As a locally owned and operated business, we are proud to deliver a wide range of trustworthy residential handyman services to the homeowners of Weymouth, MA, as well as other parts of the Metro Boston area such as Braintree, Quincy and Milton. Whether you need help with a few minor tasks around the house, or you are struggling to cope with installations or major repair and renovation projects, our Weymouth handyman team can get the job done with the highest standards of expert workmanship and outstanding customer service.
If you'd like to find out more about our popular Weymouth handyman services, or you have questions about a project that has been weighing on your mind, give us a call to chat with our friendly customer service team and get all your questions answered easily. Or, check out some additional information on a few of our featured Weymouth handyman services.
WEYMOUTH DRYWALL REPAIRS AND FINISHING
Drywall is everywhere we look, but we rarely “see” it. It's not the most noticeable building material—in fact, it's more or less designed to fade into the background. But when it suffers unsightly cosmetic damage, you can't help but look straight at the problem area every time you enter the room.
Many people think drywall damage is just an appearance issue, but cracks, holes, water-related problems and more can actually make your home less comfortable and drastically increase your energy costs on your monthly utility bill. Here are a few of the unpleasant effects of damaged drywall:
- Holes and cracks let cool or warm air from your HVAC seep into the spaces between your walls, which means your HVAC system has to operate longer and use more energy to keep your house at the temperature you have set on your thermostat. Your HVAC is already the biggest expense on your utility bill in all likelihood, and damaged drywall can raise your energy charges significantly.
- Damage decreases sound separation between rooms so you can hear every bump and whisper from the next room. This is a problem for any household, but it's even worse in multi-family dwellings.
- Cracks or holes in your drywall encourage opportunistic pests such as rodents and insects to infest your home by giving them easy access points to the inside of your walls, and once one of them finds a way in, they'll bring dozens more along with them.
Whether you have a big hole in your drywall from a careless furniture mover, there are patches of water damage on your wall or ceiling or you're dealing with another issue, our Weymouth handyman team will take care of every step of the drywall repair process. That includes:
- Prepping the area to minimize the mess
- Removing the old drywall without damaging wall studs or electrical wiring
- Installing a mesh adhesive patch or support beam, depending on the size of the damaged area
- Installing the new piece of drywall
- Applying drywall tape to the patch seams
- Covering the tape and screw holes with joint compound
- Sanding the dried compound to a smooth, even finish
- Painting the wall so the repair is completely invisible
- Cleaning up after ourselves
We can even rehang your curtains and framed photos for the finishing touches. We have repaired many walls and ceilings in the Weymouth area, and we'll get the job done right the first time.
GENERAL HOME REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE IN WEYMOUTH, MA
Most Weymouth homeowners have a running tally in their heads of all the little things that need to be handled here and there around their properties, but don't have the time or know-how to get to them. Our team of multi-skilled handymen can make it convenient and cost-effective to get everything crossed off your list by tackling multiple smaller jobs in one appointment.
Let our handyman experts take care of all those home maintenance tasks and minor repair jobs, so you can focus on your family and other commitments—but still enjoy a comfortable, well-maintained home.
Our general Weymouth handyman services include:
- Shelving and storage installation
- Pressure washing services
- Wood rot repair
- Ceiling repair
- Soffit and fascia board repair
- Furniture assembly
- Installing smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors
- TV wall mounting
- Baby proofing
- Stair and handrail installation
- Fence repair and installation
- Aging in place modifications
WEYMOUTH GUTTER CLEANING AND GUTTER REPAIR
Gutter cleaning is one of the most neglected household chores in Weymouth, and that makes a lot of sense when you consider how difficult, time-consuming and dirty it can be. If you aren't willing or able to climb a wobbly ladder and spend hours scooping handfuls of rotten muck out of your rain gutters, you're certainly not alone. But did you know that overflowing and damaged gutters are a major cause of severe moisture damage to your house, from a leaky roof to a cracked foundation and everything in between?
