For your interior walls to remain stable, efficient, and aesthetically pleasing, you can count on your local Boulder handyman. Mr. Handyman of E Boulder, Broomfield & Erie is an experienced drywall repair company in Boulder that has helped many locals recover their four walls effectively and efficiently. All of our service technicians are highly trained, bonded, criminal record checked, and insured. They bring an average of ten years of experience in home maintenance, minor to major home repairs, and improvement, as well as installation projects. So when it comes to any handyman service we perform, your home is in safe hands, including with our drywall repair in Boulder, CO! When you are ready to upgrade the repair service in your home, reach out to our local professional experts and book your appointment today! Your home deserves perfection, and we are here to help deliver it.
Common Issues Mr. Handyman Solves With Drywall Repairs in Boulder, CO
In modern construction, it’s a godsend to have high-quality materials that are durable and cost-effective. Cost-effective not only because the material is easy to manufacture and purchase but also because it’s lightweight and easy to install. This way, property owners can enjoy quality materials while saving money on labor.
Despite its versatility and numerous benefits, drywall is not unbreakable. In fact, it’s sensitive to moisture and heavy impacts. If you are not careful, you’ll be calling for a drywall repair service in Boulder in no time. Homeowners may not instantly detect damage or understand its severity. In extreme cases, the damage could affect your insulation system and even compromise your home’s structural integrity, depending on where the damage comes from and what else is affected.
But, with Mr. Handyman’s drywall repair in Boulder, you can avoid all the complications that come from problems like these:
Holes In Drywall:
Holes may occur from former pictures and TV mounts but could also be the result of moving furniture. Sometimes, holes result in worse damage and other problems if your insulation is also affected by damaged house siding. During our siding repair services, we sometimes detect damage that ate its way into a home’s interior, requiring new wall insulation, as well as drywall repair. Our Boulder handyman team has the skills to inspect and repair these issues.
If your drywall is cold to the touch, it’s likely exposed to the elements, or whatever damage your siding has, it might be spreading onto your drywall, decreasing its efficiency. Holes can occur, and it will be more prone to minor accidents. The three most common types of hole-related damage we experience during drywall repair in Boulder include:
- Popped Nails: This is not the nail that was used to hold a picture but an interior drywall screw designed to hold your drywall studs. Keep an eye out for protruding nails that look like they’re breaking through the surface. This is more than cosmetic, as it could compromise the panel’s overall stability. Rather than covering it up with a layer of compound, try to remove the nail with pliers or even tap it back into the wall stud, followed by adding additional nails to increase stability.
- Termites: Boulder homeowners who worry about their wooden doors, decks, or fences have to worry about their drywall too! Termites also feed on cellulose, which includes paper. Holes are the perfect gateway for termites to access the core and start feeding. Signs of termites include beige-colored mud tunnels on the surface that look like a maze. Unfortunately, it’s too late to patch that hole. A natural way to kill termites is by applying boric acid, which will dehydrate them instantly. Next, our experts in drywall repair in Boulder will be more than happy to help you replace the affected panel with our installation services.
- Rodents: Mice also feed on cellulose and might be even faster and more aggressive at doing that. We recommend that you call your local pest control agency first and secure the damaged area for drywall repair in Boulder. Our service providers will provide you with a brand-new piece of drywall to restore that wall’s original looks and functions after the pests and rodents have been dealt with.
This damage may need some in-depth coverage because there are a number of serious issues that could be the culprit. In newer houses that are about five years old, cracks can be common as a result of settling. It may start with a hairline crack or, worse, a 45-degree angle crack. This could occur on your exterior or interior walls and should be treated immediately before potential harsh weather conditions access those cracks and trigger interior damage.
Your local professional highly recommends consulting a foundation specialist to determine the type of house settlement you have before starting your drywall repair in Boulder. They have a special calculation and measurement system to identify whether you have a safe, uniform settlement where all corners of your house have settled evenly. Even if your house is tilting because only one corner has sunk, it’s still considered a safe settlement as long as your concrete foundation is intact. However, serious problems arise if you have a differential settlement, which means parts of your foundation have shifted or dropped. In that case, you will know when you see large vertical or stair-like cracks on your walls or on your exterior structure. Although these incidents are rare, they are still possible, and you’ll need more than just a drywall repair in Boulder. Our handyman team advises that you check your warranty documents and call your home insurance company.
