What Do Knoxville Window Repair Services Include?
When it comes to window repair, Knoxville, TN homeowners often find out how important it is to get it taken care of as soon as possible. Windows are literal holes in the exterior shell of your building, which means they are major weak points that can make your house a lot less energy efficient by allowing for heat transfer. By calling your Knoxville handyman for reliable repair services, you could actually save a significant amount of money over time because your windows will be more capable of resisting the transfer of thermal energy.
Our Window Repair Services
- Glass Replacement: When you're dealing with cracked or broken glass panes, the only real solution is to replace them. However, it is usually not necessary to replace the frame—as long as it's in good condition, we’re able to insert a new insulated glass unit (IGU) into your existing window frame.
- Sash Repair: If you're struggling to get your unit open and closed, it's likely related to the sash. Whether it's warped and softened by water exposure or has some other issue that is causing it to not fit into the frame properly anymore, we’ll find the right window repair solution to get it gliding open and shut with a gentle push.
- Trim Repair: Trims such as frames, window sills, muntins and mullions are often made from wood, meaning they're vulnerable to moisture damage caused by water incursion through a deteriorated frame. We’ll remove the rotted material and replace it with new wood or fill the gaps with epoxy wood filler, then paint over it to conceal the repair.
- Caulking: Caulk is a crucial part of any window installation service because it's needed to seal off the gap between the frame and the rough opening in the wall, making the installation air and watertight. But caulk doesn't last forever, and when it deteriorates, it causes most of the problems we've mentioned above. We'll take care of the caulking service to make sure your house is properly sealed.
Why Choose Mr. Handyman for Window Repair, Knoxville TN?
When you call the team of window repair experts at Mr. Handyman of West Knoxville, you can trust us to deliver an outstanding quality of workmanship combined with first-class customer service. We pride ourselves on being of service to our local communities in and around Knoxville, which is why we always offer an upfront, honest price and a warranty on workmanship so homeowners can rest assured they're getting the best. We also offer a wide range of other maintenance, repair and installation services, including window screen repair, flooring installation, pressure washing and door repairs.
Frequently Asked Questions About Window Repair
How Do I Know If My House Needs Window Repair?
Not sure of the warning signs that you need window repair? Knoxville, TN residents should be aware of and watch for the following indications that something's not right:
- Frame is leaking moisture
- Chilly drafts of air from unit
- Crumbling, soft wood on frames, sills and sashes
- Difficult to open and close unit
- Flaking wood stain or paint
- Poor sound separation
- Insects invading through damaged frame or screen
These types of issues aren't just making your home less comfortable for you and your family. They're also clear signs that your property is not preventing heat transfer and your energy costs are higher than they need to be. When you hire the Knoxville window repair pros at Mr. Handyman, you can rest assured that we'll get the problem solved.
Can Window Repair Really Lower My Energy Bills?
Suppose your unit has some issues that are making it less energy efficient, such as a damaged frame that's letting in cold air drafts. In that case, you will likely see a noticeable difference in your energy costs after window repair. Knoxville, TN households can really benefit from getting those units back in great condition, so they're more capable of withstanding energy transfer. If you still have single pane windows installed, it's also well worth considering having insulated glass replacement windows put in. They'll save you money, make your home more comfortable, and reduce your carbon footprint at the same time.
Why Is My Double Pane Window Always Fogged Up?
If you've got a double pane unit that always looks fogged up or misty because there's condensation trapped between the panes, that's a sign of a broken seal around the glass and the unit isn't as energy efficient as it once was. While foggy window repair is technically possible, it's difficult to restore a seal around an insulated glass unit and the repair will probably be temporary. In light of that, it's generally more cost effective just to replace the glass unit altogether.
Time for Window Repair? Knoxville, TN Can Rely On Mr. Handyman
Are you looking for window repair near me in Knoxville or another nearby area of Tennessee, such as Oak Ridge or Powell? Look no further than the experienced team of handyman experts at Mr. Handyman of West Knoxville. With our professional service, you’ll get the peace of mind knowing that we’ll get the job done right.
Get in contact with our friendly staff today to find out more about our dependable handyman services or to speak with our friendly customer service about booking an appointment.