As a locally owned and operated business in Northern Virginia, we are proud to serve the residents of Bull Run and nearby communities such as Manassas Park, Falls Church, and Gainesville with a wide range of popular services designed to enhance the comfort and livability of your home. From minor repairs to major improvement projects, our service technicians handle it all!
Is there a home repair project that has been on your mind and you need some advice from a Bull Run handyman? Our friendly customer service staff are always available—we're pleased to offer the information you need to make an informed decision about the care of your property.
HOME ACCESSIBILITY IMPROVEMENTS
Are you or a loved one experiencing issues with reduced mobility and considering leaving a much-loved home that doesn't have the right amenities to keep you safe and comfortable? Before you make that heart-wrenching decision, talk to our handyman service pros about aging in place improvements.
According to a survey from the AARP, three out of four people aged 50 or older would prefer to remain in their current residence, but many are concerned that they won't be able to. Mr. Handyman of Northern Virginia - Arlington to Haymarket is a Certified Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS). That means we have the training needed to identify and implement improvements that will make your home safer and easier for you to maneuver around. Our strategy focuses on four specific categories in Bull Run homes: stability, accessibility, visibility, and safety.
Our accessibility improvement services include:
- Widening doorways
- Installing threshold ramps
- Putting in grab bars
- Lowering tables and countertops
- Relocating light switches and electrical outlets
- Installing shower-assist seats
- Installing walk-in bathtubs
- Raising toilet seats
- Updating flooring
- Replacing doorknobs
This list is not exhaustive, so if you have something else in mind, just call us and let us know what you need. As your Bull Run handyman service provider, we are committed to making your home a safe, comfortable place for you to enjoy your golden years.
BULL RUN DECK MAINTENANCE
Is there anything better than sitting out on the deck, grilling dinner, socializing with friends, and just soaking up the sunshine? We wait all year for warm weather to arrive so we can enjoy our outdoor living spaces, but when your deck has fallen into disrepair it really puts a damper on warm weather fun. Problems such as popping nails and wobbly railings aren't just unsightly, they're dangerous hazards for your guests and family to navigate around.
A skilled Bull Run handyman from our team will get your deck or porch back in excellent condition, so it looks as great as the day it was installed. Our deck maintenance services include:
- Replacing rotten boards
- Replacing wobbly railings & weakened stairs
- Pressure washing to remove built-up grime & loose paint
- Painting, staining, & refinishing
- Repairing damaged porch screens & screen doors
- Fixing grading & drainage issues
If you don't have a deck to maintain, or your current deck could be knocked over by a stiff breeze, we could build you a custom deck from the ground up, perfectly suited to your needs, that will be the envy of the neighborhood. Or, we could add improvements to your existing deck to transform it into your favorite part of the house. Here are some ideas for deck improvements:
- Built-in seating around the perimeter of the deck so there's no more fighting over the last chair
- Cabinets and countertop next to the grill for an outdoor food prep area
- Custom flower boxes and planters to cultivate your green thumb
- Connect the garage or gazebo to the deck with a raised wooden walkway
- Multi-level deck that serves two or three levels of your home, with areas for grilling, dining, recreation, and relaxation
PRESSURE WASHING IN BULL RUN
If you've heard of pressure washing but haven't seen it in action, you may be wondering what the big deal is. Pressure washers are capable of producing pressures that range from 750 to 3,000 psi (pound-force per square inch). That's strong enough to cut through some materials and blast away grime and stains that other cleaning methods don't budge. It's also much faster and more effective than traditional cleaning methods, and it’s safe for use on a wide range of outdoor surfaces and items.
There are many benefits of professional pressure washing services, including:
- Highly effective, thorough cleaning power that saves time and energy
- Primes surfaces for renovation by removing loose paint and wood stain more efficiently than sanding
- Increases curb appeal and property value by making a very noticeable difference in the appearance of your property
- Prevents damage by eliminating corrosive grime that eats away at surfaces, leaving them vulnerable to further damage — such as wood rot
In the hands of an inexperienced amateur, this equipment could cause damage and injury. It's important to get pressure washing services from a skilled professional, such as a Bull Run. handyman who is trained for safe, effective equipment use.
Some things that can be pressure washed include:
- Vinyl siding
- Decks, porches, & patios
- Driveways & walkways
- Sheds, gazebos, & garages
- Large play & sport equipment
- Parking lots
Trust a Bull Run Handyman for Expert Home Repairs and Maintenance
When you need repairs, maintenance, or improvements for your Bull Run home, you can rely on Mr. Handyman of Northern Virginia - Arlington to Haymarket to provide high-quality workmanship and an outstanding customer experience.
Call us today to make a service request and find out why we're considered Bull Run's first choice for dependable handyman services!