Climate and soil conditions will often determine how your foundation settles. Luckily, Colorado’s soil is primarily composed of Seitz soil, a slowly permeable soil that came from magmatic, volcanic rocks. Compared to other clay-like soils, Seitz is very well-drained and consistent.
Got a few hairline cracks inside your home, and you need your Boulder handyman to investigate? No problem, we’re all geared up for efficient drywall repair in Boulder, CO. As a homeowner, you can trust our judgment. If we think it’s something more serious, we will refer you to our contracted specialists! Give us a call when you notice the following types of cracks:
- Drywall cracks in your living room
- Wall cracks in a basement
- Cracks on a door or window frame
- Cracked trim (such as baseboards or crown molding)
Our expert service technicians will come out and assess the situation and help restore our walls, ceiling, and any other area that might need a drywall repair in Boulder. When enlisting our help early on, you avoid costly repairs down the road.
This is probably the most unpleasant type of damage there is because it often indicates other, more serious problems. Perhaps you have a busted water line or undetected water damage on your siding that’s eating its way through your sheathing and interior walls.
It’s extremely important to periodically check your outdoor living space for signs of faults. For example, you might have had an ice dam last winter because of poor home insulation. Or clogged gutters that were holding debris and standing water. During snowmelt season, you might experience leaky gutters because the heavyweight might loosen the sections. This leaves watermarks on your siding. If you have untreated cracks, they will allow water to intrude and wreak havoc on your home.
Although gypsum can hold a small amount of moisture, it needs to dry immediately before it gets a chance to cause damage or attract rodents. Experiencing a leaky ceiling due to bad weather? Ceiling repair is essential. Don’t wait until moisture damage or decreased home insulation leads to costly repairs. Instead, count on our local handyman for expert drywall repair in Boulder. Our team will also take care of necessary exterior repairs.
Why Choose Mr. Handyman For Your Drywall Repair Service In Boulder?
Mr. Handyman of E Boulder, Broomfield & Erie is your locally owned and operated handyman business, and we pride ourselves on being your one-stop shop for all your handyman needs. DIY repair knowledge is a know-how that is good to have, but it takes a lot of personal time that you can’t afford to lose. Our handyman service technicians are not only experts in home improvement and minor house repairs, but they’re also experienced drywall contractors who provide quality workmanship. Besides repairs, count on our local pros to deliver excellent interior painting and texture services!
Some of the top reasons we have become one of the highly-rated local pros are:
- All our technicians arrive on time, every time for any scheduled service.
- We ensure the job is done right the first time, so sure of our abilities we offer a guarantee on all our workmanship and parts.
- We offer a vast range of handyman services, from repair, maintenance, and improvement services.
- Our team of professionals will clean up every time when we are done.
- Technicians all have an average of ten years of experience in the trades
- Every technician is fully insured for your safety
- Offering a wide range of residential and commercial services all within the same local company—one call truly does it all!
At Mr. Handyman, we always go all the way, so you’re never left with a job half done. Why not rely on a local professional who guarantees to get the job done right the first time? Your house and peace of mind deserve it!
FAQs On Your Drywall Repair in Boulder, CO
As your local professionals in drywall repair in Boulder, we’d like to inform our customers about routine maintenance. That’s especially true when it is minor patching jobs that you can complete within half an hour. During a drywall repair in Boulder, we get lots of interesting questions. This shows us how eager our clients are to learn to care for their walls.
However, when moving on to more complex tasks, you will need to reach out to a professional who not only completes the job but can leave a seamless finish. We will always strive to exceed your expectations.
We’ve compiled this list of the most common questions we have been asked below. If there are still lingering questions or you want to book your own service, we are happy to help. Call us today!
What is the Meaning of Sheetrock?
