Reasons to Consider Installing Shower Doors
The two main purposes of installing shower doors are to add privacy to the shower and to prevent water from spilling out into the bathroom. If you're considering glass shower door installation, consider these benefits:
- Reduce Maintenance and Upkeep – Using a shower curtain, or no barrier at all, requires added maintenance and upkeep of your shower and bathroom. A shower curtain still allows water to escape the shower. The shower curtain might also get moldy, discolored, dirty, or damaged. A shower door installation will reduce the maintenance and upkeep of your bathroom.
- Prevent Water Damage – Installing a shower door will prevent water damage to your bathroom. It can reduce the risk of mold and mildew growth and extend the lifespan of your bathroom flooring.
- Improve the Aesthetics of Your Bathroom – A glass shower door will make your bathroom look more modern, sleek, and appealing.
- Add Privacy – Shower door installation increases the privacy of your tub or shower.
- Increase the Value of Your Home – A bathroom with a modern shower door will be more appealing to homebuyers if you choose to sell.
- Improve Comfort – Showering and bathing will be more comfortable with a shower door installation.
Types of Shower Doors We Install
We offer professional, reliable shower door installation and shower door repair of all styles and types of shower doors. We specialize in the following:
- Glass shower doors
- Installing bath enclosures
- Frameless shower doors
- Framed shower doors
- Semi-framed bath enclosures
- Sliding shower doors
- Hinged shower doors
Common Shower Door Repairs
We can also extend the lifespan of your shower door by providing expert repairs. If your shower door still looks great and has value, we can repair damage and replace parts, so it functions perfectly again. The most common shower door repairs we complete are:
- Sticking shower door
- Shower door that won’t stay closed
- Leaking shower door
- Dragging shower door
- Unbalanced shower door
- Privacy issues with shower doors
- Missing or broken hardware
- Shower door that’s off its tracks
Shower Door Repairs vs. New Shower Door Installation
Our team of expert shower door installers can determine if it will be more cost-effective to install a new shower door or repair your existing one. Our goal is to save our customers time and money, so we won't ever suggest you pay for a new shower door installation if it isn't the best option for you. We consider these factors when recommending shower door repair or installation:
- The age of the shower door
- Its overall condition
- The cost of shower door repairs
- The cost of a new shower door installation
- Your budget
- Your plans for your home
- How well the existing shower door matches your overall bathroom decor and aesthetic
- Defects in a glass shower door, like cracks or chips
- Extreme rust or corrosion on a shower door frame or tracks
- Heavily damaged or warped metal fittings or tracks
- Excessive shower door leaks that can’t be repaired
Why Choose Mr. Handyman
Our shower door installers and shower door repair handymen have years of experience in the field. They can quickly assess the problem with your shower door and find the fastest, most cost-effective solution. We also offer many other home handyman services, including caulking, drywall repairs and finishing, shower head servicing, tile installation and repairs, vanity and bathroom mirror installation, and bathroom remodels and renovations. If you need a service we don't offer, we're happy to refer you to another company in our Neighborly family of companies. We also operate by the Neighborly Done Right Promise. If you aren't satisfied with your shower door repair or shower door installation, you can contact us within one year, and we will come back and make it right.
Schedule Shower Door Service in Timonium and Lutherville, MD
If you’re trying to find out who installs shower doors in Timonium, Lutherville, or Towson, MD, call us or contact us online at Mr. Handyman of Northern Baltimore County. We’ll offer an estimate for the cost of shower door installation or shower door repair.
Mr. Handyman of Northern Baltimore County proudly serves Timonium, Lutherville, Cockeysville, Phoenix, Townson Owings Mills, Pikesville, Bel Air, Forest Hill, Reisterstown, Sparks, Perry Hall, Roland Park, and Canton.