Exterior Trim Repair Northern Virginia
What comes to your mind first when people talk about exterior trim? If you need a few moments to think about specific structures, we’ll give you a hint! Think of the wooden structures surrounding your exterior doors and windows or finishing materials like crown moldings. Your exterior drainage system, such as your rain gutters, are installed on wooden fascia boards, which are the straight boards that run along the lower edge of your roof. Then, there are house corner boards that provide your home with an aesthetic appeal. But the truth is that exterior trim also has a functional purpose, which is primarily to keep your home safe and dry. Since most trim is made of wood materials, it is essential that you keep up with maintenance and the occasional exterior trim repair. Northern Virginia homes with damaged trim may look run down, but that could also lead to a series of other problems.
The local pros at Mr. Handyman of Northern Virginia - Arlington to Haymarket are experts in outdoor property maintenance and that includes exterior trim repairs. Northern Virginia handyman professionals at Mr. Handyman are highly skilled and experienced in what they do, bringing an exceptional eye for detail to quickly detect underlying issues. From rotted fascia boards to dysfunctional j channels and sagging gutters, hire our Northern Virginia exterior trim repair service to restore your home’s curb appeal. Contact us at (703) 621-4817 to ask more about trim or keep on reading to learn more about what our service includes!
What To Expect From Exterior Trim Repair, Northern Virginia
When in need of a professional exterior trim repair, Northern Virginia homeowners hire Mr. Handyman for a detailed inspection and diagnosis to determine the exact repair they need. Since most structures are not at eye level, it’s more difficult for homeowners to tell the exact type of damage is evident. Though you can see from afar if paint is peeling, detecting underlying issues requires a trained expert and a well-inspected ladder!
Common Issues Our Experts Handle During Exterior Trim Repair | Northern Virginia
Whether you want to revive your property’s original looks or protect various structures from moisture issues, you’ll get the best results with exterior trim repairs. Northern Virginia handymen have completed a number of repair services, of which many were the result of negligence where maintenance hasn’t been practiced. Here are some examples we often handle:
- Leaky gutters caused by clogs: This is problematic because it leads to moisture and drainage problems where stormwater has nowhere to go and begins to spill over the roofline. If water gets too close to your home’s foundation, you could risk soil erosion, perimeter drain damage, and a basement flood. Another issue that could arise is moisture damage on your roofline, which could eventually leak into your attic and cause mold problems.
- Rotten fascia boards: Many fascia boards are made of wood materials which, over time, deteriorate due to a worn-out sealant. As one of the most important exterior trim, your fascia is in charge of holding your rain gutters in place. But clogged gutters and water spills have a negative effect on your fascia. Not only will it suffer from moisture issues, but the added weight could cause the gutter section to pull away.
- Damaged wood casings: When in need of exterior trim repairs, Northern Virginia residents worry a lot about their exterior window and door frames. Ideally, you have metal-based flashings and j channels to effectively direct storm water away from the frames and structures. But we’ve experienced many wood-based frames that are already warped and urgently require a replacement. When you have decayed trims inside your home, it’s advised to also inspect the exterior as it might be the source of your problem.
Common Trim Materials We Work With
Popular materials that property owners opt for include:
- Fiber cement
While all types are effective, they have different characteristics and maintenance needs.
Why Mr. Handyman is Your Best Choice For Exterior Trim Repair, Northern Virginia
Mr. Handyman is a locally owned and operated business. Plus, it’s Northern Virginia’s one-stop shop for all its handyman needs, from property maintenance to comprehensive repairs and improvements. Residential and commercial clients have relied on our highly skilled team for many years because they understand their pain points and know exactly what to do without too much guidance. That’s because we have already established a strong relationship with our clients who have become our friends and neighbors over the years. Every team member has passed their background check programs and drug screens and brings an average of ten years’ experience working in the trades. Not only are they experienced and fully insured, but they’re also highly courteous and approach every service request with a positive attitude. Whether you’re an existing or new customer, our service professionals always go the extra mile to make the customer experience exceptional!
FAQs About Northern Virginia Exterior Trim Repair
How Do You Perform Exterior Trim Repairs?
Northern Virginia service professionals at Mr. Handyman would use the same methods to treat any damaged wood. Epoxy wood fillers are still ideal to fix damaged door frames. While that is a simple type of repair because it’s within reach, other repair areas are harder to access.
If you have issues with your fascia boards, we’ll most likely need to remove your rain gutters and drip edge to determine the level of damage. If we detect wood rot in time, it is possible that we can cut out the affected areas and recover its function with epoxy repair. But while we’re at it, we’ll also give you the option to choose a replacement service including new gutters. But that’s something we’ll be more than happy to discuss during the initial consultation.
How Do You Fix Peeling Trim?
Peeling paint is an indication of moisture damage where the protective paint or surface sealant has worn off. When hiring an expert for an exterior trim repair, Northern Virginia residents will get peace of mind knowing that our technicians will perform a detailed inspection. If we don’t detect any inherent issues, the steps include:
- Cleaning the surface
- Fixing any gaps and cracks with wood putty or filler
- After drying, we sand the ridges
- Followed by repainting or resealing the surface
Restore Your Property’s Aesthetic Appeal With Northern Virginia Exterior Trim Repairs!
At Mr. Handyman, we recommend that you add an important task to your spring cleaning duties this year—namely, exterior trim repairs. Northern Virginia residents who haven’t maintained their outdoor living space will greatly benefit from our quality service. Additionally, we offer professional deck maintenance, pressure washing, and window repairs.
We happily serve our community throughout Northern Virginia and nearby cities, such as Fairfax Station, Warrenton, and Clifton. Reach out to us today at (703) 621-4817 and speak with one of our knowledgeable customer service representatives.