Drywall is often referred to as Sheetrock—which is a common brand name for a type of drywall made by the USG Corporation, a company that is active in manufacturing and construction, specializing in wallboard distribution and a myriad of gypsum products. Unlike its predecessor, plaster, Sheetrock is made of gypsum minerals that are layered between two thick paper sheets. The average thickness is 1/2 inch, but it can also vary in thickness depending on what you need it for. It’s naturally fire-resistant thanks to the use of glass fibers and other non-combustible additives and materials. Therefore, it is a common material used by our technicians when they are conducting a drywall repair in Boulder, CO.
What Do You Use For Efficient Drywall Repair Service In Boulder?
It really varies depending on the type of repair needed. From patching small holes to replacing panels, our Boulder drywall repair technicians will make sure to bring:
- Joint compound (drywall compound)
- Paper tape, joint tape (drywall tape)
- Drywall replacement panels
- Drywall anchors and screws
- Wood furring strips
- Sanding pads
- Pencil and chalk
- Dust mask
- Safety glasses
- Putty knife (six-inch)
- Taping knife
- Drywall knife and saw
- Staple gun with staples
How Do You Deal With Small to Medium-Size Holes During My Drywall Repair in Boulder, CO?
When it comes to addressing a smaller hole in your drywall, our professionals follow a systematic approach to ensure a seamless repair and finish. Here’s how a typical process would unfold:
- Assessment: Our handyman would begin by assessing the size, depth, and location of the hole. This evaluation helps determine the appropriate materials and techniques needed for the repair.
- Preparation: The area around the hole would be cleared of any debris or loose drywall material. This ensures a clean surface to work on and promotes better adhesion of the repair materials.
- Patch Application: For smaller holes, our experts might use a pre-made patch kit or create a patch from a piece of scrap drywall. The patch is placed over the hole and secured in place using a joint compound.
- Taping & Mudding: A coat of mud, also known as a joint compound, is applied over the patch to conceal its edges and create a smooth surface. Drywall tape is placed over the seams to ensure a strong bond and prevent cracks from forming.
- Layering & Sanding: Multiple layers of joint compound are applied, allowing each layer to dry before the next is added. Between layers, we will carefully sand the area to achieve a smooth and even finish.
- Priming & Painting: Once the patched area is completely dry and smooth, we will apply a primer to prepare the surface for painting. After priming, our skilled technicians would add a finishing coat of paint to the repaired section to match the rest of the wall.
- Final Inspection: At the completion of every service, we will take the time to inspect the repair closely, ensuring that it blends seamlessly with the surrounding wall. Any imperfections are addressed before considering the job complete.
Our skilled handyman in Boulder understands the importance of attention to detail and precision in every step of the repair process. Our goal is to achieve a flawless result that not only fixes the hole but also maintains the overall aesthetics of your home. Whether it's a small or medium-sized hole, our technician's expertise ensures that the repaired area becomes virtually indistinguishable from the rest of your drywall.
Can You Patch Holes Larger Than Six Inches During My Drywall Repair in Boulder, CO?
No. That is because mere mesh tape and drywall mud won’t provide enough strength to restore its structural integrity. Plus, the same area could easily break again. In this situation, you will need to cut a piece of drywall and apply wood strips to increase the stability. There are more steps required for this type of drywall repair in Boulder, where cutting, taping, mudding, and inserting screws are highly important for a successful repair job. As you can imagine, it also gets messy! That’s one of the reasons why drywall services are best left to the pros; they’re also excellent at cleaning up! Reach out today to learn more.
Unsightly Cracks and Holes? Count On Our Experts For Drywall Repair in Boulder, CO!
Trust Mr. Handyman of E Boulder, Broomfield & Erie for an expert drywall repair in Boulder so your home’s interior looks as good as new! Our local team of service professionals delivers high-quality craftsmanship and proudly serves the residents of Boulder as well as the surrounding communities, of Erie, Frederick, Westminster, and beyond.
If you’re ready to book an appointment for your drywall project with Mr. Handyman or have further questions about our Boulder handyman services, feel free to find us online or give our friendly customer service representatives a call today!