in everything we do
- Offering affordable services at prices that are fair to both our experienced service professionals and customers
- Providing a one-year workmanship warranty
If you think our Boulder ceiling fan installation service is right for you, give our office a call to discuss your project further and schedule your service appointment.
Boulder Ceiling Fan Installation FAQs
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CEILING FANS?
The primary benefit of getting a ceiling fan installation in Boulder, CO done is the impact it has on your home’s energy efficiency. Though these fans typically use electricity (unless installed outside with a solar panel), they use far less energy than an air conditioner and increase air circulation and air movement in the room it is installed in, making this room more comfortable in all seasons while reducing energy costs.
CAN I INSTALL A CEILING FAN BY MYSELF?
You certainly can, however, unless you’re an avid DIY enthusiast, you may wish to leave this job to our local pros. As stated above, this project can be complex and even dangerous if you don’t take the time to learn all the recommended safety precautions and procedures beforehand.
WHAT SHOULD I CONSIDER WHEN PURCHASING A CEILING FAN?
Some of the factors you’ll want to consider when shopping for products prior to your Boulder ceiling fan installation service include:
- Fan type. Are you looking for a modern ceiling fan? Or maybe you’re looking for outdoor ceiling fans? Having an idea before beginning your shopping can help you narrow down your options and make your selection less overwhelming. Shop around and look at different materials used to create a high-quality fan blade. Generally, 3-blade units can create cool air, whereas 4- to 5-blade units are designed to circulate air.
- Energy rating. Though they may have a slightly higher purchase price, products that are highly energy efficient will save you money on utility bills in the long run.
- Wired or battery-powered. If you have wiring installed already, you should be able to connect it to your wall switches. Without any wiring or the help of an electrician, look into battery-powered units that come with handheld remote controls.
- Square footage of space. You’ll need to know the square footage of your room to determine the correct blade diameter. When shopping, ask the store associate for product recommendations based on your square footage.
- Ceiling height. Likewise, your fan should be around 8 to 9 feet above the floor for optimal air circulation. A downrod may be used to achieve this in rooms with high ceilings.
IS IT BETTER TO HAVE LICENSED ELECTRICIANS INSTALL A CEILING FAN?
If you need additional wiring installed to connect your fan to light switches in a room without existing fixtures, you’ll need electrical services provided by a licensed electrician. If the wiring is already in place, our handyman team can install it for you. Generally, any electrical needs, such as checking the electrical panel or creating new outlets, require certified pros.
Reduce Your Energy Bills By Booking Our Boulder Ceiling Fan Installation Service Today!
Whether you want to reduce your energy bills and improve airflow in a residential or commercial space, our handyman team’s Boulder ceiling fan installation service is here to help!
To inquire about a no-obligation in-person estimate or to book your service appointment, get in touch with our outstanding administrative team today by phone or by filling out our online contact form. We look forward to welcoming you into the Mr. Handyman family!