Knowing where to start your home improvement project is often the most difficult part of the process. Our installation service is designed to make your remodel as straightforward as possible.
There is a wide range of flooring options on the market today, each with its own pros and cons. We offer installation service for several different types of flooring to ensure that we can serve all of our customers’ needs. Our most frequently used materials in installations include hardwood, laminate, and tile.
Hardwood Flooring Installation
Since America’s colonial days, wood flooring has been the leading choice for home interiors. Early settlers used the resources they had at their disposal, and there were many trees ready to be used. Today, hardwood is still revered as the most desirable choice for home interiors due to its warm, classic appearance and longevity.
When choosing wood flooring, some options you’ll need to consider include:
- Engineered Wood or Natural Hardwood: Engineered planks are composed of a thin layer of hardwood on the top and several layers of less expensive wood on the bottom, while natural hardwood is made entirely from a single piece of timber.
- Wood Type: First, think about what color you want your flooring to be. Do you want it to be warm- or cool-toned? Light or dark? Then, look at wood types that match your requirements. Some of the most popular options include oak, cherry, hickory, walnut, and maple.
- Plank Width: Just a couple of decades ago, two- and three-inch plank widths were standard. Many homeowners are now opting for wider six-inch planks for a more modern look.
- Finish Type: Do you want your floors to have a glossy or matte finish?
Our expert handyman and carpentry professionals have worked with all kinds of wood flooring and have the experience to modify the installation process according to your vision.
Laminate Flooring Installation
Do you love the look of hardwood floors, but don’t love the cost? Laminate flooring is a great alternative. This flooring product has only been on the market for a little over 40 years, but it has come a long way since its early days. In the last decade, advancements in laminate manufacturing have produced a product that looks and feels very similar to hardwood. Although most will be able to tell the difference between laminate and real wood upon inspection, it’s a worthy contender to the real thing.
There are virtually endless color options available for laminate, including ones that are not naturally found in hardwood, such as grays and blacks. Other factors to consider include:
- Finish Type: Laminate comes in three finishes: textured, smooth, and distressed. Smooth planks don’t have any grooves, making them look less realistic. Most homeowners opt for a textured finish, but some also choose a distressed finish for a more antique style.
- Installation Method: The two most common methods of installation are glued and glueless. As the name suggests, the glued method involves adhering the planks to the subfloor with a strong adhesive. Many contemporary laminate products available today are glueless and can be installed with an innovative click-and-lock method. This makes installation and removal much easier.
At Mr. Handyman of Keller, Roanoke, and Alliance, we have experience in both glued and glueless laminate installation. We can also provide advice on the best laminate products for your unique project.
Tile Flooring Installation
Tile flooring has been used in homes across the world for centuries if not millennia. Though less common in cold climates, tile remains a popular choice for flooring installation in Keller, TX. Plus, it can be combined with underfloor heating to increase comfort on those cooler winter days.
We install all types of tile available, including but not limited to:
- Ceramic tile
- Vinyl tile
- Porcelain tile
- Natural stone tile
- Slate tile
- Marble tile
- Cork tile
Some tile materials are more durable, more suited to certain areas of the home, and require more maintenance than others. When installed properly, tile can last for decades. Our service professionals will get this highly technical flooring installation project done correctly and efficiently.
Our Flooring Installation Process
When you choose us for your flooring installation service, the process will go something like this:
- Initial Consultation: After contacting us for a quote, we’ll arrange an appointment for an in-home estimate. During this appointment, we’ll assess your home, advise you on product options and provide you with a project price estimate. If you decide to go ahead with the installation, we’ll schedule you for a service appointment.
- Flooring Removal: If you currently have old flooring installed that you need removed and disposed of, we’ll do this first.
- Subfloor Preparation: Perhaps more important than the actual flooring installation itself is the preparation of your subfloor and underlayment. If your subfloor needs to be repaired or leveled, we’ll do this first. Next, we’ll add an underlayment. This layer is made up of a cushioning material that makes the floor more comfortable to walk on, as well as absorbs sound and reduces wear.
- Flooring Installation: Now it’s time to install your flooring! The process we take during this stage will depend on the type of flooring you’ve chosen. Click laminate can be installed quickly, while tile involves several steps and curing time.
- Cleanup: After we’ve finished the job, we’ll thoroughly clean up after ourselves. We’ll also provide you with any relevant aftercare and maintenance instructions, and answer any remaining questions you have. If any questions come up in the following days or weeks, simply give us a call, and we’ll be happy to help.
Why Choose Mr. Handyman For Keller Flooring Installation?
