Fascia is a completely underrated feature of home design. Without it, there would be gaps between your roof and soffit, leaving room for pests, moisture, and wood rot to creep inside. Once you realize how important this element is for the protection of your home, you'll understand why a Knoxville fascia repair service is so crucial for local residents.
Fascia is situated at the top of your home, and it isn't exactly easy to access. Instead of teetering on a ladder attempting your own repair, why not trust an experienced Knoxville handyman for the job? Mr. Handyman of West Knoxville is your local, reliable home improvement and repair company, specializing in a wide range of services.
Want to learn more about our Knoxville fascia repair services? Read on to discover what's entailed in the process, or call our knowledgeable customer service team
Our Excellent Knoxville Fascia Repair Services
Fascia doubles as a form of protection and a design feature for your home. You won't find a house without it unless it's unfinished. So what exactly goes into the service, and how will you know you need it? A few signs you'll need Knoxville fascia repair include spotting wood rot, cracks, holes, or fading in the material that results from UV damage, extreme weather, or a leaky roof.
While fascia is designed to withstand the elements, it's not totally impervious to them. The sun, wind, and rain can eventually wear the material down, leading to complex and basic exterior issues that lessen your home's energy efficiency and create opportunities for bugs or water to make their way inside. While inspecting your fascia, we'll also take a look at your gutter systems and roofline to ensure they are not the cause of the issues.
Types Of Fascia We Repair
- Wood: Wood rot is a serious problem in West Knoxville, and it is caused by moisture. Because your fascia is located outside, it runs the risk of mold rot year-round–especially if the wood has a crack or has not been sealed properly. If you detect signs of crumbling anywhere on your fascia, you likely are facing this issue. In your Knoxville fascia repair service, we'll either cut out the wood rot or replace the entire section before sealing it and painting it correctly to protect the board from water damage.
- PVC: One of the more affordable board installation options for your fascia, PVC is impervious to wood rot, so naturally, it is a great choice for local homes. You'll likely encounter UV damage and color fading with this board material, along with cracks or dents. We'll need to replace any damaged sections of PVC or use specialized materials to fix up cracks.
- Vinyl: Made from plastic, this tough material is very popular for both fascia and siding. It can withstand the high temperatures in Knoxville and doesn't take on a lot of damage. The main issues this material will encounter include cracks, color fading, and dents. Color fading is a sign of UV damage which can wear down the durability of your fascia with time. Better to repair it now than to put your home at risk in the future.
- Hardie Board: A type of high-quality material from the James Hardie company, this durable, long-lasting material is a popular choice for East Tennessee homeowners. Made from a mixture of sand, cement, and cellulose fibers, it's a top choice made by homeowners looking to blend durability with aesthetics.
- Aluminum: You may have chosen aluminum siding or fascia for your home for aesthetic appeal. If so, you'll likely experience dents in the material with time. A total replacement of the affected section will be required in your repair service. After, you'll notice improved attic ventilation issues and improved indoor air quality.
If you aren't sure if you need Knoxville fascia repair, but want to know for certain your home is energy efficient and protected from moisture damage and pests, give our expert team a call. We're more than happy to inspect the entire exterior of your home for concerning signs.
Why Choose Mr. Handyman of West Knoxville For Fascia Repair
Your Knoxville fascia repair service isn't something you should hire just anyone for. It also isn't a job you should take on yourself. Depending on the type of material you have for your fascia, you could be dealing with complex issues such as wood rot and water damage—two circumstances that need to be handled by a professional to ensure they don't come back to haunt you.
When you hire Mr. Handyman of West Knoxville, you're getting a full inspection along with your Knoxville fascia repair. We want to ensure your home does not continuously suffer from the same issues again and again, and that's why the type of service we offer is more thorough than the other guys. With rain gutter inspection and checks over your soffit boards and siding, you'll have total peace of mind after we're done.
With a minimum of ten years of experience among our expert handymen, we're the top choice among homeowners in Knoxville. You'll notice the difference our courteous, reliable, and friendly company makes as soon as you pick up the phone and call us. Interested in other remodeling & exterior home improvement services? Ask us about our door repair, fence repair, gutter cleaning, and even mailbox repairs to totally elevate the appearance of your home.
FAQs About Fascia Repair Knoxville, TN Homeowners Should Note
What Is Fascia?
Fascia is the name for a material that holds other materials together. We like to think of it as the glue that protects your home from the risk of pest and moisture invasion, as well as one that can help you lower your utility bills and improve the quality and comfort indoors. Fascia connects your entire roof and regular or seamless gutter systems to your wood or vinyl siding and soffit, so in other words, it's an incredibly valuable feature for Knoxville homes. This means that repairs should never be neglected. From preventing roof leaks that cause gallons of water to flood your basement, this one easy service brings with it many benefits.
Should I Get a Knoxville Fascia Repair or Replacement?
Whether you get Knoxville fascia repair or replacement depends on the condition of your fascia. The only way to tell which is the most appropriate course of action is to get your home inspected by a professional. If there are numerous problems, or if there is more than 50% damage to the entirety of the feature, we'll likely recommend a replacement. In the case of wood rot, you can expect us to recommend replacement if the rot is in more than one location.
What Are the Two Most Common Problems With Fascia and Soffit?
Fascia and soffit may at first seem like the same thing, but they are totally different parts. However, they do similar things. The soffit is found on the underside of your roofing, while the fascia is on the edge, facing outwards. Because fascia is outwards facing, it will get more sun exposure and thus will encounter a ton of UV damage. Both of these essential components will be susceptible to water damage as well, which is why properly sealing and painting them is so important. Our Knoxville handyman team may also offer gutter repair or roof repair to prevent damage in the future and recommend gutter guards.
Don't Let Pests & Moisture In – Call Us For Knoxville Fascia Repair To Protect Your Home!
When the fascia board becomes damaged, your home will be put at risk of moisture damage, pest invasion, and higher utility bills. Calling Mr. Handyman of West Knoxville for Knoxville fascia repair can safeguard your home or commercial property quickly.
Whether you're in Maryville, Oak Ridge, or Alcoa, home and business owners can rely on our expert team for professional services that not only protect your home but also give it major curb appeal! Call us today to learn how we can help increase the livability of your home with other popular handyman services, including deck repair, pressure washing, and siding repair.