When your gutters are in good shape and operating as intended, they collect all the rainwater that lands on your roof and transport it to downspouts where it can be safely disposed of away from the house. Not impressed? That is actually a lot more water than you might suspect. Let's do the math: just one inch of rain on a 2,000 square foot roof produces around 1,240 gallons of water. Weymouth, MA gets about 51 inches of rainfall annually, significantly more than the national average of 38 inches. That means 63,240 gallons of water fall on your roof each year, or a lot more if you have a larger roof.
If the gutters on your Weymouth house are crammed full of dead leaves, dirt, animal nests and other debris—or if they’re severely damaged—all that water drips or streams down the exterior of your home instead (or pools on your roof). That causes major problems such as wood rot and sinking foundations, both of which can threaten the structural stability of the entire building.
But how do you know if your house needs gutter cleaning or repair services from a Weymouth handyman? Here are some warning signs to watch out for:
- Water is spilling over the edge of the gutter when it rains
- Visible plant growth in the gutter
- Cracks, holes and missing segments
- Sections are badly dented or crushed
- It doesn't seem clogged, but the water just sits there and doesn't move to the downspout
- Black or rust-colored streaks on your siding
- Increased rodent, insect or bird activity near your roofline, or visible animal nests in the gutter
Commercial Property Maintenance and Handyman Services in Weymouth, MA
As any Weymouth business owner will tell you, keeping up with maintenance and repairs on a commercial property is not easy, whether it's a huge supply chain facility or a cozy independent boutique. From corporate businesses and government agencies to little cafés or childcare centers, every commercial property needs the care of an experienced Weymouth handyman.
If you provide a customer-facing service, you know how critically important it is to tailor your business to consumers—and that doesn't just mean your products or services. Fair or not, customers and clients are notorious for judging a book by its cover. That means signs of damage or neglect on your commercial property, whether it's an unsightly cosmetic issue or a more serious problem, can cause your business to lose credibility in their eyes and prompt them to take their money elsewhere. Damage from a lack of maintenance can also lead to liability issues, make it more difficult for your employees to work efficiently or even cause work stoppages.
With the help of our reliable handyman professionals, you can avoid the consequences of a poorly maintained commercial property. We have the experience and skill to keep your property in excellent condition with a wide range of handyman services designed for the unique needs of a business facility.
Our handymen have decades of experience in repair and maintenance trades, so they have the training and knowledge needed to prioritize safety on the job site and adhere to building codes. They also undergo an extensive screening process, including an employee background check program, so you can rest assured that they will always behave professionally and courteously.
Almost every handyman service that a residential property needs can also apply to a commercial property, but businesses also have some unique needs—and we know how to get those commercial handyman jobs done correctly and efficiently as well.
OUR COMMERCIAL WEYMOUTH HANDYMAN SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Pressure washing
- Door installation and repair, including revolving and automatic doors
- Office furniture and cubicle assembly
- Hanging specialty equipment and signage
- Ceiling tile repair
- Carpentry projects
- Window repair and replacement
- Installation of flooring materials such as vinyl, laminate and tile
- Fence installation and repair
- Interior and exterior trim repair
- Trim painting and refinishing
- Siding repair
- Soffit and fascia board repair
- Installation of handicap or accessibility features
- Scheduled general maintenance services
Are you concerned that you don't have enough work to justify hiring a full-time handyman, or that maintenance services will take too big of a bite out of your budget? That's the beauty of working with Mr. Handyman of Central - Eastern Norfolk County & S. Shore.
We will customize your handyman service so you get and pay for exactly what you need, no more or less. Want to set a schedule of agreed-upon tasks and be able to simply trust that they will get done correctly and on time? You can count on us! Just want a dependable, experienced handyman on speed dial in case a problem crops up? We'll be there!
Hire a Reliable Weymouth Handyman for Your Home or Business!
One of the perks of living in Weymouth, MA is access to expert Weymouth handyman services from the team of service professionals at Mr. Handyman of Central - Eastern Norfolk County & South Shore. Want to get everything crossed off your to-do list so you can finally relax in a well-maintained property? We can help with that.
Pick up the phone and get in contact with us today to make a service request and we'll show you why we're considered the smart choice for trusted Weymouth handyman services.