No matter which material you choose for your flooring installation, redoing a medium- or large-sized room doesn’t come cheap. Upgrading your floors is a major investment in your home and can have a big impact on your overall property value. It’s important that you choose a professional installation service to ensure that your investment is worth it.
Independent contractors can be hit or miss, but when you work with Mr. Handyman of Keller, Roanoke, and Alliance, you’ll have peace of mind that our flooring experts are some of the top craftsmen in the flooring industry. Our team has an average of 10 years of experience and takes great pride in every job we do. We’re sure you’ll be satisfied with the results, but on the off chance you’re not, we offer a workmanship guarantee. Simply contact us within one year of your service appointment, and we’ll come back and make it right.
Keller Flooring Installation FAQs
Can I Install New Floors On My Own?
Some homeowners may be able to install new floors on their own, while others may not. To determine which category you fall into, you’ll need to be honest with yourself about your abilities and motivations. If you’re someone who enjoys home DIY projects, learning something new, and has experience with carpentry and construction, you may be able to install your floors yourself. On the other hand, if you don’t have a lot of interest in the project and are just trying to save money, it’s probably best to opt for professional installation.
Flooring installation also requires many tools. For hardwood, you’ll need a nail gun and electric saw, both of which are costly to buy and even rent. You may also need to do work on your subfloor and ensure that you understand seam placement, otherwise, your floor won’t look professionally done, nor will it last.
One of the ways trust your flooring installation to professionals will save you money is by helping you make sure you order the right amount of flooring. When you hire a professional for flooring installation in Keller, TX, you’ll also receive the following:
- Speedy and efficient installation times
- Subflooring inspection and repairs
- Demolition and disposal
- No need to rent or buy tools and equipment
- Workmanship guarantee (as long as you work with us!)
How Much Does Flooring Installation In Keller, TX Cost?
Multiple factors go into determining your flooring installation cost. The top ones include:
- Material type
- Square feet needed
- Subfloor condition
- Cost of labor at the time of service
- Supply chain interruptions and demand
- And more
For this reason, it is difficult to provide an accurate estimate of your actual project costs, which is why we provide our prospective customers with free on-site estimates.
At Mr. Handyman, we aim to provide our customers with a competitive project price that reflects the quality of our work while also offering affordable prices to our valued customers.
Do Baseboards Need To Be Removed When Installing Floors?
It depends. In most cases, baseboards do not need to be removed, but sometimes it’s a good idea to do so. If you do not want to replace your current baseboards and you’re concerned that you may need to do a significant amount of drywall repair due to damage incurred while removing them, discuss the possibility of leaving them on with your handyman professional.
Matching the height of your new flooring is difficult to do without removing your baseboards. If the new flooring is more shallow, you may end up with a small gap beneath your baseboards. If it’s thicker, your new flooring simply won’t fit underneath it. For the most seamless result, we suggest baseboard removal.
Another possibility to consider is that you can use your flooring project as an opportunity to install new baseboards, such as those being installed in the image below. Replacing your baseboards can be a great choice if they’re damaged or old, of even if you just want something that better matches your new flooring.
Is Laminate Or Vinyl Plank Flooring Better?
Vinyl flooring and laminate flooring often get confused despite being different products. They’re both intended to mimic wood or tile, but vinyl planks have a polyvinyl chloride (PVC) core while laminate has a compressed wood core.
The best choice for your space depends largely on where it is going to be installed. Vinyl flooring can be 100 percent waterproof, making it a better choice for bathrooms and mudrooms. Otherwise, it generally just comes down to which product you like the appearance of the best. Though laminate once looked more realistic than vinyl, luxury vinyl plank (LVP) flooring has become a strong competitor in recent years.
How Long Does It Take To Install New Flooring?
The length of time required to install new flooring will depend on the condition of your subfloor and the type of flooring you choose. Click-and-lock laminate can be installed fairly quickly, as it does not need to be glued in place and therefore does not require curing time. Tile installation tends to take several days, as multiple adhesives need to be applied in stages. Each coat needs to dry completely before the next is applied.
At your initial consultation, your service technician will discuss the project timeline with you.
For Professional Keller Flooring Installation, Contact Mr. Handyman For A No-Obligation Estimate Today!
Are you looking for a professional installer to complete your Keller flooring installation? Look no further! Mr. Handyman of Keller, Roanoke, and Alliance has the knowledge and expertise to get the job done right. Our workmanship guarantee, free estimates, and the long list of satisfied customers can help assure you that you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by working with us.
To book your flooring installation service or to schedule an appointment for an on-site estimate, give our customer service team a call. You can also fill out our online service request form, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.